Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

But it's just an EP.. I don't care for Blue Velvet, Burning Desire and neither for American. The Paradise Yayo version is also not as good as the AKA one. And then we are left with 4 good songs and the LPs offer that as well.

giphy.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

東京 hello. how r u doing ms lizzy gran t ??<?,,?

otherotherother

fMNUVtI.jpg

this is most def 60% of y'all (me included :creep: )

Does anyone have a somewhat good quality video of Lana talking about In My Feelings at the listening/release party? I could only find a shitty one

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Does anyone have a somewhat good quality video of Lana talking about In My Feelings at the listening/release party? I could only find a shitty one

i feel like they might all be shitty; the fans were inconsistently loud n Stella live'd it w/ shoddy quality

I had the craziest dream (after finally falling asleep at 3am last night) of the video for Groupie Love. This isn't my exact dream (obviously), but this is how I picture it as inspired by the dream.

It started with Lana sitting alone in her bedroom, decked out in posters and memorabilia of a famous rock star (it was Rocky, but he was dressed like an 80s rockstar. Sue me), with her watching Rocky on a big screen. Slowly, the scene panned out and the room seemed to be turning. It turns out that Lana's little bedroom was actually in a small spaceship casually flying through space. 

It then went to Lana sitting in a crowd in the very front, but wearing this 

12912530_1728233910767343_298499506_n.jp

Then the image of Rocky performing on stage shifted to one of Lana and her backup dancers on the same stage. Leading to the chorus, it panned upwards into space and to Lana and Rocky in glittery outfits floating in space and holding hands. 

The next part was Lana and Rocky sitting on an (obvious) space station in a not-so-teenaged girl bedroom with everything in slow motion and at low gravity with them both dancing and popping a bottle of champagne that sparkled like a galaxy, then shifting to Lana standing over Rocky pouring him a drink. 

Then it's just Lana standing at a large window staring down at Earth, with her face being serious and somewhat solemn. Then Rocky came over and put his arm around her and she turned to him and said into his chest "Isn't life wonderful?", then it showed a shot of them both standing against the window that showed a view of space/earth. 

Then, during "every time we hook up, I know what you're thinking of" it shows Lana leaning into Rocky while they both have their arms around each other, then touching heads and the screen BURSTS into a scene of them alternating between driving through space and running around a giant model of the galaxy that sparkled during the chorus. Basically, alternating scenes in this instance until the end... 

where you hear an alarm ringing in darkness and Lana wakes up and hits it and she's back in her usual bedroom, with the window showing an ordinary LA morning. 

Lana put a fan on the guestlist for her show in London. A real life angel :wowcry:

early live show tea, honey Lana is SERVING gracefulness and generosity 

I was singing the chorus of Heroin while drunk the other night and now I'm pretty sure all my friends think I'm a smackhead oops

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

Was hanging out with a few fellow Lana stan friends who don't use LB and I was so shocked they didn't know about BAR and Yosemite, made me appreciate all the nutty lil gays on this site a bit more 

I had the craziest dream (after finally falling asleep at 3am last night) of the video for Groupie Love. This isn't my exact dream (obviously), but this is how I picture it as inspired by the dream.

It started with Lana sitting alone in her bedroom, decked out in posters and memorabilia of a famous rock star (it was Rocky, but he was dressed like an 80s rockstar. Sue me), with her watching Rocky on a big screen. Slowly, the scene panned out and the room seemed to be turning. It turns out that Lana's little bedroom was actually in a small spaceship casually flying through space. 

It then went to Lana sitting in a crowd in the very front, but wearing this 

12912530_1728233910767343_298499506_n.jp

Then the image of Rocky performing on stage shifted to one of Lana and her backup dancers on the same stage. Leading to the chorus, it panned upwards into space and to Lana and Rocky in glittery outfits floating in space and holding hands. 

The next part was Lana and Rocky sitting on an (obvious) space station in a not-so-teenaged girl bedroom with everything in slow motion and at low gravity with them both dancing and popping a bottle of champagne that sparkled like a galaxy, then shifting to Lana standing over Rocky pouring him a drink. 

Then it's just Lana standing at a large window staring down at Earth, with her face being serious and somewhat solemn. Then Rocky came over and put his arm around her and she turned to him and said into his chest "Isn't life wonderful?", then it showed a shot of them both standing against the window that showed a view of space/earth. 

Then, during "every time we hook up, I know what you're thinking of" it shows Lana leaning into Rocky while they both have their arms around each other, then touching heads and the screen BURSTS into a scene of them alternating between driving through space and running around a giant model of the galaxy that sparkled during the chorus. Basically, alternating scenes in this instance until the end... 

where you hear an alarm ringing in darkness and Lana wakes up and hits it and she's back in her usual bedroom, with the window showing an ordinary LA morning.

If you don't write a book, I'm suing. :crossed:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm about to quit my job after working for just one day they're gonna be so mad at me :hdu:  wish me luck :icant:

I was hoping Lana would perform LFL with The Weeknd yesterday at Lolla, since he was there.

That would've been so good

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I really really love this album but I think I realized why it took more time to grow on me than HM and UV.

Those albums (and even BTD to an extent) feel more like they're made for a specific mood and moment, but LFL covers a ton of ground sonically and lyrically. Obviously it's good that LFL has a lot of variety but I think the cohesiveness definitely suffers because of it.

With UV and HM, I can always start at any point in the album and just listen through until the end, but LFL is sort of split into two or three sections with different themes and moods.