Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

theres no confirmation on it but its probably real. the same site had the endless summer tour set list and they were right.

This site is based on concert goers inputting the setlists after they've heard it live. The festival hasn't happened yet therefore there's no way it could be true. 

I just saw the light, tomorrow never came and heroin are so amazing, ugh those lyrics and those melodies, LANA DEL REY IS A LEGEND

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I'm having a hard time enjoying when the world was at war but I love the bridge tho

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I need a collaboration with Alex Turner. Also I hope it contains a lot of electric guitars and/or folky sounds. Lol I'm not really answering your question; I don't think we can know right now, but if she gets to that happy place she yearns for, then I could see more songs sounding like BPBP or TNC.

She said in in the Beats 1 interview (?) that she recorded several tracks with him (but probably for his project) so there's hope for that!

I'm having a hard time enjoying when the world was at war but I love the bridge tho

Yeah, the verses sound so sultry and the pre-chorus is so dark and beautiful ... andt hen there is the "naaahahahaaaaaw, it's only the beeeeeginniiiiiiinnnnnng ahahahahahahaaa" part, which kind of ruins that vibe.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Get free is her magnum opus

I have just read a proven fact.

Everyone in my life literally knows about Lust For Life because I've been tirelessly promoting it in person and on all my social media platforms and many people, such as my best friend, cousin, etc. who haven't cared for Lana's music since BTD or ULTRA are so in love with LFL (a la me). It's so exciting to see so many new people appreciating Lana's new album, her magnum opus. If only her fucking fans could do the same.

PS: I posted a pic of my physical LFL CD on my Instagram "finsta" account and have only 37 followers there and the photo almost has 600 likes. Lana's impact. I thought she had liked it herself because i don't understand how it could get so much attention otherwise.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

WTWWAWWKDW should have been open ended lyrically, I really dislike the "No, it's only the beginning" line :toofunny:

It probably was originally, which is why Lana said it was so dark, but then she realized that if she didn't provide an optimistic response that it wouldn't contribute to anything positive and would be too negative.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

I've listened to the album several times through now and I actually like it. I don't think it's her best album, (BTD=UV>HM>LFL) but TNC is amazing. I think the songs flow well as a whole, (even Coachella) but most aren't strong individually. I don't know why I always see a connection with Barrie in her music, but I noticed:

TNC:
I waited for you
In the spot you said to wait
In the city, on a park bench
In the middle of the pouring rain
'Cause I adored you
I just wanted things to be the same
You said to meet me there tomorrow
But tomorrow never came

'See her smiling' Barrie James O'Neill:
Out under the stars, I'm waiting for something
Something that's new - maybe you?
The girl that's in the park, batting her eyelids
Waiting for you, this is true

There's other signs this song is clearly about Lana (mention of tabloids and paps).

malena09.gif