Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I'm literally posting this in every thread but I'm just too damn shook.

In My Feelings about G-Eazy confirmed.

"Could it be that I fell for another loser"

"I could name names, but I won't do it..."

*Signals a 'G'*

http://instagram.com/p/BWy_dGvF-UW/

a6335f77ca1acf14492bf56b4d9bbb16.png

I'm listening to the title track in my bed rn and I'm tearing up because this album really holds its own compared to the rest of her discography. I had anxiety about this being her worst album, but I don't have to worry about that anymore. I'm so happy she produced another FANTASTIC album. I could say stuff like "it's better than UV" or "it's better than HM" but imo it's wrong to compare her albums like that. She released another fantastic body of work and it's time to get all of my life for the next few years!!! Long live Lana fucking Del Rey!!!! :gclap:

I didnt get to listen to it. Was Yosemite good?

She sang like 10 seconds acapella so hard to tell.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I'm listening to the title track in my bed rn and I'm tearing up because this album really holds its own compared to the rest of her discography. I had anxiety about this being her worst album, but I don't have to worry about that anymore. I'm so happy she produced another FANTASTIC album. I could say stuff like "it's better than UV" or "it's better than HM" but imo it's wrong to compare her albums like that. She released another fantastic body of work and it's time to get all of my life for the next few years!!! Long live Lana fucking Del Rey!!!! :gclap:

Long live her reign, long live our love

I didn't feel like staying up for two more hours and listen to the album last night and I still haven't listened to it yet (it's still morning here and I gotta go to summer research school soon), but hopefully the CD has arrived at home when I'm back with my family this evening! :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Girls I'm back and I'm cooler than ever. I got a warning point and couldn't reply since Tuesday. Lmao.

First of all: HAPPY RELEASE DAY! I can't believe we made it. Can you believe two months have flown by?

Second of all: LUST FOR LIFE IS SUCH A GOOD ALBUM, I was shaking when I first heard it.

Third of all: My favorite tracks would have to be Cherry, God Bless America, White Mustang, Get Free, Tomorrow Never Came, Groupie Love, In My Feelings, Lust For Life, 13 Beaches, Change, Summer Bummer and Love.

God Bless America gives me such stunning visuals in my head. Does anyone else think that the gunshots in GBA remind you of Paper Planes by M.I.A? It's THAT song.

Come for me all you want but I just wasn't feeling Heroin or When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing. I think I'll have to listen to them more to see if I still have the same feelings. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems is pretty but I don't think I can get into it just yet.

Lana really came thru with this album, and I think it's so cohesive. Very memorable lyrics and vocals. I would give this album an 8/10. It's like BTD meets Ultraviolence and they had a baby.

My preorder downloaded and I'm buying the physical copy tomorrow morning or when I get off work. Missed you girls and glad the wait is over. WE DID THAT

Girls I'm back and I'm cooler than ever. I got a warning point and couldn't reply since Tuesday. Lmao.

First of all: HAPPY RELEASE DAY! I can't believe we made it. Can you believe two months have flown by?

Second of all: LUST FOR LIFE IS SUCH A GOOD ALBUM, I was shaking when I first heard it.

Third of all: My favorite tracks would have to be Cherry, God Bless America, White Mustang, Get Free, Tomorrow Never Came, Groupie Love, Lust For Life, 13 Beaches, Change, Summer Bummer and Love.

God Bless America gives me such stunning visuals in my head. Does anyone else think that the gunshots in GBA remind you of Paper Planes by M.I.A? It's THAT song.

Come for me all you want but I just wasn't feeling Heroin or When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing. I think I'll have to listen to them more to see if I still have the same feelings. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems is pretty but I don't think I can get into it just yet.

Lana really came thru with this album, and I think it's so cohesive. Very memorable lyrics and vocals. I would give this album an 8/10. It's like BTD meets Ultraviolence and they had a baby.

My preorder downloaded and I'm buying the physical copy tomorrow morning or when I get off work. Missed you girls and glad the wait is over. WE DID THAT

YES OMFG i thought i was the only one who thought of paper planes immediately. 

OK SO JUST FINISHED THE ALBUM AND BITCH I DIDNT HEARD GET FREE AND CHANGE IN THE LEAK SO YEAH. 

I

M

B

A

L

D

???, ?????????

OK SO JUST FINISHED THE ALBUM AND BITCH I DIDNT HEARD GET FREE AND CHANGE IN THE LEAK SO YEAH. 

I

M

B

A

L

D

the second I heard Lizzy shine through I knew.. we all say every song is her magnum opus based off her and our favorites; but that song is everything.

it referenced her older songs (and two specific ones mentioned further in the post), 

it gave truth of a transformation- going from black to blue, albeit it's not all the way there; it's still change and progress (beats 1 radio interview & the recent one from yesterday and the previous song Change REALLY give insight to this song. Like she was telling us before it showed itself) :wowcry:

it showed Lizzy Grant high vocals while being VERY shangri-la and 60s sounding, and the fact it was the closing track really felt like she tried to encompass her beginnings with her studio album career while also showing the beginning sound of the album itself; it's a musical double entendre 

It truly stands in the hall with Ride and Video Games. In terms of Lana's most tried and true and iconic songs Video Games, Ride, and Get Free are genuinely her magnum opus' and we all need to understand that :oprah3:

also i forgot to mention, thanks @elle for lifting my comment restrictions a few hours early; love you b

im outta there ladddiiiieeeessss

tenor.gif