Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

we all know were getting coachella 2.0 somewhere on this album and i am here for it! coachella is up at the top of my favorite tracks from LFL. 

"maybe my contribution could be as small as hoping, but words could turn to birds and birds would send my thoughts your way"

tenor.gif?itemid=3536046

what composition? most drone-y psych is improvisational, unstructured and sometimes even atonal. like Maggot Brain (song) is the former 2, even though it's still apples and oranges bc it's primarily funk. or, going back to PF, songs like Interstellar Overdrive or Astronomy Domine. that's the kind of psych Lana is taking from for VB.

well there you go. though it's surprising to me that you like Saucerful - and, i'm assuming, Set the controls for the heart of the sun - and still don't find anything interesting or compelling in the instrumentals of VB.

Just bc psychedelia has many discordant chords doesnt mean it isnt "composed". Syd composed majority of Interstellar Drive and there is an improvisation segue which is then cooled down by a riff Peter Jenner came up with prior to recording the song (aka not improvised and instead planned)

What exactly is interesting and compelling about Jack Antonoff's amateur guitar solo 

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

lmao the 3 people here with the sudden out of nowhere venice bitch hate  :toofunny: good sis is comfortably one of if not the most acclaimed song by critics and fans alike anyway chhh i bet y'all stan Ugly Mustank or artists like malaria martinez or belly acheish or slayter or sumn

anyhows can we go back to the Ben slander i was njoying that

I haven't listened to a single Melanie Martinez, Billie Ellish or Slayter song, I don't even know who Slayter is, I just keep seeing their thread bumped on here lol. I do love White Mustang but I always change the lyrics in my head because the original ones are fucking stupid no offense.

does g sleazeball even have a white mustang smh

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

we all know were getting coachella 2.0 somewhere on this album and i am here for it! coachella is up at the top of my favorite tracks from LFL. 

"maybe my contribution could be as small as hoping, but words can turn to birds and birds would send my thoughts your way"

tenor.gif?itemid=3536046

honestly the sound of Coachella is bad, just the production choice is very questionable

I haven't listened to a single Melanie Martinez, Billie Ellish or Slayter song, I don't even know who Slayter is, I just keep seeing their thread bumped on here lol. I do love White Mustang but I always change the lyrics in my head because the original ones are fucking stupid no offense.

does g sleazeball even have a white mustang smh

White Mustank is Lana on autopilot. She truly ran out of shit to write about at that point

I would just like to say that if you think that Venice Pig is one of the best songs & the instrumental is very inspired or something you've never heard before - you haven't heard much good music & need to be educated in indie music.

Apart from the guitar & the short vocal improvisation part in the later half of the song, there is NOTHING psychedelic about it - the lyrics or the melody... so PLEASE!

While one the other hand MAC is something!

lana now would be a good time to release those folk records (bar & yosemite) you talked about while we are waiting... 

she's promised us so many things girl the fuck

Coachella wasn't even bad it was a cute rnb song with motivational lyrics that actually had some relevance to ongoing world events-some of you just hated it because you thought it would be acoustic and followed the pack of members on here it seems.

I would just like to say that if you think that Venice Pig is one of the best songs & the instrumental is very inspired or something you've never heard before - you haven't heard much good music & need to be educated in indie music.

Apart from the guitar & the short vocal improvisation part in the later half of the song, there is NOTHING psychedelic about it - the lyrics or the melody... so PLEASE!

Screaming

Imagine she released it without Jack Antonoff's amateur outro 

It'd receive the same feedback as the other songs from this era. Boring & uninspired

So since everyone ignores Venice's verses (with good reason) I guess those who accredit Lana for Venice Pig's outro should really kiss Jack's toes for that lame "psYcHeDELic experiEncE" since Lana struggles to play even Yayo on the guitar

Coachella wasn't even bad it was a cute rnb song with motivational lyrics that actually had some relevance to ongoing world events-some of you just hated it because you thought it would be acoustic and followed the pack of members on here it seems.

honestly the “political statement” she tried to work out in the song was shallow and forced

While one the other hand MAC is something!

YES!

i just skimmed these last five pages of bullshit. if you hate venice bitch, DONT LISTEN TO THE SONG. it’s that simple. no need to bash on each other’s opinions. not every lana song is for everyone. we’re all entitled to our own thoughts without bashing others. thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Roachella was Lana roleplaying that "won't somebody please think of the children" bitch from The Simpsons

I don't remember anyone hoping it would be acoustic but I do remember people hoping it would be psychedelic (and not the boring type like Venice Pig)

i just skimmed these last five pages of bullshit. if you hate venice bitch, DONT LISTEN TO THE SONG. it’s that simple. no need to bash on each other’s opinions. not every lana song is for everyone. we’re all entitled to our own thoughts without bashing others. thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

I haven't seen anyone bashing another person regarding Venice Bitch today. It's all been pretty tame discussions. Where are u seeing people bashing one another?

honestly the “political statement” she tried to work out in the song was shallow and forced

eh not really there were many forced songs on that record and they were the ones trying to be classic lana records like white mustang,groupie love etc. The political ones actually showed growth and she seemed passionate about the subject matter even if she was/is very uneducated on the subject you could hear her passion for it which is more than I can say for most of the album.

Screaming

Imagine she released it without Jack Antonoff's amateur outro 

It'd receive the same feedback as the other songs from this era. Boring & uninspired

So since everyone ignores Venice's verses (with good reason) I guess those who accredit Lana for Venice Pig's outro should really kiss Jack's toes for that lame "psYcHeDELic experiEncE" since Lana struggles to play even Yayo on the guitar

You have the shittiest taste.

giphy.gif

Honestly we should petition for her to get new managers, it’s so obvious Dua is now their priority

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You