Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Stop spamming this thread with your shitty opinions you fucking 16 yo imbeciles.

"Lana's magic is gone!!"---> Literally what this shitty fandom consisting of tasteless melodramatic gays have been saying since the start of the UV era. Aren't you tired of being so damn repetitive, pessimistic and dramatic? Go fucking away you'll never be pleased by anything she does.

BornToDieAlbumCover.png

Paradise_EP.png

UltraviolenceLDR.png

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Honeymoon_%28Official_Alb

-Lust-For-Life-album-cover-lana-del-rey-

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Okay I'm going to get attacked for this but... is anyone else not feeling Get Free? It's the only song I can't get into besides Coachella  :crossed: I love the verses and the prechorus is OK but that damn chorus ruins the song for me. The lyrics in the chorus are kind of tacky and the production is boring. Also, the song really goes nowhere. When the middle 8/bridge is supposed to come and take the song off, it just ends with ocean sounds instead. I love every track off of LFL but this one is just bad in my opinion 

Okay I'm going to get attacked for this but... is anyone else not feeling Get Free? It's the only song I can't get into besides Coachella  :crossed: I love the verses and the prechorus is OK but that damn chorus ruins the song for me. The lyrics in the chorus are kind of tacky and the production is boring. Also, the song really goes nowhere. When the middle 8/bridge is supposed to come and take the song off, it just ends with ocean sounds instead. I love every track off of LFL but this one is just bad in my opinion 

I don't really see how the lyrics in the chorus are tacky tbh... elaborate?

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Okay I'm going to get attacked for this but... is anyone else not feeling Get Free? It's the only song I can't get into besides Coachella :crossed: I love the verses and the prechorus is OK but that damn chorus ruins the song for me. The lyrics in the chorus are kind of tacky and the production is boring. Also, the song really goes nowhere. When the middle 8/bridge is supposed to come and take the song off, it just ends with ocean sounds instead. I love every track off of LFL but this one is just bad in my opinion

This is exactly how I feel.

Everything works for me except the chorus of the song. There's just something about the melody and the beat that I don't care for.

Everything works for me except the chorus of the song. There's just something about the melody and the beat that I don't care for.

This x 100

I don't really see how the lyrics in the chorus are tacky tbh... elaborate?

I think it's nice when an artist references old stuff of theirs, but it didn't work here, especially with the melody. Also, Lana recycles lyrics a lot, mostly in an artistic way that doesn't sound tacky (black beaches, blue, party dress, pale moonlight, etc.) but this one sounded a little off to me. It's hard to describe, I'm just not a fan! 

I feel exactly the opposite of this :lmao: there's something about the chorus that I can't get enough of especially with her added Lizzy vocals

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I feel exactly the opposite of this :lmao: there's something about the chorus that I can't get enough of especially with her added Lizzy vocals

I'm like the only stan that doesn't obsess over her Lizzy Grant material so I think that's why I don't love it as much as everyone else ;(

Wait I remember what bothered me about the chorus the first time I heard it, the intro and the pre chorus have a certain "darker" atmosphere and then the chorus was suddenly a lighter atmosphere, I think. Maybe it could be a reason? But maybe that's intentional, like the theme is getting from dark to blue lol. But now I love it, specially because the last 5 months I've been wanting to get out of my negativity (that's why I was so happy about a happier album).

Anyway, we all like different things.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I'm like the only stan that doesn't obsess over her Lizzy Grant material so I think that's why I don't love it as much as everyone else ;(

I don't like obsess over Lizzy grant material either but I love the way they contrast her main vocals on the chorus get free and then she throws in a ride reference too so it becomes an emotional throwback for me...

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Wait I remember what bothered me about the chorus the first time I heard it, the intro and the pre chorus have a certain "darker" atmosphere and then the chorus was suddenly a lighter atmosphere, I think. Maybe it could be a reason? But maybe that's intentional, like the theme is getting from dark to blue lol. But now I love it, specially because the last 5 months I've been wanting to get out of my negativity (that's why I was so happy about a happier album).

Anyway, we all like different things.

True  :kiss3:

I don't like obsess over Lizzy grant material either but I love the way they contrast her main vocals on the chorus get free and then she throws in a ride reference too so it becomes an emotional throwback for me...

For some reason the "emotional throwback" for me (on this record) is Heroin?? I know it doesn't make much sense but that song really stands out to me because it's the darkest track on the record and it reminds me of a production/lyrical combination of Cruel World and The Blackest Day, both of which are among my top 10 favorite Lana songs. So like the fact that the production/lyrics are relatively different from the rest of the record and reminiscent of older heavy & dark tracks makes it kind of like a subtle throwback for me

a fucking disney album is higher than Tylers' :aw: 

LaNa i'M CoMiNg FoR YoUuUu!11! #flopsandfloppers OuT NoW

At least that #1 is not being snatched by a kids soundtrack album or whatever the hell that is on 4th place (it was on 2nd a couple hours ago)

White lies and black beaches

Meek Mill thinks that he is

Going number one by the end of the week

But I think he's crazy to even think it

Baby I need this

A good laugh and black beachesssss

wwyd if you woke up tomorrow morning and on the front page of the bbc these picture appeared and the headlines were like "Lost Hidden Paintings Found in the Rubble of Ancient Roman Cathedral" i just downloaded a fun photoshop pack leave me be

AVIzpUQ.pngFmkfKD2.png

I miss the Pre Lust for Life days :( Can we please take a moment of silence to apprieciate this legendary gif because it probably won't be seen for a long time now...

200.gif200.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e