Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

*Wendy Williams voice* Bradley Cooper has ONE grammy. Lana Del Rey has NONE.

It's unlucky that Lana doesn't have one, and it sucks, but I do think Bradley deserves his. Shallow is a stunning song and got what it deserved.

Thinking about the 2020 Grammys when NFR wins AOTY and the presenter says, "Norman ..... Rockwell! Lana Del Rey!"

someone get Gaga to present and make sure she sniffs more coke beforehand then we'll get the full name! a concept! 

do you think she's gonna get nominated for any Grammys next year?

Considering how St. Vincent went, I think it's possible in the alternative categories! I get the sense that NFR is going to be a fair bit less successful than LFL but possibly her most acclaimed album, and that may be reflected in the noms. But in any of the main categories, I doubt.

nice cocc bro

Seriously, all this combating between tastes - whether sincere or jokey - is getting so tired and old that we should all collectively call every song she's done both the best and worst so we can move on.

It's pretty immature, especially if there isn't any constructive discussion on why one feels the way they do.

tumblr_o311puvC6M1qk08n1o1_500.gif

Right? Like can we just all agree Lana Del Rey is an amazing artist and has done wonderful things? Why do we have to shove every song/album into a corner and tear it apart? Just enjoy the fucking music man. It's not that big of a deal. At the end of the day, Lana is falling asleep at night in egyptian cottons and after bathing in goats milk and honey. She won. Whether you like it or not, there's a fan for each and every song and album out there. I'm not trying to be some granola guru, but jeez imagine what this place would be like if everyone said nice things and had logical debates without having to go for the jugular and go for low blows. It just makes our fandom look, for lack of a better word, moronic. Is this how you want Lana Del Rey fans to be portrayed? Fighting eachother over which tune makes their ass shake more? Like damn. Enjoy the songs. Enjoy life. Spread some love. Simple as that. We're too young to be this bitter. Show Lana and your fellow Stans some peace.

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Does anyone like it when Katy Perry groans in some of her songs, like Demi Lovato does it, but it sounds inappropriate. I wonder if Lana'll have vocals on another track in the veins of Cola or how she mumble sings in World At War, the smokiness, HAWT. We need another slut track**** but I mean an abloom hey  :smokes4:   and I'm hoping Cinnamon's out to get us there  :smokes2:

UV/Honeymoon

why do none of these people ask her about the album

a mess  :facepalm: I would much rather have an at least somewhat genuine convo with Lana, even if it's just her gently explaining she wants to keep it relatively secret, than have a selfie. Fun fact I sat on a ferry next to Lorde! Melodrama is tied with LFL as my favourite album ever so I was totally shook but I didn't ask for selfies. We had a couple of nice convos, she complimented the cake I was carrying and her dog licked me! My proudest moment  :hooker: and I don't need a selfie cos I ain't forgetting that any time soon.

Does anyone like it when Katy Perry groans in some of her songs, like Demi Lovato does it, but it sounds inappropriate. I wonder if Lana'll have vocals on another track in the veins of Cola or how she mumble sings in World At War, the smokiness, HAWT. We need another slut album and I'm hoping Cinnamon's out to get us there  :smokes2:

basically we want her to record stunning vocals for the entire album, then smoke a shit ton of weed with rocky and record some backing vocals  :hooker:

nice cocc bro

Right? Like can we just all agree Lana Del Rey is an amazing artist and has done wonderful things? Why do we have to shove every song/album into a corner and tear it apart? Just enjoy the fucking music man. It's not that big of a deal. At the end of the day, Lana is falling asleep at night in egyptian cottons and after bathing in goats milk and honey. She won. Whether you like it or not, there's a fan for each and every song and album out there. I'm not trying to be some granola guru, but jeez imagine what this place would be like if everyone said nice things and had logical debates without having to go for the jugular and go for low blows. It just makes our fandom look, for lack of a better word, moronic. Is this how you want Lana Del Rey fans to be portrayed? Fighting eachother over which tune makes their ass shake more? Like damn. Enjoy the songs. Enjoy life. Spread some love. Simple as that. We're too young to be this bitter. Show Lana and your fellow Stans some peace.

Preach. 

There's so much we could be talking about and discussing concerning NFR that's really good for her. Even with the promo-related issues and lack of communication/promotion, the general buzz on this upcoming album is putting her in a place she's fought her way toward since 2012. 

She's moving up. Why can't we discuss that? Why can't we dissect why her recent music has done this?

Hell, I don't looovee L4L, but it'd be nice to discuss why the critical tides have changed on her after making it. 

Also, I think one of the more undervalued elements of her three "fan singles" on NFR is the lack of analysis on her lyrics. Some do it, but it's rare in all these 980 pages. It's a real bummer. 

May I remind you

"lana "stranger than a stranger" del rey is dead. anyone complaining about her not wearing the beehive hair is a dirty capitalist who buys sweatshop off-white knockoffs. anyone who can't see the value of the last three singles in her career doesnt deserve to stan"

You threw Freak, Honeymoon, BTD and all of its fans under the bus sis. "dirty capitalist who buys sweatshop off-white knockoffs." This statement is literally you trying to make people feel ashamed of what they enjoy by reducing them to said statements. "anyone who can't see the value of the last three singles in her career doesnt deserve to stan" again, everyone doesn't have to like the same things. Some people might not like the last three singles, and that's their prerogative. Imagine how boring the world would be if we all liked the same stuff and dressed the same. I'm just reminding you, you don't have to put others down in order to rectify your own opinions. It just makes you seem bitter and closed minded, that's all. :kiss: sending you love though

...........anyway

go continue your gratuitous lecture on that bus you speak of

51656864_1496182223859096_71311406434468

I just wish everyone understood that:

"VB sucks, MAC is miles ahead. Anyone who enjoys it is a fucking dumb cunt and deserves to die"

Is a cheap sentiment. Why not, I don't know, act civilized and say:

"I can see why you enjoy VB, but in my personal tastes I like MAC better than VB because *insert all the reasons why you love the song without slandering the other song*"

I mean, it doesn't take that many brain cells to express your love for something in a constructive way, and it also makes your opinion more credible. It's not that hard to be a good person guys. :smokes:

...........anyway

go continue your gratuitous lecture on that bus you speak of

51656864_1496182223859096_71311406434468

Bravo mate! What a conversation, but no thank you! I'll be here :kiss:

Being constructive and backing an opinion up is better ways of getting new fans to see what you love so dearly about the things they don't like, and vice versa. 

Emphasis on the word constructive here. 

What is the end goal of telling somebody they have no taste? How is that even a valid sentiment at all? There's nothing to gain from that other than the smarter kids in the room standing in the corner rolling their eyes and realizing how petty it is. 

Being constructive and backing an opinion up is better ways of getting new fans to see what you love so dearly about the things they don't like, and vice versa.

Emphasis on the word constructive here.

What is the end goal of telling somebody they have no taste? How is that even a valid sentiment at all?

I think people just genuinely like getting under others skin, rather than actually trying to preach their case. The sad part is, most of the time if you start a sentence with "you're dumb if you like", you're not going to be convincing too many people. :what: I just don't understand the fun in signing up for a website all about Lana, and then shitting on 3/4 of her career :awkney:

I think people just genuinely like getting under others skin, rather than actually trying to preach their case. The sad part is, most of the time if you start a sentence with "you're dumb if you like", you're not going to be convincing too many people. :what: I just don't understand the fun in signing up for a website all about Lana, and then shitting on 3/4 of her career :awkney:

GASP! It's almost like it makes it understandable why celebrities have such a difficult time with their fans and often go nuts.  :hdu:

GASP! It's almost like it makes it understandable why celebrities have such a difficult time with their fans and often go nuts. :hdu:

I just wish the school systems would better educate people on how powerful language and words can be, rather than simply being a means of communication. Do English classes still teach students how to properly debate/persuade people in discussions? I'm honestly curious :thumb3:

There're deffo many ways to grind peoples' gears, so there's that. And I can't believe that I'm even having to address this but. I think honeydew was tryna flex their appreciation for the upcoming record, which is fair, I mean yay check it 980 pages of the NFR thread so ok cool. and I get Peroxide's point, definitely, but it seems like it was taken disproportionately, since it seems Dew had such a strong reaction n response to what Dew might've not even come across to thinking about doing.

Type up some x's and o's peeps, if u guys still feel the need to quarrel, send each other a pm or something. It's stifling the thread a bit. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only feeling n thinking so (side note, imagine they already came up w tech that produced certain smells, for media, etc like WOW, w a multi coordination, similar to how colors are swatched from digits from blue green and red, TM'ing this thought right now.. ) 

So, each work deserves their own praise and respect. I wanna know exactly what we'll be appreciating when the record comes out, and when the next single's coming what it is. Any significant updates? I kinda got lost a few pages back 

UV/Honeymoon

There're deffo many ways to grind peoples' gears, so there's that. And I can't believe that I'm even having to address this but. I think honeydew was tryna flex their appreciation for the upcoming record, which is fair, I mean yay check it 980 pages of the NFR thread so ok cool. and I get Peroxide's point, definitely, but it seems like it was taken disproportionately, since it seems Dew had such a strong reaction n response to what Dew might've not even come across to thinking about doing.

Type up some x's and o's peeps, if u guys still feel the need to quarrel, send each other a pm or something. It's stifling the thread a bit. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only feeling n thinking so (side note, imagine they already came up w tech that produced certain smells, for media, etc like WOW, w a multi coordination, similar to how colors are swatched from digits from blue green and red, TM'ing this thought right now.. )

So, each work deserves their own praise and respect. I wanna know exactly what we'll be appreciating when the record comes out, and when the next single's coming what it is. Any significant updates? I kinda got lost a few pages back

Sorry for my rant haha I get passionate :thumb:

On a positive note, I can't wait for Cinnamon. It honestly gives me chills

Sorry for my rant haha I get passionate :thumb:

On a positive note, I can't wait for Cinnamon. It honestly gives me chills

Hahahahahahahaha nah it's fine I personally like it but just yeah, feelings, tricky. Ughhhhh yessssssss I really do hope she's the sloot track of the record, We just need one rn, that instrumental, I'm gripping for itttt 

UV/Honeymoon

Baha Men's "Who Let the Dogs Out?" won a Grammy, for chrissake. 

that was a musical fucking masterpiece watch ur mouth