Sign in to follow this  
Candy Galore

This is my least favorite LDR era

First of all - I've been a fan since 2013 and I have always loved her music. I love all her albums. I've been keeping an eye on her since this era and I could honestly say I am a stan. But truth to be told, this must be without a doubt my least favorite Lana Del Rey era. First, we had to wait for so long for new news. Then we got a disappointing album. I don't understand why we got Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, Coachella and God Bless America when we could've got Roses Bloom For You, Best American Record and two songs she was so excited to release at first. I'd rather have an album only with Love, Lust for Life but solo, 13 Beaches, Cherry without swearing, White Mustang, In My Feelings, When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing, Beautiful People Beautiful Problems, Tomorrow Never Came, Heroin, Change, Get Free and the unreleased tracks. The White Mustang music video is a mess. The European tour dates are extremely limited. She only announced six tour dates in Europe. Milan, Rome, Berlin, Antwerp, Barcelona and Madrid. I don't understand why she goes twice to the same country for a tour, but doesn't even go to France, Poland or Netherlands. She's going to so much places in North America too. You can barely call it a world tour. The promotion of the album was pretty poor as well and official announcements were a mess. Remember when she and her team announced the album date? Yeah, that was a mess. And her manager even called me out for calling him out for his unprofessionality. This is without a doubt my least favorite LDR era, and I hope the next era is going to suck less.

Ok, I understand that you're disappointed but:

• She did say earlier that she would have 6-7 dates for the European leg and then come back later in 2018 - don't lose your hope yet.
  • She did play small concerts in the U.K. and performed at festivals around Europe this summer, so I think it's natural that she isn't coming back there so quickly.
  • Also, I think other parts than southern Europe might be a little too cold to have concerts in April, especially if you're queueing outdoors, so I understand why she isn't coming much further up around that time.
  • As a k-pop fan, I've seen a lot. "World tours" with only S.Korea + a few other Asian countried + 1 or 2 stops in the US (and, although very rarely, a stop in Europe too, usually London). I would count the LFL World Tour as a proper world tour since she is having concerts in North America (sadly only one stop in Canada though), Europe, Australia, Middle East and said that she'll be back for Europe as I already wrote.
  • More festivals this spring in South America and if she's kind enough, I hope she'll bless her fans there with proper concerts later in 2018 - perhaps fall or winter?
  • Yes, it's been a messy spring this year. She felt like she wanted to change and add a few songs when most of it was already written since the world around her changed and she felt different as a person. I really thought we would get the album in May too, but like so many stated here on LB, it was never confirmed, only rumors. But they did say that it got delayed, so I suppose that it would have been released in May. But hey, stuff happens, right?
  • I don't know how you are as a person, but I had a hard time to get used to both Ultraviolence and Honeymoon since they sounded so different from her previous work. But now, years after, I love them so very much! Don't be quick to judge, give it a longer time to see if you really dislike it so much.

And lastly, I don't know if this was worth a thread on its own? Why not post this comment in the post-release thread instead? No hard feelings.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Ok, I understand that you're disappointed but:

1. She did say earlier that she would have 6-7 dates for the European leg and then come back later in 2018 - don't lose your faith yet.
  2. She did play small concerts in the U.K. and performed at festivals around Europe this summer, so I think it's natural that she isn't coming back there so quickly.
  3. Also, I think other parts than southern Europe might be a little too cold to have concerts in April, especially if you're queueing outdoors, so I understand why she isn't coming much further up around that time.
  4. As a k-pop fan, I've seen a lot. "World tours" with only S.Korea + a few other Asian countried + 1 or 2 stops in the US (and, although very rarely, a stop in Europe too, usually London). I would count the LFL World Tour as a proper world tour since she is having concerts in North America (sadly only one stop in Canada though), Europe, Australia, Middle East and said that she'll be back for Europe as I already wrote.
  5. More festivals this spring in South America and if she's kind enough, I hope she'll bless her fans there with proper concerts later in 2018 - perhaps fall or winter?
  6. Yes, it's been a messy spring this year. She felt like she wanted to change and add a few songs when most of it was already written since the world around her changed and she felt different as a person. I really thought we would get the album in May too, but like so many stated here on LB, it was never confirmed, only rumors. But they did say that it got delayed, so I suppose that it would have been released in May. But hey, stuff happens, right?
  7. I don't know how you are as a person, but I had a hard time to get used to both Ultraviolence and Honeymoon since they sounded so different from her previous work. But now, years after, I love them so very much! Don't be quick to judge, give it a longer time to see if you really dislike it so much.

And lastly, I don't know if this was worth a thread on its own? Why not post this comment in the post-release thread instead? No hard feelings, .

Clampi serving the tea-gif-20.gif

Idk, I kinda liked the mess. Also the music was better than most of HM's music imo. Everything about this era was less boring. And yeah I also like you as a member, I think you add a lot to the discussions but this could be on the Post-Release Thread :) Elle has said that a lot of threads can drain the site's capacity and break down again.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Clampi serving the tea-gif-20.gif

Idk, I kinda liked the mess. Also the music was better than most of HM's music imo. Everything about this era was less boring. And yeah I also like you as a member, I think you add a lot to the discussions but this could be on the Post-Release Thread :) Elle has said that a lot of threads can drain the site's capacity and break down again.

sis dont pay hm dust like this smh

giphy.gif

I have to agree, this era has been great for me, especially since I joined LB in late May - it was crazy right here then and I loved it - it felt like being at home, finally some fans I could fangirl with! Otherwise I've just kept myself updated on Twitter, but this was soooo much more fun here! Yay!

And oh, I didn't know about the thread issue, I better stay away from creating any more game or conversation threads then. :ohno: I don't want a second round of error pages..!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I have to agree, this era has been great for me, especially since I joined LB in late May - it was crazy right here then and I loved it - it felt like being at home, finally some fans I could fangirl with! Otherwise I've just kept myself updated on Twitter, but this was soooo much more fun here! Yay!

And oh, I didn't know about the thread issue, I better stay away from creating any more game or conversation threads then. :ohno: I don't want a second round of error pages..!

She upgraded the site's capacity but we have to use the threads we already have as much as possible (and maybe donate, if we want/can) 

if this isn't anyone's least favorite era they need serious help

:crossed:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

she's getting rusty and crusty, and that's okay.

at this point we take what we get. we're incredibly lucky to witness such talent in the first place.

it's easier to get through the wait between video/album releases if you have a life. without any shade, i'd like to encourage you to get one. 

6bhv9Qi.gif

1) We got 4 albums in 4 years which is a crazy amount so to expect from her to always come up with fresh perspective and not recycled and/or weak stuff is kind of lying to yourself

2) She's got nothing much to live for ever since she found her fame so she just got LAZY and isn't inspired and/or driven to achieve more bc she already achieved her lifetime goal

3) What if she didn't lose magic but it's you that got bored of her?

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

well for me this isn't like 'the worst' or something like that. It just kinda lame how  Lana always kills her eras with waiting and such. 

also if you're paying dust to hm imma rip u off

???, ?????????

Even if this wasn't the best era I feel that it's way better than her going on a long hiatus and not putting out music period. As fans I think sometimes we demand and critique the artist too much when we're just on the outside looking in. We don't know how Lana feels on the inside or what she has to go through behind the scenes to make things possible. We just see the end result, and sometimes it's not just all about us and what we want, she's making music for herself and how she feels at the time as well. I see people complain all the time about performances but who knows if she had a fucked up day before having to entertain thousands of people or currently dealing with personal problems but has to put aside all that just to satisfy other people.

I understand that not every project is going to meet the standard of every single fan but at least she's still willing to give us something and put in any kind of effort at all. Touring, shows & consistently entertaining fans are not an easy thing. Recording an album, and trying to making sure it's perfect to meet both her and the standards of others in hopes that it'll be successful is not an easy thing. Promotion and other moves made behind the scene are not easy.

I mean we live in the same time period as her and aren't just reading about / listening to somebody before our time that we can't personally experience. We're lucky and should appreciate that. We've gotta be crazy to think she doesn't look back at her older work and what she did in the past, I'm pretty sure she does all the time but she has to do what she feels is best for her today and as fans we should respect that. We should allow an artist to experiment and enjoy the process of making music instead of making them dread/second guess it. Don't get me wrong, it's fine if you happen to not like a project but we shouldn't be so hard on demands from the artist, because we're not in their shoes.

tumblr_lyf35aOQ2W1qzcqino1_500.gif

First of all - I've been a fan since 2013 and I have always loved her music. I love all her albums. I've been keeping an eye on her since this era and I could honestly say I am a stan. But truth to be told, this must be without a doubt my least favorite Lana Del Rey era. First, we had to wait for so long for new news. Then we got a disappointing album. I don't understand why we got Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, Coachella and God Bless America when we could've got Roses Bloom For You, Best American Record and two songs she was so excited to release at first. I'd rather have an album only with Love, Lust for Life but solo, 13 Beaches, Cherry without swearing, White Mustang, In My Feelings, When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing, Beautiful People Beautiful Problems, Tomorrow Never Came, Heroin, Change, Get Free and the unreleased tracks. The White Mustang music video is a mess. The European tour dates are extremely limited. She only announced six tour dates in Europe. Milan, Rome, Berlin, Antwerp, Barcelona and Madrid. I don't understand why she goes twice to the same country for a tour, but doesn't even go to France, Poland or Netherlands. She's going to so much places in North America too. You can barely call it a world tour. The promotion of the album was pretty poor as well and official announcements were a mess. Remember when she and her team announced the album date? Yeah, that was a mess. And her manager even called me out for calling him out for his unprofessionality. This is without a doubt my least favorite LDR era, and I hope the next era is going to suck less.

She's coming twice to Spain because the last time she came here to perform was in 2014.

giphy.gif

Even if this wasn't the best era I feel that it's way better than her going on a long hiatus and not putting out music period. As fans I think sometimes we demand and critique the artist too much when we're just on the outside looking in. We don't know how Lana feels on the inside or what she has to go through behind the scenes to make things possible. We just see the end result, and sometimes it's not just all about us and what we want, she's making music for herself and how she feels at the time as well. I see people complain all the time about performances but who knows if she had a fucked up day before having to entertain thousands of people or currently dealing with personal problems but has to put aside all that just to satisfy other people.

I understand that not every project is going to meet the standard of every single fan but at least she's still willing to give us something and put in any kind of effort at all. Touring, shows & consistently entertaining fans are not an easy thing. Recording an album, and trying to making sure it's perfect to meet both her and the standards of others in hopes that it'll be successful is not an easy thing. Promotion and other moves made behind the scene are not easy.

I mean we live in the same time period as her and aren't just reading about / listening to somebody before our time that we can't personally experience. We're lucky and should appreciate that. We've gotta be crazy to think she doesn't look back at her older work and what she did in the past, I'm pretty sure she does all the time but she has to do what she feels is best for her today and as fans we should respect that. We should allow an artist to experiment and enjoy the process of making music instead of making them dread/second guess it. Don't get me wrong, it's fine if you happen to not like a project but we shouldn't be so hard on demands from the artist, because we're not in their shoes.

absolutely all of this, she's been releasing so much music in short periods of time I admire her so much for that, and frankly the music is what i mostly care about

also except for tv appearances she hasn't done a concert in italy since 2013 when she was still promoting BTD apparently, so she probably prioritized countries where she has a significant fanbase and were also long overdue. she probably designed the world tour based on her abilities and capabilities atm, we don't know what her plans are

i guess i just have accepted that she functions and works differently than most artists, while i would like for her to take something of their books (while i'm not into beyoncé i admire her commitment to working hard and showing it to her fans & stuff like that) i'm content. I'd rather not have Lana release an album every three years with impeccable promo/tv every night/world tour (but i'd take a movie/docu though if it was on the table) like many big pop artists out there. the only complaint i'd have is her inconsistency with visuals, which are not as important as the music in itself, but are a huge addition to it. HBTB was a nice mv as LFL but both were too simple to be lead and title track of their respective eras. I don't mind the simplicity but I see lead/track titles as a "main course" and maybe that's what gives the feeling of underwhelm?  I guess she doesn't have the "bitch, i'm back" attitude like some artists (madonna, britney) but again she's not gone long enough thus she probably doesn't realise that some of the more casual listeners expect something more impactful that would make sense for them. 

also yes, being on lanaboards and even waiting for merch/tour dates becomes excruciating while  months ago i wouldn't have cared about that at all but i'm not used to be involved at this level 

I swear I've been around since 2012 and all the eras were the same for me and that's just it.

Paradise leaked like weeks before the release...as FKING SNIPPETS. I'll never forget the only missing part of Body Electric was the goddam bridge and the second verse from Gods & Monsters.

Ultraviolence release date was also a mess. Remember "MAY" and then nothing happened 

http://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-112-1239923

Ultraviolence music video, Brooklyn Baby as a single, shades of cool cover on twitter and then "coming soon" and the song came out like 2 hours later that was epic nnn

Endless Summer Tour with "Oh the band know new songs but they're not allowed to play it", honeymoon song released in a random day and then 2 months til the official lead single.

What I really wanna say???

It has been a mess since day 1 but we're all still here so...

For music etc, It's all personal taste I guess. I really love LFL. It's just a great album and If there's a song I don't like (Groupie Love rn) I just skip. I didn't really like Ultraviolence sound back then but I'm ok today and I like most of the record now.