Sitar

Lorde

:eartha:

I may be exaggerating how underwhelming it is, but sis.. album of the year??? :deadbanana: :smh: :rip:

I just don't get y'all. Pure Heronie is so much better of an album. The melodies & harmonies are unmatched!

Nothing on Melodrama holds a candle to 400 Lux, Buzzcut Season, or White Teeth Teens.

Who are you trying to convince?

Omg I think Melodrama is overrated & underwhelming and y'all will deal with it :byeh8rs:

I am still disappointed she made us wait 4 years for this mehss. Not sorry! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since we don't have to agree, you're gonna have to deal with responses to your opinion and not just shut down sweaty

it's definitely not AOTY like some people are making it out to be...

Liability (Reprise) is pointless. 

It sounds like she's moving furniture in her studio during the transition from Hard Feelings/Loveless--making the track unlistenable imo. 

Since we don't have to agree, you're gonna have to deal with responses to your opinion and not just shut down sweaty

I don't care about ppl disagreeing obviously because I disagree with most of y'all on this topic so ?¿?

I'm not shutting down I'm literally just stating my thoughts on the album & compared to PH

Ur the one like "who are u trying to convince" as if I'm actively telling ppl they're wrong (I'm not)

Supercut is too long. It sounds like a car commercial song.

14417469274.gif

It sounds like she's moving furniture in her studio during the transition from Hard Feelings/Loveless--making the track unlistenable imo. 

HF/LL are in my top 3# but goddamn the transition, the wait to start HF, and how long it takes LL to end makes it a drag sometimes

I honestly forgot what the reprise even sounded like 2rfrq6q.gif

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

I don't care about ppl disagreeing obviously because I disagree with most of y'all on this topic so ?¿?

I'm not shutting down I'm literally just stating my thoughts on the album & compared to PH

Ur the one like "who are u trying to convince" as if I'm actively telling ppl they're wrong (I'm not)

Supercut is too long. It sounds like a car commercial song.

Yes you are shutting down the convo by saying I have to "deal with it" instead of engaging even though both sides are opinion based and there is no right or wrong. Hence, who are you (or any of us) trying to convince? I no longer challenge different opinions on the album because it surely isn't some people's cup of tea but I'll lightly snark back if you insist its objectively bad or throw in a "I just don't get yall" tryna make it more pointed than it needs to be

Hate Melodrama all day, but now lets discuss Legende respectfully :slayty:

Me saying I just don't get your opinion isn't being snarky but okay :bye3:

God forbid I criticize the album instead of giving it nothing but praise. Chance why can we discuss albums thru text with no problem but whenever I post here it's read as snark immediately & as if I'm shutting down discussion by simply posting that I disagree???? Ridiculous. It's not like I'm coming in here with "the album is trash she's over" like I am ACTUALLY just trying to discuss... but of course real questions (where is her old producer?) go ignored and instead we nitpick my choice of words

just because I share my opinion that I disagree doesn't mean I'm trying to convince ppl to change their minds ??? why is that always the go-to argument against me??? :smh: :bye4:

14417469274.gif

ANYWAYYYYYYYY i go back and forth on favorites from this album. My immediate winner for a long time was Supercut. Those lyrics, the muddled down Green Light-esque production, and of course the beautiful outtro which feels like star gazing and slow motion flashbacks.

Typing that out made me realize it probably still is my favorite, but Hard Feelings also destroys me. Perfect Places is fucking phenomenal as well and even the reprises are both 10/10. Like, shall I go on?

:lordejesus:

H0bDaqU.gif

ANYWAYYYYYYYY i go back and forth on favorites from this album. My immediate winner for a long time was Supercut. Those lyrics, the muddled down Green Light-esque production, and of course the beautiful outtro which feels like star gazing and slow motion flashbacks.

Typing that out made me realize it probably still is my favorite, but Hard Feelings also destroys me. Perfect Places is fucking phenomenal as well and even the reprises are both 10/10. Like, shall I go on?

:lordejesus:

TxAkyIy.gif