Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm guessing when the album drops given they planned to release this weekend and didn't ....

Possibly August 23 but I really don't think they will because of Taylor.

Tbh I don't think they actually care about chart positions when it comes to the singles because if they are realistic Lana is not that kind of artist and now that the songs are on the Internet anyway

Tbh I don't think they actually care about chart positions when it comes to the singles because if they are realistic Lana is not that kind of artist and now that the songs are on the Internet anyway

I didn't think so either, but why wasn't it released this weekend?

She might also drop it randomly on Tuesday or some shit. That'd be just like her.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

The difference I found when it comes to UV narratives is that it seemed to be quite theatrical too (it was her second album, so she was still on the top of the creating-her-persona process). The production was huge -not in a bad way or meaning overproduced, I mean that it created very crafted atmospheres, it had a very wide sound-, so the thing exploded and Lana was there playing so many different roles. But in this case, I think it's just Lana trying to get her pieces together. There's no trail of the opulency of her previous sound. t's just her accompanied by very minimalistic and delicate music. She sounds so, so vulnerable. 

The thing with NFR is that lyrically she seems to have taken more risks. People say the lyrical content is more direct ("basic" lol) but I just think it's her honesty talking. It feels like she's approached writing differently and build the tracks around the melodies and lyrics rather than having fun with the melody to the music (as I think Honeymoon was written) or writing from a specific perspective in mind (UV's universe). It would also explain her poetry - she started writing from the bottom of her heart instead of going with the fantasy. That's why these songs seem to be on a new level of vulnerable even given her heartbreaking lyrical catalogue as a whole

Keep in mind that these are my assumptions and assumptions only

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

my favorite thing about NFR is how vulnerable she's making herself. along with her writing and vocals! i love how personal every track feels, and nobody can pass her over as "keeping with the trends" (which was LFL's biggest fault) because she's made another original sound for herself which will definitely influence the charts like it has before (BTD/UV). although, i know she won't chart that high, i feel like people will go back to this root of music for future reference and we'll finally leave the trap phase we've been going through. 

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

my favorite thing about NFR is how vulnerable she's making herself. along with her writing and vocals! i love how personal every track feels, and nobody can pass her over as "keeping with the trends" (which was LFL's biggest fault) because she's made another original sound for herself which will definitely influence the charts like it has before (BTD/UV). although, i know she won't chart that high, i feel like people will go back to this root of music for future reference and we'll finally leave the trap phase we've been going through. 

God Bless Jack - And All His Beautiful Musical Arrangements

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

God Bless Jack - And All His Beautiful Musical Arrangements

i think it also helps that she is FINALLY expanding her friends list. 

i love rick nowles, emile haynie, and all of her other close friend producers, but i hope this is a wake up call to her and how working with different artist can bring out the best of her. it's nice to see her stepping out of that comfort zone that she's so used to being in! 

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

Latevto the party but I just heard The Greatest and - WOW! I absolutely love it. The grandeur in her voice, the songeriting ... FIILY is nice aswell but TG is definitly my favourite track from the album so far (considering the ones we've heard in full)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

cAN I HAVE A LINK FOR BOTH SONGS ?

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by Elle
Please do not request to links to leaks of content set to be officially released.

giphy.gif

what is this Red hearse she put on her insta?

I thought it is new video and song

but I see U guys talk about fuck it and greatest

which of course I will not listen like anything before I buy the album

I really hope she has more stuff coming w jack in the future, I mean considering how much she’s been in the studio w him I wouldn’t be surprised. Imagine a follow up EP or smth.... or another album with him ugh

I’m getting ahead of myself but it’s pretty clear this album is gonna be one of her best pieces of work, I really hope she continues working w jack....

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I really hope she has more stuff coming w jack in the future, I mean considering how much she’s been in the studio w him I wouldn’t be surprised. Imagine a follow up EP or smth.... or another album with him ugh

I’m getting ahead of myself but it’s pretty clear this album is gonna be one of her best pieces of work, I really hope she continues working w jack....

The T

giphy.gif

me too. and Jack is an absolute studio nut... he produced Melodrama, LFL, reputation, his solo album and MASSEDUCTION in 2017, and in 2019 already he's done NFR, the Kevin Abstract album, Lover, and an album in a new trio he's part of (stream Red Hearse)

Jack Antonoff is a literal musical genius and I hope Lana keeps working with him but trying out new genres.

nice cocc bro