Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i know no doubt her issues are probably about the industry, her artistic integrity and having to sacrifice it and all that la la land shit but what's happening is she's channeling that frustration by punishing the fans mostly and being coy about it which just isn't a good look

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Yeah sometimes I feel like I’m the only one who really likes the album title. My opinion on it only makes me want the album more though :(

It's honestly a very "American name". You have to have a good "Americana culture" to possibly appreciate it. 

I love the sound and  feel of this album. Even the low-key visuals make sense (even if they are not my favorite). The album already gives me HM vibes, which is my fave from her. If only she could finally say something and do something...

I really want her to pen a track that goes something along the theme of like, I know ur going crazy waiting for me, but truth is, there's nothing u can do aha. Like what would she name that giphy.gif

norman f*cking rockwell

The wait wouldnt be consider long if we didnt have all the lies and empty promises that came with it

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

You guys do realize it hasn’t even been 2 years since LFL yet, right? Sometimes reading this thread makes me wonder if y’all think it’s been like 10 years. When you guys grow up you’ll realize this wait isn’t bad at all.

i don't think it's even about the wait anymore, i think it's become about perceived behaviour towards her fans and again that isn't about the waiting time either more that she's created all this buzz and then pissed off and been quite smug when asked about it

i don't personally feel owed an album, to be honest at this stage i'm not even sure i care about the actual release. what interests me is what's going on with her. i'm not suggesting it isn't indicative of 'creative temperament' and isn't something that's happened with tons of other artists either but this forum is about her 

You guys do realize it hasn’t even been 2 years since LFL yet, right? Sometimes reading this thread makes me wonder if y’all think it’s been like 10 years. When you guys grow up you’ll realize this wait isn’t bad at all.

The wait wouldnt be consider long if we didnt have all the lies and empty promises that came with it

Like, we've been over this so many times... Sometimes I think it's pointless to keep repeating myself but apparently it's 100% necessary.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Like, we've been over this so many times... Sometimes I think it's pointless to keep repeating myself but apparently it's 100% necessary.

i'm positive it's why this thread just won't die 

"you feel owed an album"

"you're just upset at waiting!"

"you're just bored and creating theories."

i mean first and second no, third... she's allowing this anyway and seems quite happy about it

i'm positive it's why this thread just won't die 

"you feel owed an album"

"you're just upset at waiting!"

"you're just bored and creating theories."

i mean first and second no, third... she's allowing this anyway and seems quite happy about it

I feel like just copy pasting the same damn post on every new page as a PSA smh

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

If y’all are still crying about false promises from Lana Del Rey this far into her career, you’re a lost cause. Sorry but she’s been making false promises for a long time. And she is only one of many artists that do this. The ones with the most passion for their art seem to do this, probably out of excitement, but then take their time or move on. We’re lucky Lana shares so much of her process and art she’s working on with us, even if it means more false promises. Maybe that’s why she’s quieter now. Whenever she shares her process, you guys get mad at her for “teasing” you and “being unfair” like grow up and realize how lucky you are to get vague updates like that. Remember social media hasn’t been around forever. There was a time artists didn’t have social media to post updates to. Instead you’d just get silence. Real silence.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

If y’all are still crying about false promises from Lana Del Rey this far into her career, you’re a lost cause. Sorry but she’s been making false promises for a long time. And she is only one of many artists that do this. The ones with the most passion for their art seem to do this, probably out of excitement, but then take their time or move on. We’re lucky Lana shares so much of her process and art she’s working on with us, even if it means more false promises. Maybe that’s why she’s quieter now. Whenever she shares her process, you guys get mad at her for “teasing” you and “being unfair” like grow up and realize how lucky you are to get vague updates like that. Remember social media hasn’t been around forever. There was a time artists didn’t have social media to post updates to. Instead you’d just get silence. Real silence.

Look, it's simple. She's been dangling the idea of a new album in front of us since last year. I think everyone has a right to be pissed off at this point considering we STILL don't have any solid news from Lana or her team.

Literally no one is mad about the snippets. No one is mad that she's living her life. She's on social media frequently, yet she chooses to ghost everyone's questions. It's like I said time and time again, if she gave us an update of some kind (via livestream for example), then most of us will appreciate it greatly and everyone's frustrations will simmer down and we'd be a lot more patient with this process.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

are you being ignorant on purpose or just to cause comments lol, -breathes in- WE KNOW THE WAIT ISNT LONG its her constant fibbing and behaviour that is the issue, her lack of transparency. 

You are just proving the point she needs to hop on twitter and give a solid update instead of vague shit no one cares about