Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I think that Heroin is one of my favorite Lana songs ever. It sounds so deep and I really like the sound of this one. I also think that the lyrics is beautiful. "I'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin. Probably gave you everything and took your life away. I put you on an aeroplane, destined for a foreign land. My hope's that you come back again. And tell me everything's okay, ay, babe, yeah." and "It's fucking hot, hot, winter in the city. Something about this weather made these kids go crazy. It's hot, even for February. Something about this sun has made these kids get scary. Oh, writing in blood on my walls and shit. Like oh my god. Dripping off from the walls into the docks and shit. Oh, ho ho ho, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it. Lead me, baby, come on, come one, come on, come on." are so iconic.

*tries to find just one good quote but gives up and quotes the entire freaking song*

blue eyes, and jazz, and attitude

Listening a few more times and... 

The chorus of 13 Beaches when she sings “That I've been dying for something real” still gets me EVERY DAMN TIME.  

also, I actually really love White Mustang lyrically and sonically except the fact she just repeats the title over and over. The song starts soooo cute and has a nice bridge as well. She could have done something like 

“The day I saw your white mustang,

I knew my life had changed,

the day I saw hour white mustang 

but then you never came etc etc.” 

still madly in love with 98% of this album.

The second half of this album is so impressive lyrically. Get Free and Heroin? I can't deal. And yet, I still like the first half better for now. I also don't know if it's the novelty of Lana making a female empowerment song or what but I LOVE GBA

tZ7WN4B.gif

Sorry if this sounds like rain on your parade but on first listen this album is such a massive let down for me. "Ultraviolence" and "Honeymoon" were masterpieces. This album sounds just too commercial (can't believe she sings with rappers now). There are some good songs ("Cherry" being the best one) but it only goes downhill after "White Mustang". :facepalm:

I don't see why all the hype about "Heroin" and "Get Free". They make me feel... nothing. I would say they're definitely overrated. "Get Free" sounds just like "Creep" by Radiohead. What's so original about that? That is not even a nice song, in my opinion. The previous two albums were so emotional but I am struggling to connect here. I don't like songs about politics or drugs. I don't like duets and I'm not a fan of profanity in lyrics either. :defeated:

"Born to Die" was the most commercial album of hers before, but that one had plenty of really great songs. I would put this one on par with "Paradise", which was my least favourite album.

I hope on her next album she goes back to what she was doing before because I don't like this new direction she's taking.

Lastly, before you crucify me, it is not my intention to offend anyone, just giving my honest opinion on what I think about this album on first listen. Hope it gets better after a few listens (although I doubt it because I liked the other ones instantly, except "Paradise").

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

I think it's possible that this is her best album so far, and this is coming from a hardcore UV stan. Only time can tell. I'm in love with every song, which wasn't the case at first with all her previous albums, so that says something for me.

(only complaint is that White Mustang should be longer!)

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

It's so hard to stay focused on summer research school and not thinking about Lana, the album I haven't heard yet, the London concert on Monday and wishing to listen to that tiny part of Yosemite she sang, and wondering if the album has arrived on the mail yet at home. :defeated:

Do you get coin every time you plug *summer research school* cause I’ve seen it in literally every post you’ve made lol. (Joking, don’t take it personal haha) 

Sorry if this sounds like rain on your parade but on first listen this album is such a massive let down for me. "Ultraviolence" and "Honeymoon" were masterpieces. This album sounds just too commercial (can't believe she sings with rappers now). There are some good songs ("Cherry" being the best one) but it only goes downhill after "White Mustang". :facepalm:

I don't see why all the hype about "Heroin" and "Get Free". I would say there is a lack of emotion here. The previous two albums were so emotional but I am struggling to connect here. I don't like songs about politics or drugs. I don't like duets and I'm not a fan of profanity in lyrics either. :defeated:

"Born to Die" was the most commercial album of hers before, but that one had plenty of really great songs. I would put this one on par with "Paradise", which was my least favourite album before.

I hope on her next album she goes back to what she was doing before because I don't like this new direction she's taking.

Lastly, before you crucify me, it is not my intention to offend anyone, just giving my honest opinion on what I think about this album on first listen. Hope it gets better after a few listens (although I doubt it because I liked the other ones instantly, except "Paradise").

See, for me (and I think many others) Honeymoon is the album lacking emotion. I still listen to it sometimes but imo it's by far the emptiest and most monotone body of work she's released. Get Free along with practically all the other tracks on the album feel to me full of emotion and very dynamic... and I also could have done without rappers but I don't see it as selling out or her lowering herself to some lower level genre of music lmao. I actually think the rap is seamlessly integrated into one very diverse, again dynamic and constantly changing album. I love love UV but LFL to me is a much more satisfying experience if we're talking listening through the entire record and not cherrypicking the hits from the duds.

White Mustang, Heroin, and 13 beaches all made me cry in my bed. Those three are some of her best songs ever. I was worried this album would be all positive vaguely political statements - to me that's just not really lana, it's not what she does best and it's not what made her an icon to so many. I'm so happy the album isn't like that. I like it so much more than I thought I would. She's still an amazing songwriter when she looks inside and finds the right inspiration. And her VOCALS on this album are honestly the best we've ever heard I think. You can tell she really worked at crafting these songs to sound beautiful. 

giphy.gif

An album. Heroin is my favourite Lana song ever and I'm not being hyperbolic.

World At War is inexplicably sexy and seductive. The bridge gets me hard. Especially when she sings "when the world was at waar mmm". I'm shaking

GBA is just so beautiful and melancholic. The second part of the chorus is especially gorgeous.

Get Free is a brilliant closer that I feel kinda lays the ground for her next record.  Also, I love how high in the mix her vocals are during the "OUT OF THE BLACK..." part. It gives the song another dimension. She's an INCREDIBLE producer. Blown away by her vision, genuinely

It kinda annoys me how underrated WIld Mustang is. 

All in all I'm very satisfied and happy with album. 

I love good taste

Investigators find drugs hidden in Mexican candy

"A tip helped investigators find 14 kg of heroin, which was hidden in a Mexican candy called De La Rosa, a peanut marzipan."

Ingredients can be found online lol

Lol so that's why they're so fucking addictive

There isn't a track on this album that I don't like, it's such a perfect album

I love good taste x2

i need the clean version of cherry  :crossed:  this explicit one is so extra and ugly  :crossed:  she tried keeping the song relevant by shouting random profanity.  :crossed:  :crossed:  :crossed:  IT DIDNT WORK they sound bad :crossed:  :crossed:

:crossed:  :crossed:  :crossed:

I think that Heroin is one of my favorite Lana songs ever. It sounds so deep and I really like the sound of this one. I also think that the lyrics is beautiful. "I'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin. Probably gave you everything and took your life away. I put you on an aeroplane, destined for a foreign land. My hope's that you come back again. And tell me everything's okay, ay, babe, yeah." and "It's fucking hot, hot, winter in the city. Something about this weather made these kids go crazy. It's hot, even for February. Something about this sun has made these kids get scary. Oh, writing in blood on my walls and shit. Like oh my god. Dripping off from the walls into the docks and shit. Oh, ho ho ho, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it. Lead me, baby, come on, come one, come on, come on." are so iconic.

I love good taste x3

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

So are getting a spotify session of her performances last night or... :awkney:

Probably not, she didn’t really sing the full length of some songs and some of them she just came in on parts. 

i actually wouldve preffered a shorter album with 13 tracks going as such :

Roses Bloom For You

13 Beaches

Lust For Life

Cherry

White Mustang

Heroin

Best American Record

Yosemite

Tomorrow Never Came

God Bless America

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing