Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

beautiful people beautiful problems? never heard of it. i only know

omg i just had a major throwback moment. a true underrated gem, i wonder where these girls are 

EDIT: teen reacts to this video has 10x more views mdr

So... you're saying that Coachella is better?? O___o

Not really lol. It's just that I can't feel any connection with GBA if that makes sense. It's my least played song of the album. But sonically it's better than Coachella.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

well we can ALL agree Brite Lites Demo is just trash compared to TNC or Cherry.

@Lana Rey Loreen right in front of your salad photo.jpg

In the ballroom of my mind across the country line...

It hurts to love you, but I still love you, it's just the way I feel, and I'd be lying if I kept hiding, the fact that I can't deal... and that I've been DYYYYYYYING, YEAAAAAAAAAAH! vPL1h.gif Indeed very cohesive if you listen to it right after BAR. Wig.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

i love u so much tho and a lot of u guys @roctab a WUEEN!! @slavatore <3 lefgend lodes more but cba to name

catch me if you can, working on my okrashka, slavaatttoooorrrreeeeeeee

A1hTMzb.jpg

bpbp sucks :/

honestly wtf is that song even about , Steven sticks comes in with a verse about blue collared men and after that im confused . least played song .

btw , i've been thinking about this A LOT gurls. i truly feel 13 beaches was written in the Honeymoon era. i hear it SO well in the album after religion. it fits the theme too of her feelings with fame during the era. Honestly , such a chilling song . especially after the "underneath the pines with the daisies part" . i feel like i could do anything to this song . I STAN 13 BEACHES .

giphy.gif

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Well the vocals do sound different (I think)

Still waiting for the Lust For Life demos though 35713704922_18161c41a2_b.jpg.b4477e920a5

Love demo maybe leaks in 2020

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

honestly wtf is that song even about , Steven sticks comes in with a verse about blue collared men and after that im confused . least played song .

btw , i've been thinking about this A LOT gurls. i truly feel 13 beaches was written in the Honeymoon era. i hear it SO well in the album after religion. it fits the theme too of her feelings with fame during the era. Honestly , such a chilling song . especially after the "underneath the pines with the daisies part" . i feel like i could do anything to this song . I STAN 13 BEACHES .

the blue collar workers are people of the working class who do physical work.

The song paints a picture of a young girl in love set in past decades, that is why the first two verses are so descriptive then Stevie's part establishes the scene.

Basically, she has a lover who is too busy to give enough attention to her, this makes her angry and unhappy. So she is beautiful and is the kind of woman the guy wants but it's still not enough. So beautiful (virtuous) people still have problems, they still don't get what they want so why be good? This of course creates a parallel with Stevie (a singer of the past) and Lana (a singer of today), both of them facing the same problem but in differenct periods of time, it's about how even though a lot of time passed the same basic issues still exist between people. Beautiful people still have the same beautiful problems,. (Meaning, I am a great girl but my man neglects me. How annoying!)