graham4anything

Lana Del Rey Born to Die Billboard Chart Immortality

I am so pleased with this. I came on board the Lana train right after SNL and I am so proud that she has persevered . I have spent many days Googling "Lana Del Rey" and even challenged some people on line early on. Replying to the endless articles about her which analyzed her as though they were all writing master's thesis on this strange phenomenon known as Lana Del Rey. :facepalm: Do you remember those days. It was really quite unbelievable! Long, long articles trying to locate Lana's place and impact on society!!! Helppppppppppppp. It would drive me crazy.

I stopped putting in my 2 cents as it serves no purpose. 

She did it!! We love you Lana, we really do.    :aw:

Born to Die has 301​ weeks as of the brand new Jan 27, 2018 chart 

Born to Die at #139

Lust for life at #160

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

updated to include the new chart-

​Lana has 303 weeks and is now in 19th place.

updated to include the new chart-

​Lana has 303 weeks and is now in 19th place.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Lana now has passed 3 BILLION plays on all youtube outlets

and in Germany, Born to Die is 7 times platinum

(edit- I originally wrote 300 Million changed it to billions but messed up- it is 3 Billlion not 300 million

Born to Die has 304 weeks on the chart as of the Feb. 17,  chart

next week Born to die charts, it will equal then surpass the original 1955  Oklahoma movie soundtrack which has 305 weeks and included the legendary Academy Award Winner Shirley Jones in the female lead.) (Shirley later on starred as Mrs. Partridge in the Partridge Family which also starred David Cassidy, her step son)

next chart to be released Wed. (as Monday is a US federal holiday pushing the release of the chart to Wed. instead of Tuesday

Feb. 24, 2018 Billboard 200 chart-  Born to die now has 305 weeks and now in 18th place and the OP is updated to show it