expandableclitoris

Call Me By Your Name

In my opinion, Call Me can be the first chapter of the chronicles of the life of these people that we met in this movie, and if the first one is a story of coming of age and becoming a young man, maybe the next chapter will be, what is the position of the young man in the world, what does he want — and what is left a few years later of such an emotional punch that made him who he is?"

What I'll say is totally random but Tore Renberg loved Jarle Klepp as a character so much that he decided to make The Man Who Loved Yngve (a Norwegian gay classic) a series and wrote 5 novels revolving around that character, so maybe Luca sees it like that too?? I can totally picture 3 movies about Elio being made and even though I perceive CMBYN as a standalone project about senses bathed in summer I can totally switch it to the coming of age story and a trilogy about how Elio finally finds himself as a person

Either way I'm ready :crai:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Finished the book today and the end wrecked me.

I plan on seeing the movie next week. I can tell you without having seen it yet that I think a sequel is a terrible idea because it could tarnish the legacy/acclaim of the original -- especially if it pulls a best picture win

Not to mention they'd no longer have source material to base it off of so I think it would be subpar

BzhmW.png

Finished the book today and the end wrecked me.

I plan on seeing the movie next week. I can tell you without having seen it yet that I think a sequel is a terrible idea because it could tarnish the legacy/acclaim of the original -- especially if it pulls a best picture win

Not to mention they'd no longer have source material to base it off of so I think it would be subpar

This - i feel like a sequel would be a tragedy :rip:

At this point we can all agree that the crew (luca, andre and the actors) are just milking it

watched in cinema guys. fucking NO ONE was there. felt a little scared lol but it was good overall skqLTRf.gif

why did i have to go through multiple sold out screenings and u guys get the cinema for yourself 

i76mrxw.png 

mine was in a small hall and it was literally filled with older people... it was awkward 

all these old men thirsting after the french peach  :creep: 

i wished the cinema was full tbh i wanted to see peoples reaction

everyone was shook after the credits sequence was over. it was like some sort religious parade walking out of church with no one talking and the film score playing. 

one time they turned on the lights while elio was still crying and everyone just complained about it and sat there waiting for it to end.

i76mrxw.png 

Saw it this morning at the cinema, I liked it but my expectations were low in the first place tbh. Took me back to my teenage years when I dreamed of older men (still do though lol). Didn't find Oliver guy that hot tho

Moonlight remains as the best LGBTQ film I've ever seen... a masterpiece :defeated:

i think most of them didn't like it tho. i heard some of them sayin "what a bore" after it's finished. a mess

old people not seeing talent what a common thing to see.

i didn't like moonlight that much but yeah to each their own i guess. i don't think they're the same genre just bc they deal with sexuality. just like i killed my mother is completely different.

i76mrxw.png 

i didn't like moonlight that much but yeah to each their own i guess. i don't think they're the same genre just bc they deal with sexuality. just like i killed my mother is completely different.

I don't mean to come off as rude but they are the same genre as they're both drama with some sort of a coming-of-age story, with the exception of fictional Call Me by Your Name leaning more on the romantic side etc. and semi-autobiographical Moonlight dealing more with "bigger" themes like African American identity and its interactions with sexual identity, physical and emotional abuse, misappropriation of drugs and so on. Even though they deal with different kind of issues and have different time frames and settings, both films still focus on the growth of the protagonist - whether it's physical, emotional or both -, so it's not like they're the same genre only because both are significantly LGBT-related. They have more in common than that.