Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

i know it's still early but what are yalls theories on the sound of the next album? like born to die has hip hop influences, ultraviolence has rock, honeymoon is romantic and dreamy, lust for life is sorta all over the place. so what do you think is next? i honestly don't know where she's going from here tbh

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

i know it's still early but what are yalls theories on the sound of the next album? like born to die has hip hop influences, ultraviolence has rock, honeymoon is romantic and dreamy, lust for life is sorta all over the place. so what do you think is next? i honestly don't know where she's going from here tbh

okay in all honesty , i don't understand the "hip hop" influences on Born To Die . maybe i'm deaf to the production of different hip hop since the only hip hop i hear now is mainstream and has the same production continuously , but i hear more orchestral influence . besides the "YUPPPPPP" in the background on some songs it's hard to find hip hop . i do hope we get some rock for the next album with electric guitars and drums and ugf .

giphy.gif

for the next record:

I would love if it weaved poetic influences into the record

I hope it has a similar aesthetic between UV and Paradise...

I really loved the lyrical content of both,

it was quite Subversive (not super mainstream) & All of Paradise is lyrically iconic. 

Personally, life is difficult and I like to listen to music that I can relate to, music that makes me feel not so alone in life.

And I find Paradise/UV comforts me the best. title track of BTD does too; as well as video games

okay in all honesty , i don't understand the "hip hop" influences on Born To Die . maybe i'm deaf to the production of different hip hop since the only hip hop i hear now is mainstream and has the same production continuously , but i hear more orchestral influence . besides the "YUPPPPPP" in the background on some songs it's hard to find hip hop . i do hope we get some rock for the next album with electric guitars and drums and ugf .

I don't really listen to much hip-hop at all so idk. I always assumed there was a slight hip hop influence there.

I agree. Rock Lana is the best Lana.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I want a surf rock, more 50's glamour California sound. Something like the fake snippet of Love from January that sounded very beach-y and like a mature Lizzy (a la Kill Kill or Trash Magic demo)

My icon is an aesthetic I'd like for LDR6, maybe a title like "Good Vibrations."

I was saying it in another thread, but it's very possible, as "into the blue" (AKA water AKA being freed) is a jumping off point for LDR6, and the end of Get Free is basically what you hear at the beach, so   :whatever2:

When do ya'll genuinly think LDR6 will be released? Do you think maybe sometime next year like she did with HM after UV. Or do u think she'll wait 2 years agaon like with lust for life?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

When do ya'll genuinly think LDR6 will be released? Do you think maybe sometime next year like she did with HM after UV. Or do u think she'll wait 2 years agaon like with lust for life?

Early 2019 maybe :flutter:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

for the next record:

I would love if it weaved poetic influences into the record

I hope it has a similar aesthetic between UV and Paradise...

I really loved the lyrical content of both,

it was quite Subversive (not super mainstream) & All of Paradise is lyrically iconic. 

Personally, life is difficult and I like to listen to music that I can relate to, music that makes me feel not so alone in life.

And I find Paradise/UV comforts me the best. title track of BTD does too; as well as video games

I want to applaud this post

I'm hoping this tour doesn't drag on, tours are boring and i say this only because she's not coming to the uk and im bitter. Can't wait till it's over :hooker:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I want a surf rock, more 50's glamour California sound. Something like the fake snippet of Love from January that sounded very beach-y and like a mature Lizzy (a la Kill Kill or Trash Magic demo)

My icon is an aesthetic I'd like for LDR6, maybe a title like "Good Vibrations."

I was saying it in another thread, but it's very possible, as "into the blue" (AKA water AKA being freed) is a jumping off point for LDR6, and the end of Get Free is basically what you hear at the beach, so   :whatever2:

I love stans with taste. SURF ROCK LANA

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

I'm kinda hoping for Autumn 2018

Autumn 2018 seems kinda early tbh... I say February - May 2019

Adam Levine sings better

Not when "What Lovers Do" exists. What an obnoxious song. Anyway this thread is not for that flop lmao

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I'm thinking latest July 2019, but definitely not before March 2019.

She's going to be touring as well, so I feel like the wait will be similar to the wait between Paradise and UV

I wanted so badly to take seriously that follow-up EP with the surf rock beach sounds, it would've been amazing, but I just have a feeling that the LFL era's going to be longer than we already expect.

She'll announce the EP at her last tour show

I'm really believing that we will get some kind of interval before the next full album, whether that be an EP, short film or movie soundtrack kind of thing

So my hopes for the next full album aren't until late 2019 at the earliest

Autumn 2018 seems kinda early tbh... I say February - May 2019

oh ok so July 2019? wig

:creep:

She'll announce the EP at her last tour show

I'm really believing that we will get some kind of interval before the next full album, whether that be an EP, short film or movie soundtrack kind of thing

So my hopes for the next full album aren't until late 2019 at the earliest

Be her manager, u have my support  :heart: Wait, except for the late 2019 part  :icant:

UV/Honeymoon