Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

the blue collar workers are people of the working class who do physical work.

The song paints a picture of a young girl in love set in past decades, that is why the first two verses are so descriptive then Stevie's part establishes the scene.

Basically, she has a lover who is too busy to give enough attention to her, this makes her angry and unhappy. So she is beautiful and is the kind of woman the guy wants but it's still not enough. So beautiful (virtuous) people still have problems, they still don't get what they want so why be good? This of course creates a parallel with Stevie (a singer of the past) and Lana (a singer of today), both of them facing the same problem but in differenct periods of time, it's about how even though a lot of time passed the same basic issues still exist between people. Beautiful people still have the same beautiful problems,. (Meaning, I am a great girl but my man neglects me. How annoying!)

hot girls we have problems too, we're just like you, except we're hot ...

i76mrxw.png 

Tabulleh Loves You.

High By Beirut.

Million Dollar Mohammad.

Yallah For Life ft. Wassim.

Alah Deco.

Blue Jihad.

Sahara Sadness.

Burka Velvet.

Is This Hijab.

lmao, logged in just to like your comment! did you copy-paste it from somewhere?

Try to listen to summer bummer alt.version 50% slower..A song

alternative version is my favorite

what was the alternate version of summer bummer supposed to be for again ?

The song paints a picture of a young girl in love set in past decades, that is why the first two verses are so descriptive then Stevie's part establishes the scene.

Basically, she has a lover who is too busy to give enough attention to her, this makes her angry and unhappy. So she is beautiful and is the kind of woman the guy wants but it's still not enough. So beautiful (virtuous) people still have problems, they still don't get what they want so why be good? This of course creates a parallel with Stevie (a singer of the past) and Lana (a singer of today), both of them facing the same problem but in differenct periods of time, it's about how even though a lot of time passed the same basic issues still exist between people. Beautiful people still have the same beautiful problems,. (Meaning, I am a great girl but my man neglects me. How annoying!)

now that i have this in mind i will definately listen to it again and try to appreciate it more .

giphy.gif

i'm sorry, but the part about "blue" refers to lindsey buckingham: stevie co-wrote the song with lana (and nowels apparently), when stevie talks about blue things (blue eyes, blue collar, blue dick etc), she is talking about her ex - and she talks about him A LOT

lindsey is married (but we all know he already cheated his wife with stevie) - so yeah, it matches the song a lot lol

• fun fact: lindsey enjoys a lot to see stevie singing about him

bpbp was the easiest song to understand for me since i already know her lyrics, this song is very STEVIE NICKS.

~~

it's pathetic to see y'all criticizing it without even trying to like the song, bpbp is underrated af

alternative version is my favorite

what was the alternate version of summer bummer supposed to be for again ?

prob a demo, or radio version - if she considered to release it as a single (a promoted one) in the past, i deleted the album version of summer bummer and replaced with the youtube/alt one; it's so much better

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

i'm hoping for at least ONE more mv this era.  :defeated: also what happened to those bts pics of lana supposedly on the set of a mv? or was that for best american white mustang?

tumblr_n7a4cdzBFk1r65oxko1_500.gif

i'm hoping for at least ONE more mv this era.  :defeated: also what happened to those bts pics of lana supposedly on the set of a mv? or was that for best american white mustang?

We will get that video next era.

what happened to the video which she would do with a man ( she asked James Franco ) 

do you think that Lust for life demo was supossed to have the video ( cause Weeknd wasn't featured

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...