Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I think Coachella is a pivotal moment in this album. It's very clever imo. It signals the shift between the sound. All tracks before that song have current influences, with features from popular artists today e.g. "Coachella" and all songs after feel like they are literally from another time period, they feel like the most classicly crafted songs she's ever put out with features from the 2 artists attributed to older times e.g. "Woodstock"

Time warping legend

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

TBH I'm kind of sad that Lana has grown into an artist that really hides away from the spotlight, and from her fans. The way she sings abt us in Heroin abt dropping from the walls and writing in blood. She thinks we all crazy stalkers!

:rip:

poor Lena, Linking Park snatched her UK number 1

However she's still doing well in the US. Hopefully Meek whatever doesn't beat her on the streams

giphy.gif

poor Lena, Linking Park snatched her UK number 1

However she's still doing well in the US. Hopefully Meek whatever doesn't beat her on the streams

I doubt it, most people I know and even online know Meek Mill for his ~20 hot 100 single, the fact that Nicki made him, and Drake made a diss track. He's not much of a force (I know many users on here aren't well versed w/ hip hop a la not knowing who many major artists are). For the new album he'll def hit 100k as projected with Lana but after listening to his album I genuinely don't think she'll be uprooted. 

I doubt it, most people I know and even online know Meek Mill for his ~20 hot 100 single, the fact that Nicki made him, and Drake made a diss track. He's not much of a force (I know many users on here aren't well versed w/ hip hop a la not knowing who many major artists are). For the new album he'll def hit 100k as projected with Lana but after listening to his album I genuinely don't think she'll be uprooted. 

i know he's not the most well known rapper but his last album sold like 250k first week, while HM only around 100k and rap/hip hop artists are getting big numbers in streams so that's why it's still possible that he surpasses Lana

giphy.gif

actually now that i've checked some charts miss Lena is doing great with streams. 14 out of the 16 tracks on LFL are charting on the Spotify Daily US Chart and 10 in the Worldwide chart. Meek only has 6 in the US and all below Lana's

Girlies we might be getting another US #1 :hooker:

I wonder why linking park's albums havent rised as much in the US as in the UK tho

I'll be so upset it this bitch doesn't start her show with Cruel World tonight :defeated: :crossed:

I won't. She has done that bitch too many fucking times

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think Coachella is a pivotal moment in this album. It's very clever imo. It signals the shift between the sound. All tracks before that song have current influences, with features from popular artists today e.g. "Coachella" and all songs after feel like they are literally from another time period, they feel like the most classicly crafted songs she's ever put out with features from the 2 artists attributed to older times e.g. "Woodstock"

Time warping legend

So true! And it leads directly into the her political songs, it channels that shift from having fun and dancing and living life into that tense, politically aware side~ love it oooooooh the tracklisting feels so much more right now ahaha

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

When people put TNC below #5

:hooker:

When people say LfL isn't good

When people say Lana is a shitty artist

I've never seen anything from that website before and I doubt Lana would do 14 songs

Why wouldn't she? She's done 14 songs before, just because it's a festival it doesn't mean she'd have to cut some songs out especially if she's one of the headlining artists that day, which certainly wasn't the case with KROQ and Radio 1's Big Weekend couple of months ago. :toofunny:

Anyways, anyone registered on setlist.fm can add a setlist so I wouldn't say it's real until the show's actually over. Looks good to me though.

These closet school shooters really came out of hibernation just to block Lana from UK #1... 

thoughtful-oprah.gif?w=650

you got some fuckin nerve to try and pull this shit