Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

ok but you just didn't hunny

vKWyHVX.gif

heroin is just a damn drug. like bitch a fruit doesn't do damage.

"shocking"??? Like??? a 2007 emo band can name all of their songs like that *

But cherry ughhhghh I mean, Amy Winehouse!!! A M Y!! has a song named like that it just sounds so sexy and dark idk and its just a damn FROOT!

except for The Velvet Underground ofc

Tbh that's why i put "shocking" in quotation marks, not sure that's the term I'm looking for. 

a lengthy featured film pertaining to (and only to) the creation of Lana's grammy winning Folk song: Coachella - Woodstock in My Mind?

graham is going to be so happy :flutter: 

-------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, back to the titles thing, Lust For Life is also a cool title track, and I think I like it better than Best American Record. Naming a record "Best American Record" takes Katy Perry's level of audacity tbh. 

As a common song title, yep, BAR is better than Architecture. 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Yosemite is the best goddamn title from ANY potential LfL song and every single one of u little fuckers know it

OwwpE.gif

2007 emo band? Ultraviolence had a band while recording songs.... 2007? Britney had a meltdown in 2007 and shaved her hair.... Wait... Hair? "And what about about all their crowns they wear, In hair so long like mine" Uhm, Do you work for Lana and are confirming a lengthy featured film pertaining to (and only to) the creation of Lana's grammy winning Folk song: Coachella - Woodstock in My Mind?

Woodstock? In MY mind? It's more Coachella than you think.

snatch me omg

???, ?????????

I'll be honest, I like how she sings "I feel young and in love" in concert and wish she sang that in the song. 

But that makes it super close to Young and Beautiful. Even moreso. lol

Singing that particular line that way will be her only option when she's older than 40 

I don't mind Love as a title but any artist could name a song that way, I mean, it doesn't sound very Lana (and I really like Lana-ish titles lol)

(back when it was called BAR rip)

I thought that was just a rumor

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

The fact that she didn't include Yosemite because it did end with a good feeling. tumblr_inline_oas8gvK2eg1t66yui_500.gif

WTWWAWWKD isn't even that dark :rip: I thought it was going to be a death ballad after reading that Flaunt interview

I imagined it as dark as MPG or Heroin, or maybe like a Change.

Also that Disney-like lyric; if we hold on to hoooope, we'll have a happy ending :rip: 

13 beaches, change and white mustang top 3 worst songs in history. Sorry I don't make the rules.

wzlXy.gif

listen here sweetie, you can VROOM VROOM your ass back home. 13 bitches is iconic and one of the BEST lana del rey songs EVER . 

giphy.gif

what other song titles do yall think would've fit LfL as we know it today? 

Daisy Chains, Yosemite, i think a song like Venice would fit the whole theme of the titles; maybe even a title involving "___" Coast- but not West etc.

or even something a little more playful like Reckless, or if she wanted to be cheeky and show maturity like 'Wreckless' idk if thats too ugly lets have fun !  :cuteface:

what other song titles do yall think would've fit LfL as we know it today? 

Daisy Chains, Yosemite, i think a song like Venice would fit the whole theme of the titles; maybe even a title involving "___" Coast- but not West etc.

or even something a little more playful like Reckless, or if she wanted to be cheeky and show maturity like 'Wreckless' idk if thats too ugly lets have fun !  :cuteface:

malibu. Roses Bloom for You, Young and In Love, YOSEMITE :xcry:

???, ?????????

I really want that blade runner version of LFL....i feel like it would be perfect to listen to on Halloween. Sorta like how Freak is kinda haunting...especially the live version

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: