Sitar

Official Single Premiere: "LOVE"

I feel like "Love" is a very filtered version of what Lana normally releases. It feels too commercial and less artistic. Even the lyrics seem to lack that certain special Lana flavour. It feels lazy and rushed. I feel like she's regressed with this song. It doesn't feel single worthy. I hope the rest of the album isn't like this single. We know Lana is capable of so much more. Just listen to "Fine China" the lyrics are sooo beautiful, her vocals are angelic af and the melodies are so dreamy. That song transports me into a heavenly state of pure bliss. I need more "Fine China" type songs tbh. It feels like her management forced her to release something more commercial and less artsy. Idk It just lacks that certain Lana flavour that we all love :'(

I understand what you mean, but wholeheartedly disagree. I "Love" that it sounds kinda similar to the Untouchable 5, yet also like nothing we've gotten from her. The lyrics seem so different only because they're about us instead of being about her, which I think is a nice change of pace. :heart:

I feel like "Love" is a very filtered version of what Lana normally releases. It feels too commercial and less artistic. Even the lyrics seem to lack that certain special Lana flavour. It feels lazy and rushed. I feel like she's regressed with this song. It doesn't feel single worthy. I hope the rest of the album isn't like this single. We know Lana is capable of so much more. Just listen to "Fine China" the lyrics are sooo beautiful, her vocals are angelic af and the melodies are so dreamy. That song transports me into a heavenly state of pure bliss. I need more "Fine China" type songs tbh. It feels like her management forced her to release something more commercial and less artsy. Idk It just lacks that certain Lana flavour that we all love :'(

You guys should stop with the "management forces to". That is clearly not happening here.

A more universal theme is actually more plausible for a first single than let's say West Coast

I think exactly the same thing and i'm very disappointed by that. Lana is unique and i love her because what she does is what she want to do, without thinking about charts, sales ecc ecc. Lead single like West Coast are a perfect example of what i've just said. With Love seems that someone has forced her to make something commercial, something that probably she wouldn't do. She can do infintely better than this and i hope new record sound totally different by the single, otherwise it will be a big regression for her ad an artist.

After that comment Lana made on insta about not giving up on this era following the Love leak I suspect she has some promo planned. It will just happen in the period in which she originally planned to release the song so early March/last week of February since she has probably some deals or something with radio stations etc.

giphy.gif

As I said, I think that she captioned something about the world today in the same vein as she did in VG but the lyrics are not as good (particular). I think that she's referring to how empty our social life is, in spite of the social media or the dating apps, and how everything is a meta discussion (signals crossings can get confusing) which influences us more than the persons who are physically close to us. But this meta-discussion is structurally repetitive and, in time, most of the people will realize the emptiness of it. In search for real love you have to go through a phase of solipsism (you get dressed and go out in a (social) place that has no relevance anymore in shaping your emotions) and love become another abstract idea (being young and in love) which translates more in a hope for a better future.

I'm certain that neither Lana or her label intended to go with this album on the commercial route. I don't know if the song or the album will do well commercially because sometimes songs just catch fire but let's face it you need massive public presence (promo) to produce big numbers and I don't think Lana will change drastically her approach. If the rest of the album has the same pop catchiness as Love I think that she can somewhat better the HM numbers but not by much. What I like about this release is that she and her team were rational about it and acted quickly to diminish the damage of the leak. She needs to stay positive

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

Exactly. Lana makes an approachable song: hormoneridden homosexuals: OMG; she is CONTROLLED!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a matter of taste. In my opinion this song is too weak as a first single, too common and too flat for her artistic potential. It sounds like anyone of her unreleased. After two little jewels like UV and HM, my expectations was too higer than this.

By the way you guys talk about how this song is "more commercial" you'd think she was collaborating with Diplo and releasing tropical house bops or something like that. 'Love' is just an evolution of her usual style.

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

By the way you guys talk about how this song is "more commercial" you'd think she was collaborating with Diplo and releasing tropical house bops or something like that. 'Love' is just an evolution of her usual style.

Well, since there are remixes coming up, I expect nothing less than Nicki dropping a few lines.

Something like: hey kids, you b!tches are ma sons!