surfnoirswing

Lana Featured on Jonathan Wilson's New Album

I listened to both songs a couple times. They’re so damn long omg. Not bad background noise though. Maybe she was involved in production/writing of these songs?

His insta post is still up And the caption has more info than the tweet.

https://instagram.com/p/BelXu_fhYWN/

It says “a tiny smidge” of Lana so I doubt it’s more than background vocals.

I listened to both songs a couple times. They’re so damn long omg. Not bad background noise though. Maybe she was involved in production/writing of these songs?

His insta post is still up And the caption has more info than the tweet.

https://instagram.com/p/BelXu_fhYWN/

It says “a tiny smidge” of Lana so I doubt it’s more than background vocals.

Yeah I was originally thinking that she might have been involved with the production/writing end because I thought that I remembered her expressing an interest in production a couple of times in interviews. But the way the caption in his insta post is worded it sounds like she might have done background vocals (though I'm not sure where in the song bc I've listened to it 3 times now the whole way through and didn't notice her anywhere lol)

Yeah I was originally thinking that she might have been involved with the production/writing end because I thought that I remembered her expressing an interest in production a couple of times in interviews. But the way the caption in his insta post is worded it sounds like she might have done background vocals (though I'm not sure where in the song bc I've listened to it 3 times now the whole way through and didn't notice her anywhere lol)

Lmao same I listened so many times. But I think in his caption he’s referring to the album as a whole not just the two songs because he says

“I added a drum/cymbal treatment used through Rare Birds, my Crumar bass, a tiny smidge of Lana del Rey, a few other bits and boom - the genesis of my new album Rare Birds.”

And she’s definitely on Living with Myself so I think that’s her only contribution.

Although I don’t like how he deletes posts and tweets about Lana because he gets so much of a response from it. I know we’re all annoying and he’d rather have his own fans, but we are your fans too now! I even pre ordered his vinyl!

Lmao same I listened so many times. But I think in his caption he’s referring to the album as a whole not just the two songs because he says

“I added a drum/cymbal treatment used through Rare Birds, my Crumar bass, a tiny smidge of Lana del Rey, a few other bits and boom - the genesis of my new album Rare Birds.”

And she’s definitely on Living with Myself so I think that’s her only contribution.

Although I don’t like how he deletes posts and tweets about Lana because he gets so much of a response from it. I know we’re all annoying and he’d rather have his own fans, but we are your fans too now! I even pre ordered his vinyl!

That makes more sense lol. Omg I literally preordered his vinyl too - I actually really like Over the Midnight a lot and I've been listening to it quite a bit since december. I've listened to Loving You a few more times but I'm still warming up to it haha I can't wait to hear Living with Myself!

I love this song a lot (not too mad about the chorus, it seems harsher compared to the rest of the song) but it's very relaxing. Lana's involvement is pretty dissapointing. She got more lines in the BORNS song.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I love this song a lot (not too mad about the chorus, it seems harsher compared to the rest of the song) but it's very relaxing. Lana's involvement is pretty dissapointing. She got more lines in the BORNS song.

Agreed, makes me think he’s just using her for promo..