Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Lust for Life is a more upbeat and fun album but i still kinda prefer UV and HM. They both have certain songs that give me chills. I haven't really gotten that feeling as much from LFL. It has got a lot of fantastic songs i'll admit that, but as a whole i wouldn't say it's my favorite. I think the collabs ruined it for me. I like the songs but i don't like other people interfeering in her work. I really enjoy it most when it's just her singing alone.

I do think TNC and BPBP are good tracks, but they don't feel like Lana Del Rey songs at all. I hear too much Fleetwood Mac and The Beatles in them. And i find it annoying. The only collab i think worked was Lust for Life with The Weeknd. Even the ASAP ones i didn't mind (even though i dislike rap a lot) i thought they were harmless tracks. Summer Bummer is great. This is probably an unpopular opinion but i like it more than BPBP and TNC :creepna2:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

https://twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/889024084914434049

Okay but why is he always saying rude things about her? I get not liking her music, but he loves tearing her apart over little things. I just don't get why. I already know he is probably going to give Lust For Life a low rating, even though she is going in another direction lyrically in most of the songs, and that's the main thing he has criticized her about in the past. She can't really win. It seems like he enjoyed Honeymoon for the most part in his review, but then he gives it a low ass 5/6? So Honeymoon is equal to Witness by Katy Perry? Alright... lol

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Okay but why is he always saying rude things about her? I get not liking her music, but he loves tearing her apart over little things. I just don't get why. I already know he is probably going to give Lust For Life a low rating, even though she is going in another direction lyrically in most of the songs, and that's the main thing he has criticized her about in the past. She can't really win. It seems like he enjoyed Honeymoon for the most part in his review, but then he gives it a low ass 5/6? So Honeymoon is equal to Witness by Katy Perry? Alright... lol

fat q tip can choke and rot

why are you even posting about that fat mole rat looking ugly fuck here?

from my memory, Witness was rated higher than Honeymoon, Ultraviolence and Born To Die.

:lmao:

WAIT so Lana is singing "girls don't forget your curls and all of your horses"?

How many horses does the average girl have? Do I need to step my game up? Is Lana a crazy horse girl?

equestrian b**ch only. basic girls can't relate  :hooker:

giphy.gif

I hate this piece of trash. It seems like he has some weird agenda against Lana. Like how could anyone in their right mind give Ultraviolence a 2 and Witness a 6. That's just objectively wrong.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I hate this piece of trash. It seems like he has some weird agenda against Lana. Like how could anyone in their right mind give Ultraviolence a 2 and Witness a 6. That's just objectively wrong.

I agree. He always has a large level of skepticism with her work. Like did she snub him at a party or something

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Lust for Life is a more upbeat and fun album but i still kinda prefer UV and HM. They both have certain songs that give me chills. I haven't really gotten that feeling as much from LFL. It has got a lot of fantastic songs i'll admit that, but as a whole i wouldn't say it's my favorite. I think the collabs ruined it for me. I like the songs but i don't like other people interfeering in her work. I really enjoy it most when it's just her singing alone.

I do think TNC and BPBP are good tracks, but they don't feel like Lana Del Rey songs at all. I hear too much Fleetwood Mac and The Beatles in them. And i find it annoying. The only collab i think worked was Lust for Life with The Weeknd. Even the ASAP ones i didn't mind (even though i dislike rap a lot) i thought they were harmless tracks. Summer Bummer is great. This is probably an unpopular opinion but i like it more than BPBP and TNC :creepna2:

BPBP and TNC are perfect but it is true that they don't have lana del rey in it ..but I think she wrote both of them

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I just can't get into Heroin at all, idk what's wrong with me. I find it so boring :toofunny:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It's not a bad body of work, but I do think LFL is my least favorite Lana album.. at least aesthetically??? Sonically?? Thematically?  :smokes4:

Idk, I can't help but cringe at Coachella & immediately skip it every time it plays. The title track is probably the most repetitive one she's made yet, & Abel adds little-to-nothing in my opinion.. 13 Beaches is cute & a solid song, but it kinda reminds me of Honeymoon (album) y'know? WTWWAWWKD is pretty meh as well. & As much as I love a good ballad, Heroin is the only song of the final 3 that really grabbed my attention.  :poordat:  Change bored me & I don't like the way she shouts "INTO THE BLUUEEEEEE" extremely loud in the mix of Get Free. I've always loved OG hip-hop Lana & folk Lana even more, but it's just a weird combination overall on LFL and I think it could've been done with just a little more polish?  :rip:

I'm sure I'll get dragged since my favorites always seem to be considered the worst of each album  :crai:  but so far;

White Mustang 

Groupie Love

Summer Bummer

God Bless America

Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems

14417469274.gif