• delreyfreak likes this

4r9w86.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   evilentity

evilentity

~~~~~~ICON~~~~~~ President for Life

• OG Moderators
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

There's a few mistakes in the lyrics here. You should copy them from where Lana herself posted the lyrics once. You can't play the video, but if you go here and maximize your browser, and then click on "More Info" in the upper right corner, the lyrics appear. Rahh!

Also, I remember seeing a screenshot someone took of her posting the original "Yayo" video on Jimmy Gnecco's wall on Facebook with the lyrics and a note saying something like "For you Jim <3". But I think the post has since been deleted and I can't find the screenshot anywhere.

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

#3 OFFLINE   Monicker

Monicker

?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • LocationThe Pale Blue Dot
  • :

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

There's a few mistakes in the lyrics here. You should copy them from where Lana herself posted the lyrics once. You can't play the video, but if you go here and maximize your browser, and then click on "More Info" in the upper right corner, the lyrics appear. Rahh!

Also, I remember seeing a screenshot someone took of her posting the original "Yayo" video on Jimmy Gnecco's wall on Facebook with the lyrics and a note saying something like "For you Jim <3". But I think the post has since been deleted and I can't find the screenshot anywhere.

And you wonder where your title of resident stalker comes from...
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

#4 OFFLINE   SitarHero

SitarHero

Genius

• OG Moderators
  • 12,604 posts
  • Fan Since:Lake Placid Church Choir
  • Favourite LDR Song:Get_Drunk

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:54 AM

Don't do this to me :crying:

#5 OFFLINE   evilentity

evilentity

• OG Moderators
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

And you wonder where your title of resident stalker comes from...

I prefer the term resident "researcher". Kthanxbai.
  • Monicker and Lanakai like this

#6 OFFLINE   Mileena

Mileena

Laura Palmer

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,053 posts
  • LocationThe Black Lodge
  • Time Online: 14d 14h 11m 14s

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

Where's the incorrect lyrics?

4r9w86.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   evilentity

evilentity

• OG Moderators
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

Where's the incorrect lyrics?

The lyric is "50's babydoll dress for my 'I do'", though she doesn't actually pronounce the 's' in "50's.
Also, it's "Hello, heaven, you are a tunnel lined with yellow lights".
And she claims she says "rahh" after "tiger", like a roar or something, but it sounds more like "ahh" to me.

#8 OFFLINE   Mileena

Mileena

Laura Palmer

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,053 posts
  • LocationThe Black Lodge
  • Time Online: 14d 14h 11m 14s

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

The lyric is "50's babydoll dress for my 'I do'", though she doesn't actually pronounce the 's' in "50's.
Also, it's "Hello, heaven, you are a tunnel lined with yellow lights".
And she claims she says "rahh" after "tiger", like a roar or something, but it sounds more like "ahh" to me.

Fixed, thank you for letting me know! I had no idea she said '50s' baby doll dress...but oh well, those are the correct lyrics!

4r9w86.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   ednafrau

ednafrau

logic will break your heart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Locationbuenos aires
  • Time Online: 11d 12h 40m 3s

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

i remember i first posted that fact on youtube on the first post of her "jimmy (g)necco" demo (the one with the animated video made by the poster) but i wasn't smart enough to screencap it :P you know who i think did? the amazing maru! she'd made a thorough, well-researched post on the LDRFM thread regading lizzy and jimmy's relationship. hope she still has it!
how i love "yayo", it's one of my most favorite lana songs :)
  • pauli likes this

#10 OFFLINE   ♡GagaOopsy♡

♡GagaOopsy♡

Degenerate Beauty Queen! ♡

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationOn A Rainbow!
  • :

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

I'm gonna be honest and say that I didn't like this song but that I've seen the video I'm like in love with it ;'))!!

Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   TrailerParkDarling

TrailerParkDarling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,385 posts
  • Time Online: 35d 16h 37m 59s

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

Lana lived in the Manhattan Trailer Court mobile park on Tonnelle Avenue in North Bergen, New Jersey- where there is Tonnelle station- you are a tunnel lined with yellow lights. I bet she saw the lights of the train from her window, and heard the loud noises of the train and the trailer park, dreaming of Jimmy to take her away :')  This belongs in Lanalysis maybe but I'm having FEELINGS okay. Like in the beginning she's being playful, Let me put on a show~ Let me sing for you, she's in love, she's been playing shows, still optimistic about her future.. and then it gets dark, the song wanes .. Let me put on a show~ she's (gogo?) dancing now, she's at a dark point in her career, not seeing any progression after making videos all day and music nonstop. Or maybe she realizes that the love is lost and he's not ever coming to get her. It kind of reminds me of when she sang "End of the World" by Skeeter Davis, how sad she got just singing it.   And the tune is similar.. I wonder if she listened to it a lot while writing Yayo.

It's a song that is reflective of her past but also speaks of her life at the time, imo.  When they were living in California, it took 2 hours to Nevada, it was a happy time, the world seemed new, etc. And now she wants him to take her out of the dark trailer park life because she misses that.  I think she was the one using then, obviously cocaine, and it was fucking w/ her dreams~  thinking of happier times with this guy or the life she wished she could live. 

And they are tearing that trailer park down in 2014 :(

• Hello Heaven, James19709, SitarHero and 12 others like this

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

#12 OFFLINE   SitarHero

SitarHero

Genius

• OG Moderators
  • 12,604 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

Lana lived in the Manhattan Trailer Court mobile park on Tonnelle Avenue in North Bergen, New Jersey- where there is Tonnelle station- you are a tunnel lined with yellow lights. I bet she saw the lights of the train from her window, and heard the loud noises of the train and the trailer park, dreaming of Jimmy to take her away :')  This belongs in Lanalysis maybe but I'm having FEELINGS okay. Like in the beginning she's being playful, Let me put on a show~ Let me sing for you, she's in love, she's been playing shows, still optimistic about her future.. and then it gets dark, the song wanes .. Let me put on a show~ she's (gogo?) dancing now, she's at a dark point in her career, not seeing any progression after making videos all day and music nonstop. Or maybe she realizes that the love is lost and he's not ever coming to get her. It kind of reminds me of when she sang "End of the World" by Skeeter Davis, how sad she got just singing it.   And the tune is similar.. I wonder if she listened to it a lot while writing Yayo.

It's a song that is reflective of her past but also speaks of her life at the time, imo.  When they were living in California, it took 2 hours to Nevada, it was a happy time, the world seemed new, etc. And now she wants him to take her out of the dark trailer park life because she misses that.  I think she was the one using then, obviously cocaine, and it was fucking w/ her dreams~  thinking of happier times with this guy or the life she wished she could live. 

219b9ra.gif

Learning that this song was really just a fantasy somehow makes it that much better. It's more troubling.

Aw I wonder if she knows or would visit :(

#13 OFFLINE   evilentity

evilentity

• OG Moderators
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

:O NOOOOOO!

#14 OFFLINE   ednafrau

ednafrau

logic will break your heart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Locationbuenos aires
  • Time Online: 11d 12h 40m 3s

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

how sad!!! i wonder if lana knows...it was such an intense, fertile moment in her life, from a creative point of view...to have the place that inspired so much just not exist anymore... :crying2:

TPD, i love what you wrote! really evocative of the mood of the song ♥

now, you guys, i've been thinking about this...do you really think NOTHING happened between lizzy and jimmy? i'm inclined to believe maybe it was a fling, or not even that, perhaps they just kissed once, but that maybe it was blown out of proportion in her mind because she fell in love and later, when he blew her off, she just couldn't let go. i mean, she posted this song on his FB wall! she may have been lovelorn, but was she so out of touch to write songs about a fantasy and share them with him? i have my doubts. our kind source that spoke to his son's GF could just have the "official story". maybe jimmy was in a relationship so his little lizzy affair (or less) was kept on the downlow? how could we possibly know? i just find it hard to fathom that lana would expose herself so much to even use a JG lookalike for 2 of her videos - which jimmy would obviously see - just over an imaginary love!

(I'll repost this in the Lanalysis thread)

• TrailerParkDarling and delreyfreak like this

#15 OFFLINE   Hello Heaven

Hello Heaven

ghost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 3d 12h 21m 10s

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

I can't believe they're destroying it! Yayo is such a special song that everyone can connect with even if it has no relevance to their own life and that trailer park, it looks like such a typical American mobile home that you see everywhere but it's got such a sweet, dark story behind it which has had a massive impact on Lizzy's music influences. Obviously, she must be happier with her lifestyle now but I bet she'd be upset if she found out that this is happening. :(

There's something really nice about living in trailer parks though, I used to have one by the seaside with really trashy arcades and a fairground and all that. I can just imagine Lizzy sitting by her window listening to the trains go by at night, daydreaming about Jimmy :flutter: 

• James19709, ednafrau, TrailerParkDarling and 1 other like this

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

#16 OFFLINE   demiannn

demiannn

~Crooked cop~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Time Online: 16d 9h 54m 42s

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

And she claims she says "rahh" after "tiger", like a roar or something.

tumblr_mssi2odaAc1shyqmco1_500.gif

Sorry, I have to do :hoe:

• delreyfreak likes this

#17 OFFLINE   delley

delley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Time Online: 3d 5h 47m 4s

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:27 PM

From this year's festivals she said that she had a good friend of hers, when she was living in New Jersey. That's it. I really love this song and thought that maybe someone knows more. 

#18 OFFLINE   SitarHero

SitarHero

Genius

• OG Moderators
  • 12,604 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:30 PM

cIcaj.jpg

#19 OFFLINE   delley

delley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Time Online: 3d 5h 47m 4s

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:35 PM

I may be wrong, but didn't he say during an interview that he had nothing to do with Lana? 

#20 OFFLINE   Lovesick

Lovesick

Smiling when the firing squad's against you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Time Online: 34d 1h 35m 16s

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:36 PM

Check the Lanalysis thread

And you just stay lined up...

0 user(s) are reading this topic