Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i relate to so much lines and concepts from this album that i need it right now. ive been more depressed than ever and i just need that comfort that MAC gives me.

sometimes it feels like you guys have no idea what depression really is

Some of us do and not like "oh damn, I'm depressed cause album isn't coming out" but like actual medical grade shit

Stripped of my own life

Some of us do and not like "oh damn, I'm depressed cause album isn't coming out" but like actual medical grade shit

Actually my post was about the greedy and selfish attitude of most fans who are not willing to take a minute to understand and appreciate the music we got so far even if the era is shit. The way she writes and sings and the themes she's dealing with. One cannot call a song shit or simply compare it to her past music when it's obviously not shit and comparing songs is like comparing feelings.

*moaning*

All of my, all of my fine china

*moaning*

*moaning*

Fine china

Fine china

Fine china

Fresh linen

Fresh linen

Fresh linen

Ahhh—-ahh-ahhhh

Ahhh—-ahh-ahhhh

Lanaboards: omg, NFR will never compare to the lyrical majesty of her unreleased piano ballads

You may need this

cherry_picker.jpg

I’m going down now

With all my fine china and fresh linen

All of my dresses with them tags still on them

Fine china and dull silver

My white horses and my ivory almonds

I guess they really got the best of us, didn’t they?

They said that love was enough but it wasn’t

The earth shattered, the sky opened

That rain was fire but we were wooden

How can you not love these lyrics though? Some of Lana’s best imagery and one of her most emotive songs by far imo.

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Is it just me, or is the whole fandom fed up at this point? :awkney: I’ve seen more people on Twitter and Instagram asking for the album ever since peroxide became an icon and asked Ben on his insta, fans on Reddit seem to be pretty impatient too.

everyone except lanadelnews

What if the next single is HIAB with that recycled footage of Lana with the butterflies. I'm gonna be so done if it is

Shhh don’t spoil the NFR album trailer

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Interrupting your regularly scheduled programming to say this: I know this is a video game soundtrack but the sound of this is literally everything I want from Lana. 0:55 literally snatches me so hard and turns my body inside out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUHQRWTADpg

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Interrupting your regularly scheduled programming to say this: I know this is a video game soundtrack but the sound of this is literally everything I want from Lana. 0:55 literally snatches me so hard and turns my body inside out. 

Sounds like a cross of Lady Antebellum and Grimes, but I like how delicate it sounds 

Shhh don’t spoil the NFR album trailer

Hunty we've already gotten it  :icant: 

http://instagram.com/p/BsfNuY0juH7/

UV/Honeymoon

Always thought that the repetitive Fresh linen fresh linen part in Fine China is her weeping, not "laziness".

Anyway. How can I be the only one that has never liked Happiness is a butterfly. A no no from me.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

Fine China is her best unreleased and may just be one of the best songs she's ever made. Those who disagree and/or act shady towards it are fat, tasteless pig rats. I don't make the rules.

tenor.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Piano ballads can be as exciting and fun as you want them to be, it’s all about context. But these ballads are shit.

Like this is one of my fave songs, and stylistically, it’s similar to the songs from NFR. But it’s actually a good ballad.

Some others for you to enjoy:

I dreamt nfr came out and was 95% piano 'ballads' and cinnamon was less than 3 minutes long. Now I'm worried cinnamon will go the same way as white mustang lol cos that was a great song when she was teasing it and then it turned out to be nothing more than the snippets and yeah here we are now

I honestly clicked thinking this was a shitpost but like.. ....

aRiMXudbkTEUNqx-800x450-noPad.jpg?154187

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif