Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

286 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

32 minutes ago, Sunbather Moonchaser said:

I just realised that there'll be a full moon in my country when it's LFL's 7th birthday:wubna:

isnt a full moon at the same day everywhere in the world? anyway its gonna be cool

generated blinkie

Lately I've been thinking (and mourning) about that World War II and US Army inspired music video Lana wanted to do for a Lust For Life track but scrapped the idea and the video wasn't filmed :crying5: I suspect it was for When The World Was At War, it kind of fitted with the description

2.gif

On 7/14/2024 at 6:06 AM, Embach said:

Lately I've been thinking (and mourning) about that World War II and US Army inspired music video Lana wanted to do for a Lust For Life track but scrapped the idea and the video wasn't filmed :crying5: I suspect it was for When The World Was At War, it kind of fitted with the description

Idk if they’re the ones she wanted to use for the MV, but I loved the visuals she played when she performed it on tour 

The last unicorn GIF on GIFER - by Thothis

Adine Kirnberg Regular

Her best album aesthetic by far, the retro-futuristic, 60s doo-wop, hippie witchy thing?? PLS

:yass:

Imagine if she had released it the way she actually wanted to. Idk what happened but yeah screw the label but still she ate

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Happy Birthday LFL - the first Lana release I got to experience as a fan. I still remember listening to you for the first time and getting to see Lana perform your songs on tour (the only time I’ve seen her live :crying5:.) I’ll forever hold a special place in my heart for you  :kiss:

Adine Kirnberg Regular

13 minutes ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

Happy Birthday LFL - the first Lana release I got to experience as a fan. I still remember listening to you for the first time and getting to see Lana perform your songs on tour (the only time I’ve seen her live :crying5:.) I’ll forever hold a special place in my heart for you  :kiss:

Same <3 i may have liked her music since late 2015 but lust for life is the first album i experienced as a fan

7 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Same <3 i may have liked her music since late 2015 but lust for life is the first album i experienced as a fan

Literally me too. I discovered BTD/Paradise in late 2015. I was in 6th grade… probably wasn’t the best for my development tbh :eek2:

Adine Kirnberg Regular

Lust for life! my baby! You’re a classic, so much so hints of you went on to be sprinkled into NFR and Chemtrails. Your rollout was sabotaged but you were iconic nonetheless, hoping your original tracks get justice #guccionmybody

9a4EPC1.gif

12 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

You know what happened in late 2015?

Lana recorded Gucci…

Gucci is an outtake from LFL, and today is it’a birthday.

LEAK GUCCI FOR LFL 7TH ANNIVERSARY!!!

The day LFL leaked was officially released is permanently etched into my brain. I’ll never forget scrambling to download the album and listening in full for the first time in my room. “it’s fuckin’ HOT HOT” made me jump out of my chair the first time I heard it. Instantly obsessed with the vocals and lyrics of that song. 13 Beaches took me straight back to Honeymoon (which I was craving more of at the time). White Mustang was my most coveted song after her Insta snippets but she left me wanting more after hearing it in full. Cherry rocked me (ultra softly). Summer Bummer was already a fave. I loved the intro, outro and production on God Bless America. But the real highlights for me came at the end of the album. Get Free was and still is my favorite song off the record. “Out of the black into the blue” vocals and her modern manifesto to choose happiness was something I needed at that time. Back in 2017, this album coming after Honeymoon was a hard pill for me to swallow. I wasn’t a fan of the political songs and feared she was veering into cheesy territory. After 7 years of distance, seeing the original darker, witchy vision she had for the album, I’ve come to love it for what it is. I play it when I need some good background music to just vibe out to. Get Free, Heroin, Love, 13 Beaches and Cherry are always in my rotation. I’ve started to even come around on Change which looking back was kind of prescient before C*ovid and the last few years of absolute mess:icant: Like all of Lana’s albums, LFL became another marker of time in my own life and even though the US was a complete mess in 2016/2017, listening to the album makes me nostalgic for that time in my personal life. It’s another bright light she’s given me with her music and lyrics :wub:

Tumblr

35 minutes ago, Lasso said:

Her best album aesthetic by far, the retro-futuristic, 60s doo-wop, hippie witchy thing?? PLS

:yass:

Imagine if she had released it the way she actually wanted to. Idk what happened but yeah screw the label but still she ate

But she released it in the way she wanted to, she made all these choices and changes, idk where did the label rumour come from, it's a myth

40 minutes ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

Idk if they’re the ones she wanted to use for the MV, but I loved the visuals she played when she performed it on tour 

Cool visuals yeah!

2.gif

8 minutes ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

Literally me too. I discovered BTD/Paradise in late 2015. I was in 6th grade… probably wasn’t the best for my development tbh :eek2:

Slay

1 minute ago, Embach said:

But she released it in the way she wanted to, she made all these choices and changes, idk where did the label rumour come from, it's a myth

Cool visuals yeah!

Indeed, where does this label myth come from if she released LFL the exact way she wanted to? 

22 minutes ago, Embach said:

Oh ok then! If that was her doing I support her :true: 

bring witchy aesthetics back :yell:

25 minutes ago, Dark City said:

Indeed, where does this label myth come from if she released LFL the exact way she wanted to? 

girl idk! Probably some "insider" :omfg:

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚