Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

happy birthday lfl :party:

though i have my reservations on the album as a whole i can see its importance on lana's career.

The lfl era was super fun to experience. Lana teasing us for months, the album trailer and witchcraft tweet, all of those photoshoots interviews, and la to the moon that was a big tour. What A time to be alive miss those days

Been listening to this album a lot lately. Love to Groupie Love is my favourite track run and the main reason i go back to this album. In My Feelings and Coachella still sound cheap, tacky and symbolise a career low point but i still kinda bop to them. GBA and World at War are decent but haven't aged well, i still enjoy them though. And the final three tracks from Heroin to Get Free are gold. 

There's two other songs which don't even deserve to be mentioned because still to this day i find them AWFUL. 

Having a Fleetwood Mac and a Beatles song on a Lana Del Rey album just doesn't work. They're not Lana.

:oprah3:

In Conclusion,

10/16 tracks are amazing.

2 are tacky, 2 are outdated and 2 are abominations :smokes:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Why people dislike LFL album? Or not consider it one of the best? I actually need reasons, I'd like to have answers for my analysis of this album I'll perhaps post here one day :true:

Also what a perfect day for leakers to leak Silverlake, Everything I Do, LA Who Am I, Gucci, Poetry In Motion, Something Real, Malibu, Sugary Sweet, Say Yes To Heaven and Fina China (LFL versions), Roses Bloom For You and all the demos and outtakes and mixes and alt versions and photos from LFL era. Why keep it, sharing is caring :true:

url%5D

2 minutes ago, CHATEAU MARMONT said:

happy birthday lfl :party:

though i have my reservations on the album as a whole i can see its importance on lana's career.

The lfl era was super fun to experience. Lana teasing us for months, the album trailer and witchcraft tweet, all of those photoshoots interviews, and la to the moon that was a big tour. What A time to be alive miss those days

We honestly didn’t appreciate this era at the time: five singles, numerous magazine shoots and articles, many interviews where she revealed tracks’ names, radio premiere. We had been fed so much and yet, we were complaining pretty much every day. True, it took a long time to get the release date (which is my biggest trigger when it comes to her pre-releases), but God this pre-release  era was pleasant, compared to Norman’s :oopna:

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

Why people dislike LFL? Or not consider it one of the best? I actually need reasons

The song or the album? The song is a bop. The album is just a bit directionless and messy, but it's enjoyable

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

We honestly didn’t appreciate this era at the time: five singles, numerous magazine shoots and articles, many interviews where she revealed tracks’ names, radio premiere. We had been fed so much and yet, we were complaining pretty much every day. True, it took a long time to get the release date (which is my biggest trigger when it comes to her pre-releases), but God this pre-release  era was pleasant, compared to Norman’s :oopna:

well i was active at twitter at that time so i dont know how were on this forum back then.

but i really enjoyed this era - i would put it her second best era after btd era just bc THAT was an era and, well all the other eras were the same :noparty:

7 minutes ago, Embach said:

Why people dislike LFL? Or not consider it one of the best? I actually need reasons, I'd like to have answers for my analysis of this album I'll perhaps post here one day :true:

Also what a perfect day for leakers to leak Silverlake, Everything I Do, LA Who Am I, Gucci, Poetry In Motion, Something Real, Malibu, Sugary Sweet, Say Yes To Heaven and Fina China (LFL versions), Roses Bloom For You and all the demos and outtakes and mixes and alt versions and photos from LFL era. Why keep it, sharing is caring :true:

Oh honey, you’re in for a big storm.

i can summarize many points: the trap beats on the last tracks added to the album sound a bit cheap, many people dislike the title track with the Weeknd and would have preferred the demo, and there’s also the conception (misconception ?) that the initial concept for the album was more spacey - ambiant and witchy than what we got, many don’t like the collabs or would have preferred solo versions to those songs, the “political songs” don’t fit her, and the track list isn’t cohesive for a Lana album.

I personally don’t agree with a lot of those points. 

The only thing that I wish she had gone trough was to release an EP of the best outtakes from it, a couple of months later, before Norman.

2 minutes ago, CHATEAU MARMONT said:

well i was active at twitter at that time so i dont know how were on this forum back then.

but i really enjoyed this era - i would put it her second best era after btd era just bc THAT was an era and, well all the other eras were the same :noparty:

LB was probably the biggest hater of this era at the time. It took time and new members coming in and loving it to change the “LB narrative”. 

9 minutes ago, Embach said:

Why people dislike LFL? Or not consider it one of the best? I actually need reasons, I'd like to have answers for my analysis of this album I'll perhaps post here one day :true:

i just think there are 2 albums in one and they dont really work together. coachella is were they both meet and is a mess

but i really loved an analysis you posted on this thread with 4 different eps i never heard or seen this album that way <3

Leakers leak some LFL outtakes on her birthday challenge :ma: 

We know there's like a full side B/companion EP sitting somewhere so pls make it reality :lange: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

The fact I'm still obsessed with this album after all of these years :oprah: I think that loving Honeymoon and Lust For Life right from the start is something that I can flex with...

url%5D

She was so active and excited about that album. She even wanted to release her favorite outtakes from it. She must've been so proud of the album then :oprah: then later she made more albums to be proud of like NFR and Ocean Blvd (I remember she said she was proud of NFR and later OB or something)

url%5D

Happy birthday to LFL. 

I have great memories of that time, as our daughter was born that summer.

I took the train every day to go to work and I had seen advertising in the station. I didn't have so much time, so I kindly asked my girlfriend to go and buy me the coke bottle vinyl.

I was born the same year as Lana and my daughter was born the same year as LFL. So this album will always be a little special for me.