𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔬

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGlimmering By The Swimming Pool
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 64d 19h 46m 23s

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:28 PM

i know this is old news but rip cherry vid! did she ever actually film anything for it? for some reason my brain connects cherry vid rumors w that ig post of her marina fka twigs and that other girl, idk what happened w that tho. i think it was just people being excited but idk i jus remembered about this and i'm curious if we had any confirmed information about the mv

• LemonadeHeavens likes this

UbsOye5.png

#16602 OFFLINE   GeminiLanaFan

GeminiLanaFan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 15d 5h 44m 29s

Posted 29 November 2018 - 11:19 AM

i know this is old news but rip cherry vid! did she ever actually film anything for it? for some reason my brain connects cherry vid rumors w that ig post of her marina fka twigs and that other girl, idk what happened w that tho. i think it was just people being excited but idk i jus remembered about this and i'm curious if we had any confirmed information about the mv

I dont’ Think it got passed the point of collecting objects to use them in it (remember the posts with the lighter?)

#16603 OFFLINE   slang

slang

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Time Online: 57d 10h 23m 35s

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:20 AM

My last in a "trilogy-of-terrible" for this thread, commemorating the leaving of the LFL era. I think the era was just fine, btw. Although this post is the most WTF of the three, as often said in movie trailers, it is based on a true story.

I recently finished Lust for Life (Irving Stone, 1934), the famous Van Gogh bio-novel, which LDR's last album-title prompted me to read. I was surprised by the amount of similarity I could notice between the lives of Vincent Van Gogh and LDR, that is: both coming from a well-to-do family, having a strong supportive sibling relationship, interest in doing significant social work, penchant for doomed love relationships, and Paul Gauguin as Lady Gaga. However, I hope that the mental-illness and untimely demise elements remain forever unshared.

Also near the end of the book, Vincent is painting a landscape in Arles and meets a mysterious woman, Maya, who apparently has been spying on him, extensively and covertly, all the while he's been learning to become a painter. From the description, I highly suspect a time-travelling mental incarnate (aka hallucination) of May Jailer. Shortly thereafter (and near the end of Vincent's life), Dr. Felix Rey (heh, heh, heh "happy Lana") treats Van Gogh for mental instability, but unlike Maya, this dude existed (I found him in Wikipedia). So it seems LDR can be trans-gender, as well as corporeally and mentally time-travel. The mind boggles at her powers.

• ivy and LanaFlowers like this

#16604 OFFLINE   baddisease

baddisease

The #1 Melanie Martinez Stan on Lanaboards

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Locationthe burbs
  • Fan Since:The Lana Del Rey EP
  • Time Online: 66d 7h 40m 47s

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:35 AM

Honestly, I don't think that LFL was as bad as people claim that it was.

• GeminiLanaFan likes this

giphy.giff2f35cf704d7df0032d96b60a4341857--chloe-tenor.gif?itemid=5799591

#16605 OFFLINE   LemonadeHeavens

LemonadeHeavens

Voodoo Mississippi South

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Fan Since:2015
  • Time Online: 11d 4h 33m 28s

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:39 AM

Honestly, I don't think that LFL was as bad as people claim that it was.

I think it's more so underwhelming compared to her previous records

• Clampigirl, paradisetropico and LanaFlowers like this

giphy.gif

#16606 OFFLINE   arkansan

arkansan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 4d 16h 57m

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:02 PM

i dont hate lfl. i do find it to be a weak point in her discography, but even then i find born to die (in terms of sound + lyrics) to be even weaker and much less mature. what breaks my heart about the lfl era is how lana couldnt come up with one specific theme for the album... and concept albums are like, her thing. but the theme for lfl was all over the place and i believe thats what made her add last-minute reckless collabs and production changes to songs, making lfl sound the way it did

i constantly sit and wonder what the original lfl was supposed to be. was it supposed to be 60s/70s woodstock and nature themed with daisies and flower crowns? was it supposed to be futuristic with space & technology themes like in the love music video? was it supposed to be witchy and reference wicca, hence the "spell" pictures, lfl album trailer where shes a witch, and a collab with stevie nicks? was it supposed to be a melodramatic & attitude-filled transition to more modern hip-hop and traps beats to reflect current pop culture? was it supposed to be patriotic, hence god bless america, and old-fashioned with acoustics guitars and mustangs? like... what was lust for life intended to be ??

either we will never know, or lana held onto the concepts and saved them for a future record that could potentially be norman fucking rockwell

(basically what im saying is she had 5 or 6 wonderful album concepts and then tried to smash them all together and ended up making lfl more of a disappointing mess than it should have been)

• LanaFlowers and UltraHeroin like this

tumblr_inline_p7g3g992X51rujz3w_250.gif

#16607 OFFLINE   UltraHeroin

UltraHeroin

Fresh out of fucks forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationWhere the ocean and the stars meet
  • Fan Since:2015
  • Time Online: 74d 13h 58m 17s

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:54 PM

i dont hate lfl. i do find it to be a weak point in her discography, but even then i find born to die (in terms of sound + lyrics) to be even weaker and much less mature. what breaks my heart about the lfl era is how lana couldnt come up with one specific theme for the album... and concept albums are like, her thing. but the theme for lfl was all over the place and i believe thats what made her add last-minute reckless collabs and production changes to songs, making lfl sound the way it did

i constantly sit and wonder what the original lfl was supposed to be. was it supposed to be 60s/70s woodstock and nature themed with daisies and flower crowns? was it supposed to be futuristic with space & technology themes like in the love music video? was it supposed to be witchy and reference wicca, hence the "spell" pictures, lfl album trailer where shes a witch, and a collab with stevie nicks? was it supposed to be a melodramatic & attitude-filled transition to more modern hip-hop and traps beats to reflect current pop culture? was it supposed to be patriotic, hence god bless america, and old-fashioned with acoustics guitars and mustangs? like... what was lust for life intended to be ??

either we will never know, or lana held onto the concepts and saved them for a future record that could potentially be norman fucking rockwell

(basically what im saying is she had 5 or 6 wonderful album concepts and then tried to smash them all together and ended up making lfl more of a disappointing mess than it should have been)

Amazing post. My thoughts exactly 

• LanaFlowers and arkansan like this

My body is stuck in the ocean~~~tumblr_oo739iaDzM1v31k7mo1_500.png My mind is lost in the universe*** 

#16608 OFFLINE   cherryblossoms

cherryblossoms

Beautiful Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Fan Since:Late 2014
  • Time Online: 136d 13h 55m 9s

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:40 PM

i constantly sit and wonder what the original lfl was supposed to be. was it supposed to be 60s/70s woodstock and nature themed with daisies and flower crowns? was it supposed to be futuristic with space & technology themes like in the love music video? was it supposed to be witchy and reference wicca, hence the "spell" pictures, lfl album trailer where shes a witch, and a collab with stevie nicks? was it supposed to be a melodramatic & attitude-filled transition to more modern hip-hop and traps beats to reflect current pop culture? was it supposed to be patriotic, hence god bless america, and old-fashioned with acoustics guitars and mustangs? like... what was lust for life intended to be ??

Well based on everything she’s said about the writing process, it was supposed to be more in the vein of Honeymoon sound-wise with early Joan Baez and Shangri-Las influences. But after all the political turmoil she wanted to “update” the sound so it would be more connected to the present or something.
So yeah. It’s really anyone’s guess but I’m inclined to believe it was a hybrid of more guitar/folk oriented tracks (Yosemite, Architecture) alongside tracks that had a similar vibe to Honeymoon (explains the orchestral sound in the demo versions of Love & 13 Beaches)

Older tracklists of LFL probably featured these songs as they were the earliest songs written for the record:
Love
13 Beaches
Groupie Love
Get Free / Malibu
Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
Heroin
Yosemite
Architecture

Interesting bit where she talks about why the theme of LFL changed the way it did and wasn’t so serious.
“I’m thinking about that. It goes in line with how I thought I was going to be in this more grown-up zone [writing this record], but actually I’m still somewhere right in the middle. When I think of that song I think of nighttime and this idea of, I don’t know, breaking into somewhere and carving up and kissing. That’s fun for me; like the place where I’m not 100 per cent in something really solid relationship-wise, where you’re still going out and meeting new people and all that stuff. And also, this Hollywood-centric environment is still an important thing that gives me life, being in town and the characters and the constant heatwave. It’s a little bit of a cliché – I totally get it; but I still feel like it enhances something in me that’s already cooking.”
  • ivy, LanaFlowers and arkansan like this

Me and my boyfriend, we are a new kind of fun

#16609 OFFLINE   annedauphine

annedauphine

Daytona Mess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts
  • LocationPARIS YO
  • Fan Since:December 2014
  • Time Online: 366d 6h 39m 19s

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:52 AM

In late 2014 / early 2015 I wrote a poem rhyming summer with bummer and I think about that CONSTANTLY

• SlowGinFizzzz, LanaFlowers, LemonadeHeavens and 1 other like this

Pxkxlst.png

#16610 OFFLINE   WildMustang

WildMustang

motorcycle love divine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 261d 8h 2m 53s

Posted Yesterday, 05:08 PM

13 beaches could have been that song but someone messed up with the production in chorus..the verses are amazing
  • BlueBaby likes this

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)