Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Lana kisses girls (including me motherfuckers :D ) all the time so I really don't see why she would be bothered by pronouns

Hillsong may be bothered tho :creep:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I honestly feel sorry for Lana (and this is coming from someone who’s been as pissed as the next person regarding this whole era). I truly feel like she poured her soul out for us on HIATD and NONE of us appreciated it. We’ve all been ungrateful/ begging for more/ harassing her from every avenue for months now. I didn’t really feel sorry for her up until this whole not showing up for the Met Gala situation. I know it sounds superficial, but I think this might be a cry for help on some level. I see her feeling disillusioned about something in a way (whether it be regarding fame, money, love, age, etc). I think we should really lay off, especially if we actually are getting a new song on May 20th (here’s hoping). I was the first to say I would never forgive Lana for this era, but now I’m having a change of heart. We all love her and no one else’s music has ever made us feel as understood as hers has. Shouldn’t that count for something more than our bitter petty jokes about Cha Cha Matcha and insta baddies on this trainwreck of a fan site??

giphy.gif

First of all, I think quite a few people LOVED Hope when it was first released. Then people got sick of it, then they realized it didn't mean NFR would be coming shortly after, and then the overall frustration we've all been feeling took over, making it yet another thing to pick apart. Personally, I'm still very much a fan of it, although I've definitely overplayed it and it's starting to sound stale. I will also say that the production is pure trash, and no I'm not talking about the fact that it's a stripped back piano ballad with raw-sounding vocals. I dig that. I just hate how it's not a song I can enjoy with my earphones because all the mistakes I can't help but notice ruin it. Anyway, do you really think she has spent the last few months reading every page of this sad ass thread, watching the love turn to boredom? How the hell would she know "NONE of us appreciated it"? She got positive comments on her social media and the song has done quite well on spotify considering the lack of promotion. Seriously. How would she even know?

Secondly, a cry for help? Fuck that. How about being open? How about being honest? Genuine? How about telling people how you feel instead of expecting them to be somehow 100% aware of what you're thinking, feeling and doing? How about that? If you're sinking deeper and deeper into depression every day, if you're crying and losing your mind over comments from people asking you about your album, if you wish it could all just go away... You could try doing this super weird quirky unconventional thing called "saying it". She has spent the last few months teasing us and lying to us, when she was perfectly capable of posting something along the lines of "Hey guys, I know I said I was working on a new album, but I'm a nervous wreck and I need to take a break to focus on my mental health & my personal life. Hope you understand."

And we would have understood. Most of us, at least. She's clearly struggling. But it's ridiculous to try and make her out as this sad little wraith who is reduced to a sobbing mess every time she reads an ig comment from a disgruntled 14 year old telling her to release the album, and is so traumatized by this harrowing ordeal that she can't bring herself to make a public appearance.

She's not fine. But she's having fun, and she doesn't give a fuck. So let's not pretend that she does. She has been...offensively clear about this. She just doesn't care. This? This is literally her idea of fun. She said it herself. I don't see why I should feel sorry for her when she's living her best baddie life.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Tracklist?

Venice Bitch

Mariner’s Apartment Complex

Happiness Is A Butterfly

Hope Is A Dangerous Thing...

Doin’ Time

“in ur car I’m a star”

“u don’t have to be stronger than you really are”

How To Disappear

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Cinnamon

Unknown #1 (could be Bartender)

Unknown #2

? Unknown #3

This is assuming it’s 13 tracks long

What else am I missing?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

People didnt know Blue Velvet was a cover. And thats a classic. I doubt they will know this song. And its very catchy, it can do good for her.

Speak for yourself Blue Velvet was a #1 hit and covered by many not to mention influenced the name of the Lynch film  :facepalm:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Tracklist?

Venice Bitch

Happiness Is A Butterfly

Doin’ Time

“in ur car I’m a star”

How To Disappear

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Unknown #2

? Unknown #3

? Unknown #4

What else am I missing?

Cinnamooooon

Speak for yourself Blue Velvet was a #1 hit and covered by many not to mention influenced the name of the Lynch film  :facepalm:

I think they meant amongst the younger fans who listen to Lana didn't know it was a cover.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Tracklist?

Venice Bitch

Happiness Is A Butterfly

Doin’ Time

“in ur car I’m a star”

How To Disappear

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Unknown #2

? Unknown #3

? Unknown #4

What else am I missing?

You didn't just forgot the one song that makes life worth living :creep:

ZKcaooE.png

Tracklist?

Venice Bitch

Happiness Is A Butterfly

Doin’ Time

“in ur car I’m a star”

How To Disappear

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Unknown #2

? Unknown #3

? Unknown #4

What else am I missing?

You forgot about Cinnamon, but that's the only thing you're missing, as far as I can tell.

If she really releases a cover as the lead single of the album I'm unstanning I'm not even joking I'm tired of her antics

that's the spirit

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.