Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I like the song, but imo, with the production it was given it couldn't reach the climax it needed, like the production doesn't even fit the vibe of the song from minute 1:32 to the end. I think it would've been even better if it was produced like 13 Beaches or Blue Velvet or Burning Desire; with violins instead of the trashy little beats, also the whistling was kind of unnecesary (or is it supposed to represent someone calling a horse by whistling?). I think this song needed to sound more "vintage" to live up to its potential, that way it could even be longer, the song we actually got works as a 2:45 minute song.

Yes to all of that BUT

I love your signature so so so much

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I love this album to death but there are 2 laughable things that I still can't get over with

1) Fuck & bitch in Cherry although it starts growing on me

2) The sWaG in In My Feelings I just can't stand the way she presents herself in the song and it's just cringy and I know she can do it right (Playground, FMWUTTT, MPG, even Sad Girl) and I have no idea why she failed this time

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I didn't like Heroin at first but it's getting better the more I listen to it. And it's also becoming more heartbreaking too because of the lyrics. It's in my top 5 favorite off the album.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

WAIT so each video so far has continued after the point of the video before

And in Lust for Life the camera flies increasingly further from Earth 

So maybe the next video (WM) is Lana on her spaceship flying away from Earth and it'll zoom in on her in the spaceship

I didn't like Heroin at first but it's getting better the more I listen to it. And it's also becoming more heartbreaking too because of the lyrics. It's in my top 5 favorite off the album.

Me too! The "It's fucking hot hot" part made me love it, it's so random and iconic

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I don't get why everyone's coming for White Mustang when In My Feelings is so much cringier. The hook is so bad. "You got me in my feeeeeeelings." What an anticlimactic melody. The "who's doper than this bitch part" could have saved it if she didn't then regress back to "I'm feeeeling all my fucking feeeeeeeeeelings." And she might not have even said the iconic "crying while I'm coming" lyric. It's a drag of a song.

White Mustang is underdeveloped. If the production were more varied and she actually put effort into singing the chorus, it would have been a very cute short song. The whole theme is very Lana-esque, and both the whistling and the "you're gonna ????" melodies at the end are great. I don't get why she makes songs with good verses and then ruins them with lazy production and choruses *side eyes Guns and Roses*. Anyway looking forward to that video, hope its longer than 2:45.

I'm still feeling LFL. I'm happy she made such a diverse album even if it pissed the gays off. TNC remains one of the best off this record. I don't get how some folks drag Lana for being too repetitive and then essentially say "make BTD/UV 2.0." Those records (ESPECIALLY UV) were made at a certain point in her life and she can't just get that back. Im glad she's experimenting with folky sounds and collabs and semi political lyrics. Just get higher quality trap beats, Lana. BTD had great beats, idk why they've cheapened so much. Also COMMIT to your political lyrics. GBAAATBWII makes little sense. WTWWAWWJKD is confusing. BPBP is confused. Change is cute. Get Free comes from a personal place, which made it the most genuine out of all of them. I would kill for that original overly personal version.

I just cannot understand that if the White Mustang video was shot such a long time ago, why hasn't she released it yet? I mean, what the fuck is she waiting for now that it has been weeks since her record dropped

Only about 2 weeks though. :hooker:

But yeah, I want to watch it too. Gimme! :crossed: :excited:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Only about 2 weeks though. :hooker:

But yeah, I want to watch it too. Gimme! :crossed: :excited:

Maybe she's waiting for the hype to start dying a bit so she can bring it back to life again with the surprise mv release.. that would make sense

See i think Change is the underrated lyrical masterpiece. I feel like we don't talk about it enough

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

See i think Change is the underrated lyrical masterpiece. I feel like we don't talk about it enough

Something we finally can agree on! :teehee: I really like Change! Can't believe she wrote it in a few hours before deadline! :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png