Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

when i first heard it- it was sooo jarring. I didn't know wtf was going on and it gave weird first impressions, I've warmed up to it but it's def not a part I anticipate to lipsync whenever the song comes on :delicious:

also in retrospect I guess that was the song mean to compete with with Cola in terms of high notes? :crossed: I thought we were getting another breakthrough vocal moment to make us gag and die but guess not

that's what i was wondering! I couldn't remember which song she mentioned that she sang in a high C and while the high vocals in the song are beautiful I was expecting like you a falsetto moment

smile.gif

Well, midweeks in the UK were released today and she is projected to debut at #2. It wouldn't be ilogical to think that she is doing this promotion in order to boost her sales there and try to compete for the number 1 spot.

This is similar to what Gaga did in the U.S. when she released Cheek to Cheek. If I remeber correctly, she was very close to Barbra Streisand's album and her team decided to sell signed copies in order to boost the sales.

I'm shook that she cares about sales. Or her team made her to do it.

giphy.gif

there's a shipping company that in Saudi Arabia gives you a fake UK/ US/ France/ Japan addresses so you can shop from these countries 

thats how i always buy her stuff because we do not even have a music store here lol

Hell yes I managed to buy one to with a shipping company (borderlinx) – so now the CD will cost me 14 € + 20 € borderlinx fee... but it's signed, that's priceless :)

Heroin alone ate Ultraviolence and then shit it out straight into the Hudson River where it now resides at the bottom waiting for a rescue.

No matter how strong LFL is, songs like WC, SOC or BB are still the best ones of her career. 

Heroin alone ate Ultraviolence and then shit it out straight into the Hudson River where it now resides at the bottom waiting for a rescue.

Heroin and Get Free ar better than MPG, FMWUTTT, TOW, G&R, FK, ITH and FS (God I hate writing songs in acronyms but I'm so damn lazy)

Edit: I put UV and LFL in the same spot as my favorites, so many things I went through with UV is hard to top tbh.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

No matter how strong LFL is, songs like WC, SOC or BB are still the best ones of her career. 

West Coast? really :brows3:

also you talking about Brooklyn Baby or Black Beauty

cause one is a semi-fact and the other isn nowhere near the truth

and yea they up there but Heroin, Cherry, and Get Free shot through the bar doors. BtD, PD, and UV was shook when it happened, we could not believe it but it happened hun

Heroin and Get Free ar better than MPG, FMWUTTT, TOW, G&R, FK, ITH and FS (God I hate writing songs in acronyms but I'm so damn lazy)

UV titles shortened are so goddamn ugly :wtf: I keep second guessing what the song is, Honeymoon can't relate 

UV titles shortened are so goddamn ugly :wtf: I keep second guessing what the song is, Honeymoon can't relate 

Sorry, I'm too lazy. But let's talk about how WTWWAWWKD beats every other song in acronym ugliness  :oic:

West Coast? really :brows3:

also you talking about Brooklyn Baby or Black Beauty

cause one is a semi-fact and the other isn nowhere near the truth

and yea they up there but Heroin, Cherry, and Get Free shot through the bar doors. BtD, PD, and UV was shook when it happened, we could not believe it but it happened hun

I was literally obsessed by West Coast. I used to play it every day for a few months and still got the rush every time I heard it. The same with SOC chorus. Nothing on LFL makes me feel that way but I still can appreaciate LFL as her  probably most complex record with the much needed change of her perspective. Though I dont think the whole record will be as timeless and replay-worthy as her last ones for me but I sense its the beginning of something great in the future. 

there's a shipping company that in Saudi Arabia gives you a fake UK/ US/ France/ Japan addresses so you can shop from these countries

thats how i always buy her stuff because we do not even have a music store here lol

Link???

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I was literally obsessed by West Coast. I used to play it every day for a few months and still got the rush every time I heard it. The same with SOC chorus. Nothing on LFL makes me feel that way but I still can appreaciate LFL as her  probably most complex record with the much needed change of her perspective. Though I dont think the whole record will be as timeless and replay-worthy as her last ones for me but I sense its the beginning of something great in the future. 

I remember the day UV  was released. I wasn't a hardcore stan like now so I didn't listen to the singles besides WC until the release day. I was bored by UV (the song) and Cruel World (I'll fully write it since that song deserves to be written in full) but blown away by Shades Of Cool (another that deserves the best), and directly skipped to Black Beauty since I loved the leaked demo (I wasn't impressed though). It fully grew on me and became my favorite album in weeks lol. 

The same happened with Love, when I listened to the leak at 5 in the morning I was scalped right there. The singles grew on me almost instantly (but I think that's because I was so thirsty for new music lol).