Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Similar to how I felt when listening to BTD for the first time, I honestly enjoy just about every song on LFL right away. That isn't to say I didn't enjoy UV or Honeymoon, but I definitely had to listen to a handful of songs on those albums a few times to feel the same way I did about some songs that instantly clicked for me. I don't know what it is about LFL, but this album is amazing! Lana is the best :')

29legc9.gif

iTunes US Songs:
#133 Lust for Life
#170 Summer Bummer
#171 Love

iTunes US Alternative Songs:

#23 Lust for Life
#27 Summer Bummer

#28 Love
#36 Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

#37 Cherry

#40 13 Beaches
#48 Groupie Love
#52 In My Feelings
#71 Get Free
#74 Tomorrow Never Came
#102 Heroin
#129 Change

#134 Summertime Sadness
#135 Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind
#143 God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women In It
#189 When the World Was At War We Kept Dancing

iTunes US Albums

#1 Lust for Life

#165 Born to Die

#166 Honeymoon

iTunes US Alternative Albums

#1 Lust for Life

#27 Born to Die

#30 Honeymoon

#63 Ultraviolence (Deluxe)

#64 Paradise

#109 Born to Die (Deluxe)

#130 Born to Die - The Paradise Edition

:hottie:

I hate the live version of Cruel World, she needs to scream like in the studio version to make it work

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Idk, I can't help but cringe at Coachella & immediately skip it every time it plays. The title track is probably the most repetitive one she's made yet, & Abel adds little-to-nothing in my opinion.. 

God knows I tried says hi  :hooker:

I love both tracks tho  :party:

gbSBViK.gif

Wish Get Free had more of climax and a bigger ending, I love the track but the second chorus falls flat for me. I like the outro though, it's cute.

Also I can't stop playing God Bless America, Heroin and WTWWAWWKD. They have just got me hooked.

I just can't get into Heroin at all, idk what's wrong with me. I find it so boring :toofunny:

same lmao i love the album but heroin is one of my least favs i wish i understood what everyone else loves about it  :noparty:

iTunes US Songs:

#133 Lust for Life

#170 Summer Bummer

#171 Love

iTunes US Alternative Songs:

#23 Lust for Life

#27 Summer Bummer

#28 Love

#36 Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

#37 Cherry

#40 13 Beaches

#48 Groupie Love

#52 In My Feelings

#71 Get Free

#74 Tomorrow Never Came

#102 Heroin

#129 Change

#134 Summertime Sadness

#135 Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

#143 God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women In It

#189 When the World Was At War We Kept Dancing

iTunes US Albums

#1 Lust for Life

#165 Born to Die

#166 Honeymoon

iTunes US Alternative Albums

#1 Lust for Life

#27 Born to Die

#30 Honeymoon

#63 Ultraviolence (Deluxe)

#64 Paradise

#109 Born to Die (Deluxe)

#130 Born to Die - The Paradise Edition

:hottie:

If LINKIN PARK's entire discography wasn't charting so high on iTunes, "Lust For Life" (the song) would be Top 100 right now on US iTunes.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

The line "they still feel him here" breaks my heart. I know since it follows the line about Manson that it sounds like she's referring to him, but the fact that the song has to do with a close relation losing their life to heroin ("took your life away"), it reminds me of when someone close to you dies suddenly, and you can still "feel" them everywhere. Not sure if that's relatable...

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

same lmao i love the album but heroin is one of my least favs i wish i understood what everyone else loves about it  :noparty:

I find it just lacks emotion, the melody isn't that great either. I just don't connect with the song much i guess.

I'm still lol'ing at the fact that Lana hasn't once tweeted the link for LFL or even put it on Instagram with a broken link like she usually does. But she's still #1. We're basically just encouraging her laziness at this point :lmao:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

I think Heroin just needs a better production imo. It needs heavier guitars, louder instruments and more of a beat when the chorus starts. Imagine if it had this huge rock ish production on the chorus, like drums and guitars etc etc, it would be so much better. It's too soft i think. Where's Dan when u need him?