Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Ok after hearing this album for close to a week now, the only gripe i can find is that im not sure having the first half of the album so front loaded with bigger tracks and the second half being more stripped back was such a good idea tracklist wise. I realize thats the point Lana was making, bringing two parts together that were different, but i think its what makes the album feel really long when you listen to it in one sitting because the first 10 tracks are so lively and more over produced, and then you have this big chunk of more restrained songs later on and it kinds drags your mood down for a long period of time.

Separating the album in two parts like that makes the disconnect feels even more obvious imo. This isn't a major issue, i can still hear the album in its original tracklisting, but i have found myself creating my own tracklist of the album where the back end of songs are a little more sprinkled around the first half. I've moved When The World Was At War, Beautilful People and Heroin out of the back end and mixed them into the first 10 tracks and it makes for a more even sounding delivery of different styles imo.

Also, as much as i love getting new music from her, i do think the album is just a little bit too long. There isn't one track that i actually hate or can't listen too, but something like White Mustang which is cute, just feels really pointless at barely over 2:30 long, why even bother using it? I like Coachella too, but maybe that could have been kept as the side project it was meant to be for the sake of length.

While i usually think deluxe albums are pointless [just make the deluxe the actual album!]......maybe having 3 or so of the tracks on LFL as bonus deluxe songs would have made the main part of the album feel a little less over long. Or maybe do another Paradise type release where you put left overs like BAR and Yosemite on an EP with a few other tracks from LFL.........i dunno.

Anyway, im really loving the album regardless, i just prefer to listen to the playlist i put together because it makes for a more even listening experience.

What did I miss??

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40714557

Other songs on the album had a more troubled gestation. Del Rey says the closing track, Get Free, originally had a different title, and much more personal lyrics.

"That song started out really revealing," she says. "I wanted to summarise my whole experience over the last six years; and then I realised, I don't want to reveal everything."

Once the initial version was "out of my system", she says, the recording was "deleted completely then started from scratch".

The lyrics became more vague and more hopeful; and the re-recorded version ends with Del Rey 

: "I want to move out of the black, into the blue".

"I think it would have been hard for me to do interviews if I'd said a couple of particular things that I was thinking of," she says of the original.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40714557

Anyone else see this? (Sorry if it's been posted already)

I guess it's a preview for the interview tomorrow. It seems interesting! She said Get Free started out more revealing and raw, so they scrapped the song altogether and rerecorded it. She also took a tour of BBC News...I love our curious and intellectual queen  :oprah:

WOKE QUEEN ONLY.

giphy.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_one

here's an outlet to listen if you aren't in the UK

on in abt 40 sumthin minutes

Does anyone else hear those horror sounds when ASAP starts rapping in Summer Bummer? I love it

Yes! I love it, and her creepy background vocal effect towards the middle/end. The piano even has an ominous feel.

That poor song gets so much slander but it's in my top 3. Same with groupie love, it's so cute I don't know how any lana fan could not like it!

LIZARD PEOPLE

Same with groupie love, it's so cute I don't know how any lana fan could not like it!

GL was almost too sweet, much like Lucky Ones; but her last verse, breathy vocals, and Rockies verse saved it from being LfL's Lucky Ones for me

Lana is leading battle against Trash Mill and Tyler for #1 on the Billboard 200 in the US, we just need to keep the streams and sales coming so that doesn't change. KEEP BUYING AND STREAMING WE WILL NOT SETTLE FOR #2

tenor.gif

LANABOARDS LISTENING PARTY TOMORROW? (today for some folks)

I want our girl to get another #1 so bad<3 

were these shows already known or is she dropping stuff like this last minute again

What did I miss??

BBC posted a small article as the preview for her interview. She revealed that the first version of Get Free was too revealing. It was (and still is) initially about these past 6 years but she felt uncomfortable revealing intimate details so she deleted the song and completely rerecorded it!

Omg she just said she's having a couple shows in California :defeated: it's probably only in la though. I'm not driving that far. And I'm broke as fuck. Horrible timing :defeated:

I need our girl to come to SF<3

BBC posted a small article as the preview for her interview. She revealed that the first version of Get Free was too revealing. It was (and still is) initially about these past 6 years but she felt uncomfortable revealing intimate details so she deleted the song and completely rerecorded it!

Wow I would do anything to hear that

SAME i live here too <3

LIZARD PEOPLE