canela

Slayyyter

5 hours ago, Chorli Xbox said:

Slayyyter is so much in a completely other league that it’s not even possible to compare the two anymore 

With Starfucker release and now No Comma teaser we are really seeing the difference between the two in terms of artistry. Slayyyter has an extremely clear creative vision and is actually able to take inspirations and make something new with them.

Its clear Slayyyter has a passion for music and creating. Kim just seems to want to be rich and famous and will doing anything she desperately can to get there. She wants to be a pop star without making the pop.

On 2/14/2024 at 5:06 AM, slayyyngel said:

Kim just seems to want to be rich and famous and will doing anything she desperately can to get there. She wants to be a pop star without making the pop.

I disagree with this. While her main releases date back from 2017, I think she's had a lot of old demos and other music going all the way back from the early 2010s (with the EP One Piece of Tape being one of her very first "official" music releases in 2011). She also wrote some jingles for adverts back in the day. No one in their right mind would stick to making music that long without being passionate for it. I definitely don't question Kim's passion in music but I do question her desperation for success. 

I think both her and Slayyyter are very similar but the thing is that Kim chose success as a priority whereas Slayyyter seems to be sticking to her guns and standing firm with her artistic identity. Then again, Slayyyter has no experience dealing with a major label so things might change if she gets signed to one. Kim's outputs before she got into Republic felt cohesive and have a clear vision, so I think signing with a major label had something to do with that. 

6 hours ago, Speed Driving Coconuts said:

I disagree with this. While her main releases date back from 2017, I think she's had a lot of old demos and other music going all the way back from the early 2010s (with the EP One Piece of Tape being one of her very first "official" music releases in 2011). She also wrote some jingles for adverts back in the day. No one in their right mind would stick to making music that long without being passionate for it. I definitely don't question Kim's passion in music but I do question her desperation for success. 

I think both her and Slayyyter are very similar but the thing is that Kim chose success as a priority whereas Slayyyter seems to be sticking to her guns and standing firm with her artistic identity. Then again, Slayyyter has no experience dealing with a major label so things might change if she gets signed to one. Kim's outputs before she got into Republic felt cohesive and have a clear vision, so I think signing with a major label had something to do with that. 

As much as I hate Kim’s latest output… I kinda agree.

I think she has a lot of potential and underrated vocals, but she lacks a clear idea of what she wants to put out, unlike Slayyyter who has a clear vision. The mayor label thing doesn’t help either, since they are trying to use her “first trans popstar” persona to get a hit and Miss the mark everytime 

21 hours ago, Speed Driving Coconuts said:

I was speaking in present tense and its not 2010-2017 anymore.

And I mean….. she said herself, Feed the Beast is literally her feeding her record label whatever they asked for.

I guess only time can tell when Kim gets out of her contract and if she decides to go independent, or if Slayyyter ever gets a bigger label deal. What would happen.

But you absolutely do not hear Kim in interviews talking about her passion for wanting to improve, push musical / cultural boundaries, improve her writing skills, speak about her personal life inspiring her music, wanting to learn production, being critical of her past work that missed the mark (outside of her earliest childhood releases),  and so on. This is stuff that is all very apparent in Slayyyter interviews, its not all fake pop celebrity “oh my goddd i was on set with nicki minaj it was so fab #sliving woo ahh!” dribble.

I liked Kim’s music a lot up to Clarity, for the record. Shes certainly not that person anymore, in my view.

1 hour ago, cinnamon teeth said:

did anyone else just get a new order confirmation for their orders from her store? my mauve vinyl is marked as being free as well :oic3: must be a new merch company handling the remaining orders? idk. 

i got one too! Really hoping this means they are infact shipping. Again, i dunno why its so hard for cathy to just tell us whats going on. 

1 hour ago, slayyyngel said:

i got one too! Really hoping this means they are infact shipping. Again, i dunno why its so hard for cathy to just tell us whats going on. 

if you go to the contact link it seems to be a new company, i think they are shipping. makes sense since there's an entire second batch of alt cover vinyl that are probably just sitting around somewhere, it's not like it was just a few remaining orders. 

and yeah idk, it would have been nice to get some clarification about what was happening...i never even got the letter from scp in the mail lol. 

On 2/7/2024 at 3:19 PM, Mariahspoolboy said:

If she can afford THAT can she refund me for my vinyl I'm never gonna get?

On 2/7/2024 at 6:45 PM, slayyyngel said:

After she refunds the 3 I ordered lmao.

So, has Slayter not spoken up about refunding fans who never received the vinyls they ordered? Because apparently online scammers are taking advantage of the situation...

Just saw this on Twitter, unsure if it's true but be careful guys

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Maybe its copium or delusion lol but I would take that tweet with a grain of salt. Apple devices freak out over the tiniest of security concerns and treat their users like you're stupid so they give those giant warning pages for aaaaaaanything. Its likely her new website isn't fully set up yet so its causing errors. If you ignore the warning on your iphone, and go through the page anyways, it just redirects to slayyyter.com.

The email is a randomly-generated email through shopify which all shopify automated emails use and the emails are order accurate, so it is slayyyter's shopify account sending those out. Theres no other way for a scammer to have access to everyone's order infos unless there was an extremely serious security breach with shopify which is very unlikely.

Its better to be safe than sorry and just not click on anything just in case and just hope that the orders are actually being shipped now.

Cathy if you are reading this, this is the time that you go on twitter and explain what is going on!

idk if im late to this and everyones aware but this is definitely a different mix than the one on AM :stareney2: the levels are all different for sure :oprah3: and it fucking eats now im wondering if all the visualizers are like this 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

3 hours ago, pin up galore said:

idk if im late to this and everyones aware but this is definitely a different mix than the one on AM :stareney2: the levels are all different for sure :oprah3: and it fucking eats now im wondering if all the visualizers are like this 

I never noticed it but now that you mention it, it does sound harder than the Spotify version? Maybe it could just be how youtube compresses audio or maybe it is a different mixing. It sounds more similar to the leaked version's instrumentals, or maybe I'm just crazy.