Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I don't think people are bashing the music this era, but bashing how messy the whole planning is, and I think that's 100% reasonable.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

https://youtu.be/xugdFZCBGW4

The piano in this snippet is better than the one in the live version, hope she kept it

Beautiful <3

I've had this theory that the John & Jim mentioned in HTD are actually Josh and Joe. Iirc she actually sang "Joe" instead of Jim one time so I was probably right about that, but I was listening to VG and you know what I noticed? I mean maybe it means nothing, but I think there could be a connection between the "open up a beer" line and "you just crack another beer" in HTD :flutter:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

We complain about everything, and it’s tiresome. Everyone shit on the UV era, and it’s so iconic in retrospect. The gorgeous WC and SoC videos, the imagery, the hypnotic live performances, endless magazine covers, etc.

Well I wasn't on lanaboards back then but I loved the UV era and never complained about it

I don't think people are bashing the music this era, but bashing how messy the whole planning is, and I think that's 100% reasonable.

The music is good, just the whole "fresh outta fucks for my label, fans and over all GP" isn't cute at all

I'm glad she's having fun, but she shouldn't have announced the album or put out music.

I would have rather seen her post these cute little posts of her swinging and driving, her living her matcha tea life, and then when she feels as though she's had enough fun and is ready, then start the era out. This isn't groundbreaking shit we're talking about.

Put out Mariner's Apartment Complex March 15th with beats 1 with an interview

Follow it up with the happy poem on the 20th.

A magazine interview the 26th.

April 7th Venice Bitch on BBC1 with an interview

Follow it up with a April 12th short radio interview for Virgin Radio or something and she and Jack are there to discuss how the record was made.

April 19th she releases another poem.

April 25th she poses for Billboard magazine dressed in some Granola outfit in her backyard, with an interview about how she feels she's matured and wants a quiet life now.

May 1st she releases Hope Is A Dangerous Thing as a fan single.

May 8th she performs HIADT, VB & MAC for Maida Vale.

May 16th she drops Happiness Is A Butterfly.

May 20 she drops Happiness Is A Butterfly music video.

May 26th she drops her poetry book alongside a tracklist for the album.

June 1st she posts the cover and a pre order link.

June 14th she finally releases NFR.

:wowcry: the era we deserved

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

The music is good, just the whole "fresh outta fucks for my label, fans and over all GP" isn't cute at all

I'm glad she's having fun, but she shouldn't have announced the album or put out music.

I would have rather seen her post these cute little posts of her swinging and driving, her living her matcha tea life, and then when she feels as though she's had enough fun and is ready, then start the era out. This isn't groundbreaking shit we're talking about.

Follow it up with a April 12th short radio interview for Virgin Radio or something and she and Jack are there to discuss how the record was made.

April 25th she poses for Billboard magazine dressed in some Granola outfit in her backyard, with an interview about how she feels she's matured and wants a quiet life now.

we were robbed

gretxora2.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Thought I was the only one who didn’t find the guy from WM that handsome. Hmm... does the LFL album trailer count? It was really good, especially compared to Honeymoon’s constant reusage of clips. We’re probably going to get the same reused clips compilation for NFR’s trailer...... if there will even be one......

yeah he's a bit...unfortunate looking. but that's a matter of preference i suppose. imagine how much better it would have been with chase as the male lead though :flutter:

we were robbed

gretxora2.gif

Like it's not like she has to call the interviewers and magazines like sis you hired Ben to do that. All you gotta do is throw on a track suit and some sun glasses and talk about your album for 10 minutes............ :biblio:

I personally found Ultraviolence and Honeymoon super underwhelming at the time of release but loved Lust for Life. My attitude has completely flipped now, thanks in part to a panic attack I had while listening to L4L lollll. But yeah, aside from the messiness I feel really good about this era. Lana has poured so much good energy into the creation of the music for this album. She's sober, has stopped smoking cigarettes, and seems like she's really out of her phase of seeking destructive relationships. Even without her new insta baddie/ writer girl shtick, I just have a really good feeling about the wholesomeness of this nevertheless painful and frustrating era.

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

In retrospect it definitely was great, but at the time it was underwhelming for us coming from the born to die/ paradise eras. At this point the bar is on the floor for exciting us though haha

I can definitely see her disappearing completely for 5-7 years after NFR, maybe posting random shit or getting tagged on friends' posts on ig from time to time....The bar would go UNDERGROUND :eartha: 

I personally found Ultraviolence and Honeymoon super underwhelming at the time of release but loved Lust for Life. My attitude has completely flipped now, thanks in part to a panic attack I had while listening to L4L lollll. But yeah, aside from the messiness I feel really good about this era. Lana has poured so much good energy into the creation of the music for this album. She's sober, has stopped smoking cigarettes, and seems like she's really out of her phase of seeking destructive relationships. Even without her new insta baddie/ writer girl shtick, I just have a really good feeling about the wholesomeness of this nevertheless painful and frustrating era.

Was she not going to a homophobic pedo rape cult church with her insta baddie friends while dating/seeing a guy who wants to make it in Hollywood and is presumably dating her just for that? :biblio: but yeah I'm happy for her, I just don't know if she really stopped making bad decisions or just told herself that she stopped. I'm glad about the no smoking part tho!

what if the mac cover is the album cover, it looks almost plausible and lana seems to like that picture quite a lot

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

This. The music, so far, has been really good imo. I even came to love HIAB, which I fucking hated when she first teased it

How come whenever I randomly come here the conversation is non stop going what the fuck do you guys talk about here there's no news

My thoughts exactly

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

lana hire @ as your manager challenge

This. The music, so far, has been really good imo. I even came to love HIAB, which I fucking hated when she first teased it

I still don't know how I feel about the "don't be a jerk don't call me a taxi" part. It's good but I find it kills the soft mood for the song. If anything I'm just gonna edit it out once it gets released and make it into its own song because they just sound disconnected in some way to me :poordat: I'm glad y'all are loving it though

Can't wait for Happiness Is A Butterfly and Dance With You :creep:

:um2:

what if the mac cover is the album cover, it looks almost plausible and lana seems to like that picture quite a lot

:nono: