Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

AND THE SOUND OF IT WAS FRIIIIIGHTENIN

And you were getting a part of that

You're gonna hit me like lightning

Is Cherry about her being in love with someone that doesnt love her back????

Or is it thst shes so in love nothing else matters and everything else is turning to shit?

She sings a lot about his touch and lust ect but then shes singing about scenes on fire, ruined peaches, she keeps saying bitch ect

It's about us fans

She loves us to death, but we keep fucking her up ruining her peaches (by leaking her shit ) making her fall apart every time she releases a new record

And she doesn't stop and keep releasing new albums cause she loves us so much. 

That's the canon backstory in my mind 

nF70D0F.png

with the proportion of losers lana has ended up with in the past ten years she's eventually gonna just call up elon musk and have him build her a man 

SP9Rbpn.jpg

lmao staaaaahhhhpppppp.

i'm still stuck on heroin. especially since i live in Texas and we had one day and three nights of winter this year. i wonder if New Orleans gay bars has lfl on the jukebox yet. i'm heading out again in a week. last time i went, i just paid for all the records to play and it was a fun drunk.

I love in Get Free when Lana sings "like the heavy metal that you hear" because in the background you hear a heavy metal guitar riff for like 1 second. Such a classic touch. :bop:

wait isn't that in Heroin

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

lmao staaaaahhhhpppppp.

i'm still stuck on heroin. especially since i live in Texas and we had one day and three nights of winter this year. i wonder if New Orleans gay bars has lfl on the jukebox yet. i'm heading out again in a week. last time i went, i just paid for all the records to play and it was a fun drunk.

I could see gay bars having LFL but not Heroin 

You can't pop your bussy/pussy/Lana Del Russy... to Heroin  :smile3:

lmao staaaaahhhhpppppp.

but....it's New Orleans haha. You can't walk down the street without getting offered everything in Lana's medicine cabinet.

I could see gay bars having LFL but not Heroin 

You can't pop your bussy/pussy/Lana Del Russy... to Heroin  :smile3:

p.s. that's probably the number one strip club song right now.

wait isn't that in Heroin

Omg sis expose me :toofloppy:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Is there a lot of static in some of the songs or is it just my download? For example, I'm listening to Heroin now on my Beats headphones and there is so much static immediately when she starts singing. It's so distracting

Yeah it's both because of the mic she uses in those songs, they must be similar to the ones she used in Ultraviolence. Pretty sure the static means the noise gate on the monitor is very low and so other low frequencies in the studio such as vents, fans, breathing, just general noise / static gets picked up. On her more polished, poppy songs she sings with a noise gate (or a filter) which drowns out all the alternate sounds around her and eliminates static so the sound is more polished and clean. But I feel like on grittier songs like Heroin and Get Free, she wanted the sound to be more intimate and live so she kept the static because it makes it sound more vintage and down to earth.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.