Beautiful Loser

Moments/memories of your life involving Lana's music

When I was 21 I tried to kill myself, I tried to jump off a bridge into a lake I’d also taking sleeping pills. For some random reason Ride started playing on my phone like halfway through I must have left it on Youtube playing, it started just as I approached the bridge. I sat listening to it and it helped calm me down and gave me the encouragement I needed to not go through with it. It’s extremely emotional listening to it now.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

When I was 21 I tried to kill myself, I tried to jump off a bridge into a lake I’d also taking sleeping pills. For some random reason Ride started playing on my phone like halfway through I must have left it on Youtube playing, it started just as I approached the bridge. I sat listening to it and it helped calm me down and gave me the encouragement I needed to not go through with it. It’s extremely emotional listening to it now.

So glad you didn’t!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I don’t know what to say. This is so dark and heartbreaking... I’m really glad it started to play. I’m glad you’re still here.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

More than anything else, I remember getting drunk and high with my ex while we were listening to Born To Die (on vinyl) over and over. We were just lying in bed, kissing and cuddling, playing GTA and... doing other stuff LMAO. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

There were times a bird would enter my window (I'm serious), it was so beautiful and pure. I started to actually believe in God around that time, because of that bird. It made me feel very hopeful.  :xcry:

God is an avian

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.

when i was in high school i used to go for a bike ride almost every day, around a lake very close to my hometown, and i would always stop and sit down to read and to listen to Lana, so most of the songs on btd, paradise and aka remind me of that place. i went through a lot of change during that period in my life, that was the time when i felt like i became myself, so those songs and that place are extra special to me.

another memory i have: when tropico was released we played it at school during recess on the digital board in the classroom, and we didn't stop playing it when recess ended because we wanted to watch as much of it we could, so when the teacher entered the classroom there were strippers dancing on the screen  :delish:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

i was at a party sitting on the kitchen counter with a friend and out of the blue we both started singing mariner's apartment complex

blue eyes, and jazz, and attitude

One evening my old group of friends and I had stayed over at one of our houses, he had a forest at the foot of his house. We had a lot of vodka and decided to go out into the woods at like 2am. We were just messing around and having a good time. We came across a fallen tree trunk and each of us took a seat on it. I started playing Brooklyn baby from my phone speaker and sang along with it. Then all 4 of us were singing along together by the last 2 minutes of it. It was really beautiful, I wish I could go back and experience it again

Every time I listen to Shades it Cool it reminds me of the time in listened to it during a late-night bath in a San Francisco hotel room, shortly after I realized I was gay and about a week before I joined LanaBoards

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Back in high school I used to skip a lot of days because of my depression. I remember that I always listened to her May Jailer songs and I just fell in love with those songs, some of them even gave me some good sleep and rest

SIRENS INTERRUPT THE SILENCE

Sadly, I associated all her new music with a volatile relationship at that time and so it just takes me back to memories I could really do without right now. Some day in the late future, I'll listen to it again when I'm better. As for her older songs, they usually bring me such joy and almost like some sort of relief, even if they're depressive or dark (because I feel understood). Her crazy songs, her happy songs and so on - all of her moods all relatable. Her very first bigger songs (from BTD) take me back to when I was especially young and naive. I dunno, I'll always have a place for her 

Watching the Born to Die music videos alone in my dorm room of the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs every day after working out Aug-Nov 2012. It was a very isolating experience and Lana was a connection back to my life in San Francisco.