Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Masterpieces as Dark Paradise, MDM and Without You now are underrated, and bops as Radio, NA, DMD are bad treated

YES BITCH

FUCKING WORK MY PUSSY OUT THE GREAT 3 FROM BTD

this is the bop version gorl 

IMO I still like the album version better :eek: 

This version doesn't match the sound of the other tracks in BTD. The album version's production is darker, and that really makes the song better. And "we don't give a whaaaat" instead of "get us while we're hot" was kinda cringey :eek: x2

But this version is very Lizzy so that's nice.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

this is the bop version gorl 

FHGHKSJAMJ WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD THIS BEFORE... WIG

:wowcry: :wowcry: :wowcry: :wowcry: :wowcry: :wowcry: :wowcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

FHGHKSJAMJ WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD THIS BEFORE... WIG

:wowcry: :wowcry: :wowcry: :wowcry: :wowcry: :wowcry: :wowcry:

That's not all  :creep:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

you guys make this thread so hard to read sometimes

sometimes ??? 

bitch this place is like a 5 year old snorted adderal and then slammed their head on a heated stove

I want another National Anthem-like music video for Cherry (meaning I want a dope concept with dope visuals and some dank dance moves)

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I want another National Anthem-like music video for Cherry (meaning I want a dope concept with dope visuals and some dank dance moves)

Ohh yes :hooker:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Parts I love the most from each song, this looks like an essay or something tbh tenor.gif

1. Love - The whole bridge. "Don't worry baby". Reminder that everything is temporary..

2. Lust For Life - The spoken parts "climb up the H, of the Hollywood sign..." and "we dance on the H, of the Hollywood sign". It sounds very Lana.

3. 13 Beaches - The chorus "And that I've been dyyyyyin' yeaaah!" :karaoke:

4. Cherry - Fuck. So many things. The guitar on the verses, the drum roll and the chorus, the background vocals during the bridge. It's just :pussypower:

5. White Mustang - The piano, the first chorus is dope. The second verse hits close to home tbh. 

6. Summer Bummer - Lana's verse "White lines and black beaches". It was the first thing we heard from the song in a snippet and I love it because it always gets stuck in my head.

7. Groupie Love - The happy-dreamy vibe that the whole song has. The two verses are very smooth and I love A$AP's verse with Lana's back up moans. One specific part I love is: "this is my life, you by my side, key lime and perfume and festivals, taaaking our dreams turning them to things..." :flutter:

8. In My Feelings - "Get that cigarette smoke out of my face!" :crazy:

9. Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind - The chorus "I'd trade it all for a stairway to heaven..." also "maybe my contribution could be as small as hoping, that words could turn to birds and birds will send my thoughts your way". This song has nice lines, and you can feel it even more when something sad happens in your country/city. In my case, the quakes in Mexico and in the American case, the Las Vegas shooting  :poordat:

10. God Bless America - The pre-chorus and the bridge make this song enjoyable for me, but I'm not very connected to it. I'm not a woman, and I'm not American so I can't relate to this song at all  :noparty: 

11. When the World Was At War We Kept Dancing - I really love this one, the verses are gold. But as good sis @Terrence Loves Me has said, the production in the chorus is off-putting and not fitting with the verses  :defeated:

12. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems - Just when Stevie Nick's verse kicked in for the first time, I was scalped bald for the 7th time when I first listened to the album (I say 7th because 13 Beaches, Cherry, WM, IMF, GBA and WTWWAW had scalped me before). Two of my favorite ladies in music, together in one song. You can guess I really love this one. One part I like is "but when I love him, get a feeling, something close to like a sugar ruuush:legend:

13. Tomorrow Never Came. When the song starts and I hear that folky production, I get very relaxed. Like I can't be in a bad mood with this song (same with Love and GL) The pre-choruses are the best parts in these songs imo. "Lay, Lady Lay... on this side of paradise in the Tropic of Cancer"  :gclap:

14. Heroin. Wow. What can I say? The whole song is the best moment in the whole record. The cold atmosphere of the verses, "I wanna leave, I'll probably stay another year", "something about this city makes my head get crazy", "I hope that I come back one day, to tell you that I've really changed" are so damn relatable. :wowcry: :omg: :oprah:

15. Change. There's something in the water, I can taste it turning sour!... it's bitter, I'm coughing, but now it's in my blood. Also the entire chorus. :prettyhurts:

16. Get Free: There's no more chasing rainbows, and hoping for an end to them... also Out of the black!, into the blue! and the nice sea noises  :et: 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif