Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Baha Men's "Who Let the Dogs Out?" won a Grammy, for chrissake.

I still can't believe the song is literally a metaphor for dog faced women/bitches being at a club

Hence the "who let's the dogs out?"

Weird to think a song with a meaning like that was praised back in its day. I'm just glad that feminism has finally been making its way into mainstream culture :biblio: it's been long enough

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Why not, I don't know, act civilized and say:

"I can see why you enjoy VB, but in my personal tastes I like MAC better than VB because *insert all the reasons why you love the song without slandering the other song*"

I mean, it doesn't take that many brain cells to express your love for something in a constructive way, and it also makes your opinion more credible. It's not that hard to be a good person guys. :smokes:

Sorry for reviving this discussion, I just wanted to say that I appreciate your wish for a sincere, objective discussion on Lana's discography. But if that's going to happen, we also need to pay less attention to the flamebait posts that aim to stir shit and get quoted  :oprah3:  There are several users here who thrive on the attention and relevancy they get from making provocative posts (e.g. that one user who hates TNC). And it's not that shocking, because it's a lot easier (and exciting) to engage in a discussion when you disagree on something. Anything else demands more cognition than people are willing or able to invest on this lil stan forum  :um2:  . 

I don't think that's something that will ever change, it's just the nature of (1) the people who are attracted to this forum, and (2) the forum culture as influenced not only by past & present users, but also its structure, design, rules and features. Although I'm sure if Elle puts a bit more effort into rethinking these aspects, or at least delegates that task to someone else, there might be hope.  :tsk:

I’m confused, does Lana have a Grammy for the Summertime Sadness remix or not? I always though she did but according to Wikipedia she doesn’t. But Cedric Gervais won in 2013...

I’m confused, does Lana have a Grammy for the Summertime Sadness remix or not? I always though she did but according to Wikipedia she doesn’t. But Cedric Gervais won in 2013...

I guess the grammy only counts as Cedric's award, which sucks

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

She does not. The Grammy for Best Remixed Recording only goes to the person who produced the remix. The original artist does not receive the award, unless they're the one who made the remix, like David Guetta, who won in 2010 by remixing his own song.

Even if both Lana and Cédric had received a Grammy for the Summertime Sadness remix, I'm pretty sure Lana would not count hers, considering how much she hates that remix. I mean, it is pretty much incompatible with everything Lana stands for musically, it just happens to be her vocals.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I'm genuinely confused with this era. Is she plotting something amazing that will just make us shocked or is she just saying "Ah fuk it". 

I can't think that she really just gave up putting effort. 

We know virtually nothing besides some alleged tracklisting and that this album won't be like lfl.

the rest of this thread is just all of us collectively having a breakdown that spans almost 1k pages.

I still can't believe the song is literally a metaphor for dog faced women/bitches being at a club

Hence the "who let's the dogs out?"

Weird to think a song with a meaning like that was praised back in its day. I'm just glad that feminism has finally been making its way into mainstream culture :biblio: it's been long enough

wait what? it's about someone asking who let all the lil puppies n dogs out lol

I wonder if the photo we got early on was the supposed album cover that Ben liked. Bc if so, I'd be glaaaaaaaad. I wonder what that thing she wanted to for the updated cover was 

if so, ben has no taste

ben pls :icant:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I know this is off topic but I have to say something about this Grammy mess.

Okay so we all here KNOW Lana was snubbed each time. This is why the Grammy's are bullshit. BTD has stayed on the Billboard charts for 300 WEEKS, next to Adele and Carole King. And now ya'll are telling me Duo Lingo won fucking TWO? I'm sorry but what the ACTUAL fuck???????

A grammy is supposed to be awarded to those who have made a real impact in the music industry. Lana paved the way for these modern alt pop girls, and we all know Duo is riding on Lana's bare back. The sheer AUDACITY.

anyways stream venice bitch

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven