Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

this is brand new information .gif

so i was at my friends house and we were playing music through his speaker, and then he decides to put on Love as a joke for his family and take the piss and cringe about how depressing it was. I just sat there like bitch ima slap you :crazy:

omg i said that the other day everytime i play love to my friends they say its depressing  :facepalm:  :defeated:

you know sometimes i think lana's playing a little game with us

looking down at her phone from coachella, laughing, tryna see how much we can take

because the way things go it's like a joke

nobodys had more leaks than released singles than us...

:oprah: best post of the year tbh

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

I was in high school when video games was playing on the radio. I wonder if this album will have a broad enough impact to expand the fanbase by appealing to a new cohort of listeners (like more young teens who may have not been in on it earlier cause they were too young)

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

Every album will bring attention to the back catalog. I'm sure even Honeymoon earned Lana many new fans. And there's still a lot of people who have virtually no idea who she is. Considering she's never really had a radio hit (I don't count the SS remix) I'm actually surprised she's as popular as she is.

The Neighbourhood has amazing instrumental production. Very similar to the BTD sound, but darker. Hoping LFL brings some of that.

AMEN!! I love the nbhd, they are my favorite band! I would love LFL to resemble their instrumental sound!

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

@terusama I have high hopes for LFL and therefore I’m not even thinking about music appealing to the teen gp. VG was a rare example of great lyrics and melody with a wide appeal (at least in the UK) that struck a cord with a large demographic. But the most successful teen music type is the generic top40 pop and I don’t want Lana doing that.

From a commercial point of view, I think that it would be a risky strategy because she would need a massive promo and even if she would miraculously do that her success isn’t granted because she’s over 30 now and there are many newcomers more naturally appealing to the teens (Lorde, Halsey, Dua etc.). I estimate that, after the HM era, Lana can rely on 500k interested buyers worldwide for her next release who will check out her album without to much promo. These people are a diverse demographic and I wouldn’t be surprised if most of them are over 20 y.o. I think that most of them would be disappointed if she would come out with some generic pop. So, she’s in a tough place commercially but so is every female artist over 30 not called Beyonce.

As long as she does intriguing videos and beautiful music that make you feel something different and not

something like "Oh I want to shake my ass" (nothing against it but mainstream music is talking only about body parts lately and it's like a biology class but a lot more sexual). And I like how Lana sings about love as the form of peace and not the casual cliché way. There are thousands of songs about love but Lana's stands out cause of the meaning and the music video. I think that with this album she will attract more fans no matter how old she is.

-Homeland of the Gods-

Reading the Dazed quotes I chuckled.......

I remember just a few years ago she would always bring Born To Die sales..."it sold like 3 million copies"

Now "I don care about sales"

Only a flop would say that lol. It's true tho. She gave up which is sad to see.

Reading the Dazed quotes I chuckled.......

I remember just a few years ago she would always bring Born To Die sales..."it sold like 3 million copies"

Now "I don care about sales"

Only a flop would say that lol. It's true tho. She gave up which is sad to see.

I think she just changed her mind..

When she was working on BTD she was really passionate to make it, be a star and sell many records

Now I think she doesn't care about none of these..Otherwise she could serve another btd before she was getting "flopped"

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I think she just changed her mind..

When she was working on BTD she was really passionate to make it, be a star and sell many records

Now I think she doesn't care about none of these..Otherwise she could serve another btd before she was getting "flopped"

You were so obsessed with writing the next best american record.