Sign in to follow this  
American Whore

New Orleans, LA @ The Buku Project Festival - March 22, 2019

No it’s clearly something you want to fight about as always, people tell you to DM them so the topic doesn’t divert and you do the exact opposite, once again as always

Anywayzzz!!!!! June I believe!

@@YUNGATA @@Elle can you just give us all warning points, including Valerie, so she can shut the fuck up, please :awkney:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Oh I was speaking more so from a place of understanding and a hope for the betterment of society, where as you're taking it from a place of "authoritarian ego" my friend. Everything that's under the sun in HUMAN culture and you can't change that. Unless you want to seriously spend your days checking what culture made what and only letting them use it, meaning you and me can't use philosophy, only the Greeks can. Also you and me can't use math, only the Arabs can. Etc. Etc. See how ridiculous it is when you start cookie cutting everything out of human history only to suit one specific culture? It's tedious and counterproductive to peace. But again go off sis, tell me how big my ego is, even though you're clearly experiencing signs of being frustrated and angered, hence why you started your statement with "I don't need your bullshit" rather than a valid, mature response, and now your ego is on high alert to try and insult me in every which way so that your fabricated transparent moral code and reality are not under fire.

Yeah, you definitely weren't; trying to use passive aggressive language to imply I was a hypocrite for saying what I did. Don't toss stones you can barely pick up then try and hide the hands, Peroxide. It's incredibly apparent your depth in any conversation whatsoever is that equal to a college boy trying to be devil's advocate & take a moral high ground in any and every topic you can hamfist your unneeded opinion into. The usage of 'big boy' words at the tail end of this comment reaffirm my point even more, you don't have to sound smart to make people believe you are, you can just prove it by knowing what you're talking about. If your views of Arab culture are solely 'Math' and Greeks, 'Philosophy' you're ignorant. Nobody ever said you can't appreciate culture, and one would do that by supporting traditions made BY a community FOR that community. Maybe make some recipes, go to a charity event to put some revenue into their already oppressed community, do something productive. 

But asking white people not to wear ceremonial headdresses for the fact their appreciation of them is purely vanity based, shallow, and ignorant to the purpose of said pieces? A crime against the culture of humanity ig. I'd highly appreciate it if you were to accept you clearly don't carry the range needed to partake in this discussion.

damn I never thought about it like that before tbh...

It's faulty logic that has been disagreed upon and critiqued by every damn minority under the sun yet people who don't give a fuck as to listening to the communities their "appreciation" affects, don't seem to care. Eyeliner made by the Egyptians and Math made by the Arabs isn't among the same vein as CEREMONIAL AND RELIGIOUS GARB MADE BY INDIGENOUS AMERICANS. It's like when Black people say not to wear box braids, dreads, bantu knots, etc. and white people get pissy at the very idea and tell them they can't use lightbulbs or printing press. If you truly think your 'culture' is made notable by inventions or objects such as those, then it speaks for itself.

Concert was boring xo

Do ya'll think Lana was supposed to perform new songs from NFR last night? Or maybe a new lead single if only this whole mess with the delay never happened?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Do ya'll think Lana was supposed to perform new songs from NFR last night? Or maybe a new lead single if only this whole mess with the delay never happened?

Nah, she seemed super happy and into it. Idk if she really planned anything new, but I love how she tried out new things with the NFR songs.

It's like when Black people say not to wear box braids, dreads, bantu knots, etc. and white people get pissy at the very idea and tell them they can't use lightbulbs or printing press.

I...don't really think this analogy will make sense to people who don't think cultural appropriation is a thing :/ When you use that logic, it sounds like a valid argument.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Yeah, you definitely weren't; trying to use passive aggressive language to imply I was a hypocrite for saying what I did. Don't toss stones you can barely pick up then try and hide the hands, Peroxide. It's incredibly apparent your depth in any conversation whatsoever is that equal to a college boy trying to be devil's advocate & take a moral high ground in any and every topic you can hamfist your unneeded opinion into. The usage of 'big boy' words at the tail end of this comment reaffirm my point even more, you don't have to sound smart to make people believe you are, you can just prove it by knowing what you're talking about. If your views of Arab culture are solely 'Math' and Greeks, 'Philosophy' you're ignorant. Nobody ever said you can't appreciate culture, and one would do that by supporting traditions made BY a community FOR that community. Maybe make some recipes, go to a charity event to put some revenue into their already oppressed community, do something productive.

But asking white people not to wear ceremonial headdresses for the fact their appreciation of them is purely vanity based, shallow, and ignorant to the purpose of said pieces? A crime against the culture of humanity ig. I'd highly appreciate it if you were to accept you clearly don't carry the range needed to partake in this discussion.

It's faulty logic that has been disagreed upon and critiqued by every damn minority under the sun yet people who don't give a fuck as to listening to the communities their "appreciation" affects, don't seem to care. Eyeliner made by the Egyptians and Math made by the Arabs isn't among the same vein as CEREMONIAL AND RELIGIOUS GARB MADE BY INDIGENOUS AMERICANS. It's like when Black people say not to wear box braids, dreads, bantu knots, etc. and white people get pissy at the very idea and tell them they can't use lightbulbs or printing press. If you truly think your 'culture' is made notable by inventions or objects such as those, then it speaks for itself.

Concert was boring xo

Senorita you realize white people braided hair in Europe long before they ventured off to Africa right... Also in terms of religious and sacred garments, why do people wear uggs and moccasins for? Is that not cultural appropriation? Also why are white people allowed to wear veils/head scarfs, seeing as it's appropriation of Muslim culture? Yes you can argue that everyone has worn a headscarf at one period of time for the three main religions, as was everyone wearing sacred fabrics and such before we moved on from that, but seeing as Muslims are the only ones who practice it now, that means it's their culture. All I'm saying sis is you can arguing that wearing crosses as a fashion statement is bad. Go to the Met Gala and yell at them for their heaven theme they did last year. There's so many things with religious and sacred backgrounds that we use nowadays that the amount of angry people would be endless.

But again, before everyone tells me off again, DM if you actually wanna talk sis

I...don't really think this analogy will make sense to people who don't think cultural appropriation is a thing :/ When you use that logic, it sounds like a valid argument.

I'd hope somebody truly thinking their culture equates to things such as a lightbulb can have their ignorance speak for itself in that case.

Senorita you realize white people braided hair in Europe long before they ventured off to Africa right... Also in terms of religious and sacred garments, why do people wear uggs and moccasins for? Is that not cultural appropriation? Also why are white people allowed to wear veils/head scarfs, seeing as it's appropriation of Muslim culture? Yes you can argue that everyone has worn a headscarf at one period of time for the three main religions, as was everyone wearing sacred fabrics and such before we moved on from that, but seeing as Muslims are the only ones who practice it now, that means it's their culture. All I'm saying sis is you can arguing that wearing crosses as a fashion statement is bad. Go to the Met Gala and yell at them for their heaven theme they did last year. There's so many things with religious and sacred backgrounds that we use nowadays that the amount of angry people would be endless.

But again, before everyone tells me off again, DM if you actually wanna talk sis

1. I won't bother replying past this comment case it just keeps proving how little you truly know, and it's just basic knowledge at this point. You truly don't have the depth nor mind to talk about this, stick to bitching about 'complainers complaining' in mainthread.

and secondly,

I'm not going to be DM'ing you. You didn't bother to do so with Noel last night when he offered, and he still ended up writing paragraphs for you. If I have to go through the manual and eventual emotional labor of trying to teach someone who doesn't give a fuck I can happily forward you my paypal in advance so I can get something out of teaching a child.

I'd hope somebody truly thinking their culture equates to things such as a lightbulb can have their ignorance speak for itself in that case.

1. I won't bother replying past this comment case it just keeps proving how little you truly know, and it's just basic knowledge at this point. You truly don't have the depth nor mind to talk about this, stick to bitching about 'complainers complaining' in mainthread.

and secondly,

I'm not going to be DM'ing you. You didn't bother to do so with Noel last night when he offered, and he still ended up writing paragraphs for you. If I have to go through the manual and eventual emotional labor of trying to teach someone who doesn't give a fuck I can happily forward you my paypal in advance so I can get something out of teaching a child.

Whatever floats your boat :brows: Keep splitting us apart into smaller subcategories and pointing fingers at every other race I guess. See if that causes world peace

...................Anyway I hope for future shows Lana finally stops playing so much BTD era shit and starts focusing more on songs from Honeymoon and Ultraviolence. Hell, what if she played some songs from AKA......... a concept

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Now u wanna DM...

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg

If she is gonna insist on performing BTD songs then why not perform Carmen or MDM which sound amazing live rather than her half half-assed versions of OTTR and SS?  :facepalm:

For real, I know we'll always hear VG and BTD which is fine....... but girl throw in Carmen, DMD, or Radio sometimes

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg

No offense, but this is why post count means nothing on this site. Some people have the dumbest thoughts and the biggest mouths, spreading the dumbest shit 24/7 on here.  :deadbanana:  :toofunny:

Anyway, concert seemed alright. Nothing spectacular, but it was nice to hear her sing MAC live.  :oprah3: