Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

If u want more: @@salvatore : 2e0nrs6.jpgConey Island King: 2iu9aug.jpg

Peroxide: 34in3q0.jpg

Mods: 10fdkqo.jpg

every1 else: 4fwcio.jpg

me: 2ur09cj.jpg

13bitches: QAKFpPF.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

@@LanaFlowers I think the substance is still there, like the shoot could've been so much better, but the frames were shaky and not in a good way, and was filtered a bit too much that it seemed so faint. There was hardly any warmth from it. I personally love it bc it feels like visiting UO or something, and even if the scenery's a bit glum, the industrial vibes of it would've been so so much more killer, if it were set during sunset where things get more dramatic easier. That or richer color skies but all I can see in this is my mint shirt that I like to wear when I'm doing nothing, and melted pistachio ice cream, which doesn't scream happiness for me, or butterflies. 

Still need the song tho! 

13bitches: QAKFpPF.gif

Noted ~ iozyj4.jpg

UV/Honeymoon

idk why i feel like in your car turns into a psychedelic mess after what we've heard

idk why i feel like in your car turns into a psychedelic mess after what we've heard

I hope it stays peaceful and beautiful the way it starts.

giphy.gif

ooh well my bad! i thought that the the mgk and jesse collabs were gonna be on the album, if that's not the case well i'm happy lol. it wouldn't fit anyway

i rlly miss her REAL music videos. does anyone feel like the l4l clips almost feel like they aren't "real" or "don't count" among her other ones, like BtD & SoC? i mean you can't compare national anthem and white mustang for sure

I think Love was amazing, and I quite liked BAR too. Could have been better, with a sexier love interest and the actual song playing instead of WM, but it was good. I don't even remember the LFL video though, haven't watched it since it came out. Was there anything else?

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I- I can actually almost hear it when u said that, tried coming up w how it'd go after that part, maybe add another verse or so w more of a beat, but all I can think of is how similar it'd sound to VB's sing-rantings towards the end of the song 

The chords remind me of the same chords she used in the Blue Jeans video tho now that I think about it, hope the strings rip my heart out when we finally get the track. HtD's and Hope's chorus are heartbreaking 

I think Love was amazing, and I quite liked BAR too. Could have been better, with a sexier love interest and the actual song playing instead of WM, but it was good. I don't even remember the LFL video though, haven't watched it since it came out. Was there anything else?

Love was terrific. I made peace w/ the WM video, and LFL reminds me so much of Blockbuster idk why. I appreciate the whole vintage feel to it, and how they end up in a field of peonies (?). Her dancing w her dancers at the start was such a vibe. It was pretty stiff, but it worked? Idk, it just seemed right take into account them sitting on the Hollywood sign and everything 

UV/Honeymoon

idk how popular an opinion this will be, but i kinda wish she added BAR to NFR. maybe a slightly rearranged version, idk, but i think it would fit into what we know so far abt the mood/theme of NFR perfectly.

There are a few naive, delusional members such as myself who are hoping she reworked BAR into the NFR title track.

You know, I'm really not trying to insinuate anything about her old videos by the comparison I made. I've seen so many lana stans bash anyone with an opinion for daring to criticize this cHiLL lOwKeY gRaNoLa ViBeZ era, but like, she was mumbling demo lyrics in party city wigs in front of her laptop camera. And it was still cute as hell. Though you could definitely say her old videos are low quality, I wouldn't call them "low effort". I think they're very endearing, and wouldn't mind something similar for this era as well. I liked the snippet videos she posted on ig, those were cute too. But this parking lot mess is....something else :bye2:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

You know, I'm really not trying to insinuate anything about her old videos by the comparison I made. I've seen so many lana stans bash anyone with an opinion for daring to criticize this cHiLL lOwKeY gRaNoLa ViBeZ era, but like, she was mumbling demo lyrics in party city wigs in front of her laptop camera. And it was still cute as hell. Though you could definitely say her old videos are low quality, I wouldn't call them "low effort". I think they're very endearing, and wouldn't mind something similar for this era as well. I liked the snippet videos she posted on ig, those were cute too. But this parking lot mess is....something else :bye2:

We complain about everything, and it’s tiresome. Everyone shit on the UV era, and it’s so iconic in retrospect. The gorgeous WC and SoC videos, the imagery, the hypnotic live performances, endless magazine covers, etc.

Who knows? We know she recorded songs with MGK and Jesse Rutherford. I doubt that the songs were intended for NFR. We know that the MGK collab was for his album... but he decided to scrap it all over. Does it include that song as well? if so, will Lana want to get it back for NFR?

I doubt this since I got the impression she went to Jesse’s and MGK’s studios to record the songs with them. So that leads me to believe whatever they recorded is in the hands of their team, not hers, so it’d be a bit of a hassle for her to get the songs for her own record, change it up a bit and have her own input on the production since she’s now very particular on that when it comes to music on her albums.

I used to think HIADT- back when it was still Sylvia Plath- would turn into something else like 13 Beaches. Still love the song, but let’s just say it’s better to have no expectations... lol

Thought I was the only one who didn’t find the guy from WM that handsome. Hmm... does the LFL album trailer count? It was really good, especially compared to Honeymoon’s constant reusage of clips. We’re probably going to get the same reused clips compilation for NFR’s trailer...... if there will even be one......

We complain about everything, and it’s tiresome. Everyone shit on the UV era, and it’s so iconic in retrospect. The gorgeous WC and SoC videos, the imagery, the hypnotic live performances, endless magazine covers, etc.

People on here complained about UV back then??? The tragedy. NFR really has the potential to be one of my top favorite albums, maybe enough to sit next to UV, but this mess compared to other eras.... :|

People were shitting on the UV era!?!?? What the actual fuck? I wasn’t on LB at that time, but what the actual fuck!?! That era was really great, compared to the one we have today!

People were shitting on the UV era!?!?? What the actual fuck? I wasn’t on LB at that time, but what the actual fuck!?! That era was really great, compared to the one we have today!

In retrospect it definitely was great, but at the time it was underwhelming for us coming from the born to die/ paradise eras. At this point the bar is on the floor for exciting us though haha

In retrospect it definitely was great, but at the time it was underwhelming for us coming from the born to die/ paradise eras. At this point the bar is on the floor for exciting us though haha

I think that it just shows that it’s pointless to scrutinize every day for a possible lead (this era particularly). Best to live our lives and let her do her own thing, I guess.