canela

Slayyyter

3 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

Girl Like Me is just so good. I wish it were longer tho. This and Rhinestone Eyes are my favorites

It is great, I agree! But to me it doesn’t fit the album, the sound change is too drastic

for me the last songs would flow perfectly like this:    

Purrr - Plastic - Out Of Time - Tear Me Open - Starfucker

the outro in Starfucker would be sooooo cool as an ending to the whole era :crying:

8 hours ago, details said:

jesus christ what in the book club is going on :nene:

If you guys dont want to discuss then dont go on a discussion forum like stick to your lil brainrot discords pinging bots or something idk.

5 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

It is great, I agree! But to me it doesn’t fit the album, the sound change is too drastic

for me the last songs would flow perfectly like this:    

Purrr - Plastic - Out Of Time - Tear Me Open - Starfucker

the outro in Starfucker would be sooooo cool as an ending to the whole era :crying:

Girl Like Me feels like Starfucker 2 era, but let's see what she cooking in those pink pods...

5 hours ago, slayyyngel said:

If you guys dont want to discuss then dont go on a discussion forum like stick to your lil brainrot discords pinging bots or something idk.

Internet culture nowadays can't handle when discourse is longer than three sentences. Minds start to crack.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

7 hours ago, slayyyngel said:

baby those full blown ESSAYS took me by surprise i opened the slayyyter thread expecting some lighthearted fun and giggles not research papers on whether slayyyter is derivative or not. is not that serious darling :kiss: but you do you, if writing novels on lanaboards is what you do for fun then go for it sweetheart 

On 2/26/2024 at 10:11 PM, Metaphysic said:

I don't feel that Slayyyter is taking her career seriously just for the schedule.

What's the point of an artist performing a song for months on a tour that opened with Tove Lo and only releasing it after a year? She performed Erotic Eletronic at a party with Aquaria. She performed I Love Hollywood. She performed My Body. And no album out. No announce to make. But why? She has the right to do what she wants, but it certainly affected her performance because of the time these songs weren't on digital platforms, which also implies piracy (not her fault, but a consequence). It feels like she had no plan at all.

i think this issue is because of a disconnect between her and the label. when i met her in 2022 she said she was hoping to have the first single out by then end of the year and then the album out beginning of 2023. that's still pretty early to be playing i love hollywood back in june 2022 or whenever it was but not quite as bad, especially for the songs that were played at the tove shows. plus there was that one time she played tommy last year and said her label wasn't letting her release it...idk. it just doesn't seem like they're on the same page at all (plus the no comma lyrics are rather telling) and it's causing weird release schedules bc cathy just plays them anyways (which i don't blame her for i understand the frustration). 

Off topic, but I just revisited Troubled Paradise after a while (I stoped listening to it since I got a little fed up after replaying it so many times when it came out) and how can it be so… flawless? :sluttybunny:

like 0 skips, all kind of flavors, topics and genres! She really is one of a kind and understands pop like no one else! 

specially from Dog House up until Villain is just PERFECT :defeated:

Starfucker is a great follow up, don’t get me wrong, but TP will forever be what made me fall in love with her music 

I feel so bad for Cathy after experiencing Eternal Sunshine all the way through except one single. It made listening to it feel so special and I cant stop repeating it now I dont want to go to sleep.

I hate that all the Starfucker tracks leaked.

I hope for this album shes given the opportunity to release without leaks and we can all be so so so excited about the album dropping and giving our first reactions all together. :crai:

On 3/4/2024 at 7:14 PM, Anonymcomenter said:

People losing their shit over Heartbreak On Stereo, meanwhile if she ever needed to pay to clear a sample it would be for Emotional!! 

that song is so good and beautiful :defeated:

her voice is angelic there 

omg what? I didn't know Emotional sampled anything :wat: but it's so good, I just wish it was finished :defeated: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

omg what? I didn't know Emotional sampled anything :wat: but it's so good, I just wish it was finished :defeated: 

apparently it does 

for some reason every song titled Emotional I know is a BOP! Like the ones from Zella Day and Kesha too 

So the shop is back up, new things went up for sale, and sold out. She tweeted about this and the bankruptcy.

No mention of the people whose orders were made previously but still not sent out.

Wtf is going on I'm getting pissed. 

An email was sent out that they are working on sending out the orders.

thank god she put the magazine tee back up for sale I lost mine in a move a year ago and couldn't find any for sale when I checked :beyonce: and now I have it againnnn

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif