Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

would prefer if she pulled a Lorde and stay silent, COMPLETELY SILENT on social media until she’s fully aware of what is going to happen with the album. but in all honestly i believe a March release.

giphy.gif

I think being rare is a whole part of her concept.

She was so blogger in the LfL era, and I think it scratched Lana's opaque image to my opinion. Now she's "back" to a more ghostly-vaporous-surfy-woody-girl version. And i LOVE it way more like that. All we can refer to is the music and some visuals, it makes the content more precious.

THIS!!!!!!

This is why Honeymoon was her best era outside of the music

I have a thought, maybe the visuals we've received so far are part of an album trailer? Didn't Chuck confirm that they were part of a bigger project?

I'm imagining that HIAB is part of the trailer (obviously) and maybe a couple other tracks... Hopefully released next month alongside the pre-order etc.

If this is the case, I REALLY need more police chase footage  :defeated:

I have a thought, maybe the visuals we've received so far are part of an album trailer? Didn't Chuck confirm that they were part of a bigger project?

I'm imagining that HIAB is part of the trailer (obviously) and maybe a couple other tracks... Hopefully released next month alongside the pre-order etc.

I had a similar thought: maybe the visuals are just snippets of the REAL music videos we're getting. Like........... she pretty much confirmed that the footage used in MAC was in fact the HIAB music video and Venice Bitch we get literally 1 min of footage and the rest is an endless loop of cars on a highway. 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I don’t trust Lana at all....Not since “ Ultraviolence is coming May 1st”. Then almost two months passed....

The release dates aren't completely in her hands... It's very plausible UV was meant to be released May1... but Dan Auerbach's group was releasing their new album that date. It would have been awkward to have two Dan projects the same day and not super wise, marketing strategy speaking. And let's not forget that Interscope wants number one records with her, so the chosen date must be pretty much clear of any other release in order to  (hopefully) do so.

Lana said they're part of the album.

She called Venice Bitch the lead single and said HIADT was from Norman Fucking Rockwell

Oh wow, I didn't know that. I thought these were "fan singles" or whatever she called it.

Also, HBB is part of the album?

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Y'all better pray Lana doesn't think about this record too much or we'll get another "well, it was finished, but I need to rework somethings, add some new songs I wrote, it's being released in the fall now!" :bye2:

Won't happen since Jack is the producer of NFR. He is a busy guy and has already moved on to another project. She doesn't have Rick this time around to come out at 2 AM to record a last-minute song for NFR. 

Oh wow, I didn't know that. I thought these were "fan singles" or whatever she called it.

Also, HBB is part of the album?

She called Hope a fan single though.

She called Hope a fan single though.

But Hope... is Sylvia Plath. And when she first teased Sylvia Plath she said "SYLVIA PLATH from NORMAN FUCKIN ROCKWELL"

As you know, I didn't find the VB video ugly. Sure, it was low-key, low-budget, homemade-is, but it worked.
But if HIaB is indeed the lead single and we get the same damn footage, I will have to join the «Lana got lazy with visuals / let's axe Chuck out of existence» fan club that has grown over the weeks here.

As much as I love MAC, VB and Hope, at this point I wish they weren't part of the album. If we get only 11 tracks I wish they would give up space for some new songs. I mean, they were officially released and we still can listen to them anytime we want, not to mention the fact they're already 4 months old. 

As much as I love MAC, VB and Hope, at this point I wish they weren't part of the album. If we get only 11 tracks I wish they would give up space for some new songs. I mean, they were officially released and we still can listen to them anytime we want, not to mention the fact they're already 4 months old. 

They're 4 months old ALREADY?

Whew! Didn't even notice tbh... They're timeless

As much as I love MAC, VB and Hope, at this point I wish they weren't part of the album. If we get only 11 tracks I wish they would give up space for some new songs.

She had 11 songs finished in September last year, it's likely to be more songs now. I imagine there'll be another 10 songs we haven't heard in full.

But Hope... is Sylvia Plath. And when she first teased Sylvia Plath she said "SYLVIA PLATH from NORMAN FUCKIN ROCKWELL"

yes, fan single, as in «not lead single». Same with MAC and VB: the three tracks from NFR were released for fans mostly, not radio airplay; the lead single to come will possibly have more radio airplay material. 

(by the way, renaming Sylvia makes the song much more personal, though it could have been axed to Hope Is  Dangerous Thing).

Some things I think people should know...

• MAC, VB and HIADTFAWLMTH will be on the album
  • The album will have more than 11 songs
  • Cinnamon isn't scrapped
  • HIAB is not the same song as NFR
  • The supposed leaked album cover on Amazon is not official
  • The album will be released before April

She had 11 songs finished in September last year, it's likely to be more songs now. I imagine there'll be another 10 songs we haven't heard in full.

She said on the Apple Event that How To Disappear was the last track they made together. I think the 11 tracks thing is legit.

NFR will probably have 11 songs, but when she said that number in September, I've been wondering since then if HTD was already included in the 11 songs but was unfinished production-wise, or if it's a 12th song added to the final mix. 

yes, fan single, as in «not lead single». Same with MAC and VB: the three tracks from NFR were released for fans mostly, not radio airplay; the lead single to come will possibly have more radio airplay material. 

(by the way, renaming Sylvia makes the song much more personal, though it could have been axed to Hope Is  Dangerous Thing).

I think we always knew that HIADFAWLMTH was a promotional single (like Coachella), I'm still sceptical about MAC and VB not being official singles, especially when she said that she wanted VB to be the lead.

But I guess we'll see if a lead single does emerge.

She said on the Apple Event that How To Disappear was the last track they made together. I think the 11 tracks thing is legit.

Yeah but Lana being Lana, we don't know whether she meant it was the final song recorded for the album or the latest song they'd recorded.