Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

@wymwood

without Coachella there would be no lust for life.

The entire concept album in two parts is solely there because of Coachella

without Coachella one would have had 10 songs perhaps 9. So one got almost a second whole album, and also got a concept album

and instead of negativity-

why not then just enjoy the other songs

(most other singers release new albums, have one good song on it, and all the others suck and are filler, almost 100% of the time.)

(why there is another artist who namedropped loved and copied Lana, (then) who  just released her second album, that is actually a Bleachers album, which is actually a Fun album, which actually was based on a song

that they had swiped from Dexy's Midnight Runners (Come on Eileen) in the first place. (Still waiting for a 2nd great song from Dexy's....LOL

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

She could make the most cheap, commercial song ever; have it be played all over radios featuring cool new hip rappers and an awesome remix extension, and i'm 100% sure my friends will STILL hate it just because it's Lana. People just love to dislike her and i don't understand why. Summer Bummer could've been a huge radio hit if people gave it a chance, but they don't. If that was sung by Rihanna featuring Drake or some shit, i bet they'd be blasting it all over radios and in clubs. It's a joke.

When people ask me "oh why do you like her though? she's really depressing and you can't really dance to her music", i just wanna scream literally. Like almost her entire unreleased collection is a bunch of cute, funny pop songs but sadly she doesn't get any credit for her talent and variety in the industry.

The reason "Summer Bummer" hasn't become a huge radio hit is because Lana's team pays no attention to the major marketing platform that is radio and never sent or pushed it to Top 40 radio stations.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

https://theinterns.net/2017/08/01/deleting-four-songs-off-lana-del-reys-lust-life/

Did y'all read this? They can't be serious about trying to cut BPBP and Heroin  :deadbanana:

I saw the word 'intern' and noped the fuck out of that site. :lmao:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

these are the only songs i listen to off the album anymore-

White Mustang
Heroin
We Kept Dancing (starting to skip it 'cause of the "NoOoOo, it's only the beginning")
Summer Bummer

In My Feelings

13 Beaches
GBA (sometimes)
Get Free (sometimes, but the shitty mixing at the end ruins it)

The rest of the album has no replay value for me. TNC is unlistenable, not because of Sean who is lovely, but because of the lyricism.

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

Am i the only one dying to see the merch? Like those Hollyweird post cards she gave to fans at that concert are calling my name

im nervous to see the merch , i still can't get over how ugly the endless summer tour merch was  :defeated:  hopefully it's nice cause i want to be wearing lana at school to represent the god of music

giphy.gif

Yall have the right to like Get Free, I have the right not to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's way too funky for me the black blue part is unlistenable for me even though the beginning is great. It just sounds idk messy to my ears

ZKcaooE.png

im nervous to see the merch , i still can't get over how ugly the endless summer tour merch was  :defeated:  hopefully it's nice cause i want to be wearing lana at school to represent the god of music

i really fucking regret buying the endless summer tour shirt  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

sgopYhV.gif

Yall have the right to like Get Free, I have the right not to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's way too funky for me the black blue part is unlistenable for me even though the beginning is great. It just sounds idk messy to my ears

alyssa-edwards-bitch-sit-your-ass-down-a

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

Yall have the right to like Get Free, I have the right not to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's way too funky for me the black blue part is unlistenable for me even though the beginning is great. It just sounds idk messy to my ears[/size]

That black blue part is the only part I don't like. It kind of doesn't even sound like her

LIZARD PEOPLE