expandableclitoris

Call Me By Your Name

Saw it in theater today and

1) People were laughing at the wrong things for example Marzia's "I love you" and how Elio rolled his eyes after his breakdown or when Oliver was saying "Wanna see something sick" or the dad talk particularly the "you two had a nice friendship" line... I was ready to stand up and scream in their faces :creep: Don't get me wrong I can't tell people to feel a certain vibe but

2) Everybody quietly watched Elio throughout the ending credits & then silently walked off the theater. It was magical

3) No twinks in the room just movie freaks

4) I managed not to cry for the fifth time watching this I hope you're proud

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

So, I watched this yesterday for the first time. I have to say although the acting and cinematography were beautiful I was having a hard time being convinced of Elio and Oliver's relationship. It felt purely fueled by lust to me, with small moments of emotion. So i didn't come away with it feeling crushed like a lot of others have. I've heard that the book provides more context so I'm going to give that a try.

The final scene though is going to stick with me. Even though there were no words spoken I knew exactly what Elio was thinking and feeling and it was so powerful. That final shot at the end where he looks at the camera caught me off guard but there was something really profound about it. As if he knew that we'd been watching the whole time, and was now looking to us like we were included in the relationship. Bravo Timothee!

Saw it in theater today and

1) People were laughing at the wrong things for example Marzia's "I love you" and how Elio rolled his eyes after his breakdown or when Oliver was saying "Wanna see something sick" or the dad talk particularly the "you two had a nice friendship" line... I was ready to stand up and scream in their faces :creep: Don't get me wrong I can't tell people to feel a certain vibe but

2) Everybody quietly watched Elio throughout the ending credits & then silently walked off the theater. It was magical

3) No twinks in the room just movie freaks

4) I managed not to cry for the fifth time watching this I hope you're proud

Same thing at my showing. Everybody kept laughing at things that weren’t funny. It really was kind of awkward and annoying. It’s obvious they weren’t getting the point of the film.

@@loleetah while I liked the movie it did feel a bit rushed to me. The book is so much better and does add way more context. I hope you enjoy it. It’s a really a great book!

So, I watched this yesterday for the first time. I have to say although the acting and cinematography were beautiful I was having a hard time being convinced of Elio and Oliver's relationship. It felt purely fueled by lust to me, with small moments of emotion. So i didn't come away with it feeling crushed like a lot of others have. I've heard that the book provides more context so I'm going to give that a try.

The final scene though is going to stick with me. Even though there were no words spoken I knew exactly what Elio was thinking and feeling and it was so powerful. That final shot at the end where he looks at the camera caught me off guard but there was something really profound about it. As if he knew that we'd been watching the whole time, and was now looking to us like we were included in the relationship. Bravo Timothee!

This. There were a bunch of little quirks on Elio's part in the movie that I didn't understand until I read the book. The ambiguity of Elio's actions in some scenes made it hard to understand how he really felt because the actions were so closely tied in with the dialogue in the book. If the book didn't exist as a reference, it would've been hard for me to grasp the sheer intensity of how he felt about Oliver with some of the scenes alone. But God, yeah Timothee is such an amazing actor he really brought Elio to life :poordat:

ok so a small company will start to show the film in some cinemas next month but i'm sooo hopeless cause i live in the smallest town and the most probably they won't show the movie but i wanna act as if they will show it lmao

let's pray for me girls so i can see this masterpiece in cinemas

giphy_s.gif

Luca talking about more ideas for the sequel

"I think Elio [Timothee Chalamet] will be a cinephile, and I'd like him to be in a movie theater watching Paul Vecchiali's Once More," a 1988 film about a man who falls in love with a man after he leaves his wife, which was the first French movie to deal with AIDS. "That," said Guadagnino, "could be the first scene [in the sequel]."

In my opinion, Call Me can be the first chapter of the chronicles of the life of these people that we met in this movie, and if the first one is a story of coming of age and becoming a young man, maybe the next chapter will be, what is the position of the young man in the world, what does he want — and what is left a few years later of such an emotional punch that made him who he is?"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/call-me-by-your-name-director-reveals-details-planned-sequel-1077963

:defeated:

6XlmkuP.png