Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Is it too soon for a LDR6 Pre Pre-release thread? I want a dark, twisted, horror record. That scary, cinematic instrumental snippet with the tiger from an Instagram account sounded better than a lot of the LFL tracks, idek if it was Lana but... it got me so hyped. She should go back to making "mood music"... as it turned out best for her

I'm so delusional that I'm still hoping for an EP with Architecture, Yosemite, RBFY and Wild One or whatever song she scrapped that we don't really know it's name. But those songs are not a reflection of how she's feeling now as we all know so maybe it's best for me to conform with the Architecture demo and hope for a heavy-guitar filled album  :creep:

That tiger snippet was everything. I really wanna make a LDR6 thread :excited:

Btw which tiger snippet?

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Is it too soon for a LDR6 Pre Pre-release thread? I want a dark, twisted, horror record. That scary, cinematic instrumental snippet with the tiger from an Instagram account sounded better than a lot of the LFL tracks, idek if it was Lana but... it got me so hyped. She should go back to making "mood music"... as it turned out best for her

I think we  can start the next thread when she officially gives at least a tangible hint that she is working on the next one. I know there was that one throw-away line in the pitchfork interview but something more than that.

Sameee. I got sad because she didn't keep the horror strings from SR in 13 Beaches but it still fucking slays :dance:

I wholeheartedly agree, I love Lana and LfL but the charm I fell in love with is gone, it's ok as long as she produces quality material, but it's something to note; it's prob a mixture of her maturing, aswell as her vintage newage aesthetic got ruined when she was ripped apart by critics. 

:lanasrs2:

That puts it so perfectly.

I think it's understandable if she wants to do something different and try new things, I just wish she did a better job of it.

I'm so delusional that I'm still hoping for an EP with Architecture, Yosemite, RBFY and Wild One or whatever song she scrapped that we don't really know it's name. But those songs are not a reflection of how she's feeling now as we all know so maybe it's best for me to conform with the Architecture demo and hope for a heavy-guitar filled album :creep:

Btw which tiger snippet?

I tried to find the snippet but it was on China.Palaces old insta acc that got taken down, but it was this amazing orchestral snipppet that sounded horror-like.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm so delusional that I'm still hoping for an EP with Architecture, Yosemite, RBFY and Wild One or whatever song she scrapped that we don't really know it's name. But those songs are not a reflection of how she's feeling now as we all know so maybe it's best for me to conform with the Architecture demo and hope for a heavy-guitar filled album  :creep:

Btw which tiger snippet?

You have to keep in mind that once she promised a radio host in an interview that she would post a picture of her hulla-hoop collection on instagram because apparently she has a lot, and she didn't even do that. (and that is something super easy) I don't think we should expect anything from her on this front. At the album release party she did say Yosemite needs a home, I would love it if she managed to get it to be the soundtrack song of some movie so she can at least release that one in some way.

It's looking like she should be #1 on Billboard. She's pretty far ahead in sales and doing well on Spotify. Meek Mill is doing much better on Apple Music, but it shouldn't matter too much. She just needs to hold steady this week

You have to keep in mind that once she promised a radio host in an interview that she would post a picture of her hulla-hoop collection on instagram because apparently she has a lot, and she didn't even do that. (and that is something super easy) I don't think we should expect anything from her on this front. At the album release party she did say Yosemite needs a home, I would love it if she managed to get it to be the soundtrack song of some movie so she can at least release that one in some way.

I just hope she doesn't sell the song to another artist, that would be terrible   :deadbanana: I'd be on board with the soundtrack thing as long as it's not "Life is Beautiful" all over again. But if it really was her favorite song (along with Heroin) from LFL, then I'd say we'll get to hear it. She could release as a stand alone single when she's happier or something like that.

I tried to find the snippet but it was on China.Palaces old insta acc that got taken down, but it was this amazing orchestral snipppet that sounded horror-like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2eKeCUFuYc I came across this one once, apparently from the Lizzy days but if a song with that kind of instrumental was included in some future release I'd be scalped

I don't think all of Lana's magic is gone. There are some great lyrics on the new record?

I think the mystery she used to have is kinda gone..maybe cause we are stans and know what she does all the time

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I prefer Lana with a vintage aesthetic. She captured it SO well for Ultraviolence. It fit the music perfectly and it was just so visually beautiful. These are some of my favourite pictures of Lana ever.

2dd884ba9f6ff3b2c86b35916a1e6e41.jpg

Sin+t%C3%ADtulo.png

tumblr_nco9bjC9Vy1toxnjuo1_500.jpg

2014072953d78379e2c4d.png

^^^ This is something Lust for Life is really lacking. I respect whatever she wants to do, but i'm not loving this modern style she's got going on. I want this vintage stuff back. I loved how she could just take a simple location or idea and turn it into a work of art. I don't like the hip hop or trap beats in this era. I want the rawness of UV back, the angry raspy electric guitars and hypnotic dream-like vocals. Compare Shades of Cool to Coachella and it's quite upsetting. Not just because Coachella is such a bad song... but because it's so basic and lacking in production. Practically all the songs from LFL have a basic production, yeah i do like some of them but there's no denying that. I love the record and i'm trying my hardest not to shit all over everyones excitement, but just needed to get some things off my chest.

Rant over :D

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

A pre-pre release thread seems plausible until she hints the next record's sound or aesthetic (or anything really) at least 2 or 3 times, imo. Idk how that kind of thing works, LFL was my first release here.

I just hope she doesn't sell the song to another artist, that would be terrible   :deadbanana: I'd be on board with the soundtrack thing as long as it's not "Life is Beautiful" all over again. But if it really was her favorite song (along with Heroin) from LFL, then I'd say we'll get to hear it. She could release as a stand alone single when she's happier or something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2eKeCUFuYc I came across this one once, apparently from the Lizzy days but if a song with that kind of instrumental was included in some future release I'd be scalped

Omg just a few minutes ago I was trying to find this exact snippet! I'm not sure if it's Lizzy Grant..sounds like some kind of warm up sessions during the recording of UV

I love, love, love Lust for Life and I don't mind the way she presents herself in public nowadays because tbh she dresses like me (hey, I'm hardly going to wear my big pumps in the lab) BUT I honestly do miss the glamorous, otherworldly persona. The music is still solid, and still sort of embodies this at times, but I just... god, the amount of escapism I did through her older music. She just embodied this fantastical being that transcending everything for me before. I mean, look at this. Not a single human on earth could ever pull this off the way she did

Lana_Del_Rey_Versace.jpg

tumblr_mk165swiBc1rdpjfqo1_500.png

Anyway, I'll always love her and encourage her to do whatever makes her happy, but until then

BvZ14drCcAEFHhr.jpg

I prefer Lana with a vintage aesthetic. She captured it SO well for Ultraviolence. It fit the music perfectly and it was just so visually beautiful. These are some of my favourite pictures of Lana ever.

2dd884ba9f6ff3b2c86b35916a1e6e41.jpg

Sin+t%C3%ADtulo.png

tumblr_nco9bjC9Vy1toxnjuo1_500.jpg

2014072953d78379e2c4d.png

^^^ This is something Lust for Life is really lacking. I respect whatever she wants to do, but i'm not loving this modern style she's got going on. I want this vintage stuff back. I loved how she could just take a simple location or idea and turn it into a work of art. I don't like the hip hop or trap beats in this era. I want the rawness of UV back, the angry raspy electric guitars and hypnotic dream-like vocals. Compare Shades of Cool to Coachella and it's quite upsetting. Not just because Coachella is such a bad song... but because it's so basic and lacking in production. Practically all the songs from LFL have a basic production, yeah i do like some of them but there's no denying that. I love the record and i'm trying my hardest not to shit all over everyones excitement, but just needed to get some things off my chest.

Rant over :D

PREACH. that look is so incredibly beautiful, one of my all time favorite aesthetics. :oprah:

I love, love, love Lust for Life and I don't mind the way she presents herself in public nowadays because tbh she dresses like me (hey, I'm hardly going to wear my big pumps in the lab) BUT I honestly do miss the glamorous, otherworldly persona. The music is still solid, and still sort of embodies this at times, but I just... god, the amount of escapism I did through her older music. She just embodied this fantastical being that transcending everything for me before. I mean, look at this. Not a single human on earth could ever pull this off the way she did

Lana2BDel2BRey2B20142BBreakthrough2BPriz

Lana_Del_Rey_Versace.jpg

tumblr_mk165swiBc1rdpjfqo1_500.png

Anyway, I'll always love her and encourage her to do whatever makes her happy, but until then

BvZ14drCcAEFHhr.jpg

This it true..no one could make it like her..she has the something..

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Apparently she performed RIDE at Lolla in Paris and said "I STILL got a war on my mind"

and to me I think this record was here to spice things up/ mix it up

I believe she wanted to be in a different place but things happen in life.

and I truly hope she gets inspiration to be more creative with the next record... a similar place to Paradise/UV... idk what her life was like when she wrote that but this album is great but it just doesn't entice me like UV or Paradise idk maybe with more listens ill change my mind but 

I guess even this era's photoshoots haven't been t h a t retro either, in UV we had her entire theme, black grungy and leather; BtD was full of doowop and colorful and classic looking photos

the most 'vintage' photos we have is from Flaunt. that's it. and it's not even 100% real scenes :crossed: