Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

God knows I tried says hi  :hooker:

I love both tracks tho  :party:

I meant of all her title tracks, LFL is the most repetitive! It at least feels that way to me..

I won't even try to count how many times they sing "take off take off take off all your clothes." :rip: 

14417469274.gif

I just can't get into Heroin at all, idk what's wrong with me. I find it so boring :toofunny:

gurl w/ all these bad opinions why even come off hiatus in the first place 

tenor.gif

im jk if u couldn't tell.. not abt the bad opinions tho :hooker:

I think Heroin just needs a better production imo. It needs heavier guitars, louder instruments and more of a beat when the chorus starts. Imagine if it had this huge rock ish production on the chorus, like drums and guitars etc etc, it would be so much better. It's too soft i think. Where's Dan when u need him?

Dan on this song would be so heavenly... but I still love the song. I want her to do more songs with that vibe

I want Lana and Stevie to sing BPBP live together so badly, imagine how powerful that would be

Dressed like witches on stage and harmonizing... omg

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

gurl w/ all these bad opinions why even come off hiatus in the first place 

tenor.gif

im jk if u couldn't tell.. not abt the bad opinions tho :hooker:

what is hiatus? at first i thought it was a typo  :thumb2:

Dan on this song would be so heavenly... but I still love the song. I want her to do more songs with that vibe

Dressed like witches on stage and harmonizing... omg

Yeah i do like the vibe of the song, Untouchable 5 teas

I'm not gonna listen to the album for 3 days otherwise if i keep playing it i'm gonna grow sick of it. It's the kind of record that requires adjustment and get's better with time and i don't wanna be tired of it just yet so ima step baaaack for a while :creep: 

where's UV and HM <3

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

what is hiatus? at first i thought it was a typo  :thumb2:

hi·a·tus
hīˈādəs/
noun

1. a pause or gap in a sequence, series, or process.
    "there was a brief hiatus in the war with France"
    synonyms: pausebreakgaplacunaintervalintermissioninterludeinterruptionsuspensionlullrespitetime outtime offrecessMore

• PROSODYGRAMMAR

:brows3:  :brows3: rly.

Somebody print off all the pages of the Pre-release thread from pages 1831 to the end, and make a book out of it for me... i'm too lazy to read it all and i'm sad that i missed so much of it. I'll even pay you sweeties :creepna2: 

hi·a·tus
hīˈādəs/
noun

1. a pause or gap in a sequence, series, or process.
    "there was a brief hiatus in the war with France"
    synonyms: pausebreakgaplacunaintervalintermission, interludeinterruptionsuspensionlullrespitetime outtime offrecessMore

• PROSODYGRAMMAR

:brows3:  :brows3: rly.

call me burnt

I think Heroin is definitely one of those songs where you have to listen to it more than a few times to really appreciate it all. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me a lot.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

call me burnt

you needed Norton to finish the joke :uh:

meow

tenor.gif

After listening to the album more than 25 times, I can finally put it in proper perspective in the context of her discography.

Paradise > Born To Die > Ultraviolence > Honeymoon > Lust For Life > AKA > From The End/Young Like Me

All the albums are wonderful and I love them all, but the amazing A-E-S-T-H-E-T-I-C she was serving at the start of her carreer is definitely gone.(Where are the allusions to wasted youth, honoring lost love and pale moonlight????? ) And that was kind of the best thing about her. We are left with amazing music anyway, it's just not as touching as TIWMUG or Radio or American and Gods and Monsters was.

I think Heroin just needs a better production imo. It needs heavier guitars, louder instruments and more of a beat when the chorus starts. Imagine if it had this huge rock ish production on the chorus, like drums and guitars etc etc, it would be so much better. It's too soft i think. Where's Dan when u need him?

Ugh just by imagining a rock version of Heroin my wig burns  :defeated: Still my favorite from Lust For Life, idk, it soothes me if I'm angry (I've been moody since yesterday lol).

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

When I heard the album for the first few times I felt like I've heard so many songs before or that the melodies were way too familiar (Groupie Love ->Starry Eyed/MPG, Get Free -> Back to Tha Basics; WTWWAW-> Cruel World etc etc)
I'm not saying that's a bad thing it was just weird and unusual. A lot of people have already pointed out similiarities to unreleased songs and even in her lyrics she references her previous discography ("war in my mind", "video games").
I wonder if that was intentional and what it could be interpreted as

After listening to the album more than 25 times, I can finally put it in proper perspective in the context of her discography.

Paradise > Born To Die > Ultraviolence > Honeymoon > Lust For Life > AKA > From The End/Young Like Me

All the albums are wonderful and I love them all, but the amazing A-E-S-T-H-E-T-I-C she was serving at the start of her career is definitely gone.(Where are the allusions to wasted youth, honoring lost love and pale moonlight????? ) And that was kind of the best thing about her. We are left with amazing music anyway, it's just not as touching as TIWMUG or Radio or American and Gods and Monsters was.

I wholeheartedly agree, I love Lana and LfL but the charm I fell in love with is gone, it's ok as long as she produces quality material, but it's something to note; it's prob a mixture of her maturing, aswell as her vintage newage aesthetic got ruined when she was ripped apart by critics. 

She said she loved it and was extremely excited for her career w/ btd and persona & we didn't really see much REALLY sad stuff until UV, which was inspired mostly by the critics and Barrie iirc

As much as I would love the 50/60s style dresses and public fashion, persona, and music I don't think it'll be back in playful force like it was in BtD :lanasrs2:

Is it too soon for a LDR6 Pre Pre-release thread? I want a dark, twisted, horror record. That scary, cinematic instrumental snippet with the tiger from an Instagram account sounded better than a lot of the LFL tracks, idek if it was Lana but... it got me so hyped. She should go back to making "mood music"... as it turned out best for her

Is it too soon for a LDR6 Pre Pre-release thread? I want a dark, twisted, horror record. That scary, cinematic instrumental snippet with the tiger from an Instagram account sounded better than a lot of the LFL tracks, idek if it was Lana but... it got me so hyped. She should go back to making "mood music"... as it turned out best for her

That tiger snippet was everything. I really wanna make a LDR6 thread :excited:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

All the albums are wonderful and I love them all, but the amazing A-E-S-T-H-E-T-I-C she was serving at the start of her carreer is definitely gone.(Where are the allusions to wasted youth, honoring lost love and pale moonlight????? ) And that was kind of the best thing about her. We are left with amazing music anyway, it's just not as touching as TIWMUG or Radio or American and Gods and Monsters was.

The woman made 7-11 sound glamorous, what happened? :hooker: On a serious note I don't agree with your ranking but I truly wish she would start writing less abstract again and get back to painting pictures with her lyrics. The fact that she's talking about Lana Del Rey as a persona, art project or simply third person these last couple of interviews makes it seem like she moved on from being a "storyteller" (I think that's what she used to call herself). At the end of the day you're right though, the music is still amazing and I appreciate and love L4L a lot.