Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Girlies can we just acknowledge how LFL is Lana's most critically acclaimed album (despite our assumptions) and is still selling extremely well in the US and has been #1 ever since it's release two days ago (despite our assumptions) and she is doing very well with streaming too (despite our assumptions).

Lana delivered with this album. There's something for everyone. The masses can see its appeal and so can her die-hard fans. Very smart sonic move on her part.

ALSOOOO I can't believe so many of you think Lana won't be getting that US #1 debut? The fuck?! She's outselling everyone else digitally right now, her streams are exceeding Meek Mill's by a lot and this is without promo. She will be #1 bookmark me.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Cherry is great for that.  :oopna:  :oopna:  :oopna:  :brows:

basic :hooker:

real lovers get rough to Love & Heroin

Girlies can we just acknowledge how LFL is Lana's most critically acclaimed album (despite our assumptions) and is still selling extremely well in the US and has been #1 ever since it's release two days ago (despite our assumptions) and she is doing very well with streaming too (despite our assumptions).

Lana delivered with this album. There's something for everyone. The masses can see its appeal and so can her die-hard fans. Very smart sonic move on her part.

ALSOOOO I can't believe so many of you think Lana won't be getting that US #1 debut? The fuck?! She's outselling everyone else digitally right now, her streams are exceeding Meek Mill's by a lot and this is without promo. She will be #1 bookmark me.

I don't think anybody assumed this wouldn't be her most critically acclaimed record, ESPECIALLY after some critics enjoyed CWIMM. nobody thought it wouldn't sell, and we all know she's always been good with streams. Idk bout your assumptions but I aint the 'u' in our. next

also it isn't much a reach to say she'll hit #1, she would've done it last time if not for Drake & Future; Tyler's a nonfactor and Meek would've been up in the air if he was actually good, I don't like bookmarking safe assumptions- throw some curveball shit out there so I can praise you down the line

I don't think anybody assumed this wouldn't be her most critically acclaimed record, ESPECIALLY after some critics enjoyed CWIMM. nobody thought it wouldn't sell, and we all know she's always been good with streams. Idk bout your assumptions but I aint the 'u' in our. next

also it isn't much a reach to say she'll hit #1, she would've done it last time if not for Drake & Future; Tyler's a nonfactor and Meek would've been up in the air if he was actually good, I don't like bookmarking safe assumptions- throw some curveball shit out there so I can praise you down the line

:gclap: :gclap: Never said you were the "u in our". I said "so many of you" not "all of you"?? It was an apparent (maybe "unfair") generalization, sorry if it felt like a personal attack lmao. I clearly wasn't referring to every single user on LB, but at least a good chunk, myself included. In the meta critic thread, almost everyone was saying the album would get a solid 70-75 score, myself included, because we thought they'd rat on the album for being incohesive and too long and anytime a polarizing, controversial artist like Lana chooses to take on a more sensitive and political narrative, it's a risk. I read at least 10 posts in the past few pages of people saying Meek Mill or Jay-Z (with the help of TIDAL's skewed numbers) will likely snatch the #1 or that it is hard to believe that "she may end up with a US #1 afterall" so, k, don't bookmark me if you don't want to, couldn't care less sweaty. :bop: I guess I'm glad someone else considers the #1 a safe bet.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

It was totally clever move..She has told that this is for her fans ..btd stans hm stans even uv stans I think they can find something in this album

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

The title track is the worst song on the album and I honestly like Coachella a lot more. I think Coachella would be generally well received by fans if she hadn't released it as a single.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

:gclap: :gclap: Never said you were the "u in our". I said "so many of you" not "all of you"?? It was an apparent (maybe "unfair") generalization, sorry if it felt like a personal attack lmao. I clearly wasn't referring to every single user on LB, but at least a good chunk, myself included. In the meta critic thread, almost everyone was saying the album would get a solid 70-75 score, myself included, because we thought they'd rat on the album for being incohesive and too long and anytime a polarizing, controversial artist like Lana chooses to take on a more sensitive and political narrative, it's a risk. I read at least 10 posts in the past few pages of people saying Meek Mill or Jay-Z (with the help of TIDAL's skewed numbers) will likely snatch the #1 or that it is hard to believe that "she may end up with a US #1 afterall" so, k, don't bookmark me if you don't want to, couldn't care less sweaty. :bop: I guess I'm glad someone else considers the #1 a safe bet.

go awf momma

people complaining about her lyrics now because every song isnt about her in a bathing suit by a pool with a 90 year old corpse throwing money over her

my god people get a GRIP

Yes...that is the only reason.

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I like how in Get Free she kind of has a collaboration with her old self. She says out of the black in her Lana vocals, but then repeats it again with her Lizzy vocals. It's as though she's confronting her dark lizzy grant past and moving on, bringing her old self along with the movement towards finding happiness. Quite fascinating. Every time i hear those strong Lizzy vocals in the song i just picture her old interview at the trailer park... and how far that girl has come since those days. :xcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I mean her lyrics will never be "technically" perfect or whatevr but they definitely feel much more genuine and raw on this album

I honestly think this era is her second darkest one overall. The fact that's masked as a happy time for Lana when she's admitted she's not actually "happy" but confused or whatever makes it even darker. And Heroin is her darkest sing ever

@@Terrence Loves Me welcome back hun

thank you, glad to be back :kiss: :kiss:

when you welcome back someone from hiatus and they disregard it but say thank you to some1 else who did the same thing after you

tumblr_m5p1uvWU0c1qi7ul8o1_400.gif?quali

omg sis i'm so sorry, i hadn't read the thread properly and i didn't get notified when you @ me. I wasn't ignoring you i promise xx :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I thought Groupie Love would end up a nice filler but it's such a sexy bop that I've kept it on repeat. Queen of surpassing expectations.

This album is deff a step forward where HM stalled a little. It's diverse, it has new lyrical and musical aspects, she's trying features out (both classic rock and modern rap/RnB). I'm so proud to stan for this beautiful person (with beautiful problems). I feel so happy I've gotten to see her develop as an artist.

Not to say this album is perfect. Like other artists stepping into the political *cough* her "political" lyrics are a bit weak. GBA and WTWWAW aren't especially powerful statements. I think she does it best on Get Free, where she links her development as a person with her involvement in the real world as opposed to fantasy.

Anyway the "ITS FUCKIN HOT" part of Heroin removed my entire cranium, holy shit.