Sign in to follow this  
veniceglitch

Pitchfork Interview: "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness: A Conversation With Lana Del Rey"

One of her best interviews. So genuine. I like that while we're learning information about the new record, the interviewer also dips into past records. It's interesting hearing about Black Beauty and how that song can still be relevant to her current life. I also liked how they talked about the missing lyric in Ultraviolence. I had actually noticed that last year while she was doing her little festival tour, and made a post about it wondering what that was all about. It's interesting to hear now.

(@ 1:00 & 2:10)

]

This is really interesting. I had heard live versions, but hadn't seen video, and the way she physically and demonstratively stops herself from singing that line really shows where her emotions are at. The most compelling thing about her lyrics is that there's no sense of hindsight in them - she sings through the events as though she's experiencing them right that moment for the first time - and one of the risks of that is dealing with something that she hasn't fully worked through yet. I think in a few years, she might be able to sing that line again, from a different perspective.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

The interview is really awesome and outstanding, I love it. But I'm a bit confused about the overall dark/melancholic tone of it – in the interview she gave this German newspaper she sounded way happier: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/9190-german-lust-for-life-interview/

Maybe it was because of the questions of the Pitchfork guy that she opened up so much, I don't know.

Not to go on a rant here or anything but what does mean when she says she feels more safe during the Obama era? Lana is a rich woman living in Beverly Hills or some shit. The worst things regarding her safety would be her crazy fans, which Obama can't stop. She's all like I hope everything is OK for the new 3 and half years but she doesn't do a single thing to pro actively try to make it that way. Casting fake witch hexes on trump isn't gonna do whatever. Her whole idea from some of the political songs off LFL are about making a difference. I mean she even has a song with the lyrics 'when the world was at war we just kept dancing' like she isn't the one dancing. I really can't believe she added those gunshots to the chorus of GBA like they didn't have any political connection.

Great interview. I love how honest she is and all her political comments made me appreciate the more-or-less political tracks much more. And her being aware about how it's not appropriate to romanticise Murica anymore

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Lets see what kind of review these mother fuckers give her

They gave best new album to Tyler w/ an 8.5 so she's definitely below that. :crossed: