Sign in to follow this  
American Whore

New Orleans, LA @ The Buku Project Festival - March 22, 2019

My friend said once that after so many selfies he just wanted to talk to her for a second but she just leaned for a selfie mid sentence so it is what it is now

Cute story but it wasn’t mid-sentence. She just leaned for a selfie without me asking her for a photo but the result was my iconic profile picture so I’m not even mad at her. 

Honestly if I was a famous singer and I had a noodle hair boy following me around the country and overseas forcing his ass into front row at every show just to see me and take pictures with me and tell me he loves me, like, i’d be getting a fucking restraining order ASAP...

Tea.

I mean it’s really cute that he’s that devoted and I really believe in Lana’s thankfuliness and all (also, let’s be honest - after all she makes a literal profit from fans attending that many shows) but after a few shows it’s getting kinda creepy. Even if she’s used to that and likes seeing familiar faces, overall the fact that someone has to be at EVERY show at the exact same spot doesn’t sound healthy to me. I totally understand going to her shows and ~fighting~ for the front row, but asking her for a picture every fucking time is kinda sad and attention-seeking at this point.

I know many fans who have been to 15-20+ shows and they’re not all about selfies with her, I think now they’re at this point when they’re just there for the show and being chill and all, standing there quietly and letting someone else’s having a moment with Lana. Personally, after my first three shows I was kinda over asking her for a selfie and last time she recognized me and asked if I want a picture I asked her to take a selfie with my friend that never had this opportunity before.

So although I really understand this kind of fan-devotion (after all I’m an owner of her Polish fanclub for almost 8 years now, who am I to criticize?), I’m always worried for these fans’ sanity. I’m not going to mention any names but literally every 3 years she changes her ~affection~ to other fans and I’m sure most of this forum remember many of her 2012-13 Twitter stans that don’t even attend her shows anymore.

I've always wanted to see Lana perform live by myself but now i don't think i want to anymore, sad to think that i won't ever be able to see 2013, 2015 or 2014 Lana performs, god why am i so young

Same :(

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Honestly if I was a famous singer and I had a noodle hair boy following me around the country and overseas forcing his ass into front row at every show just to see me and take pictures with me and tell me he loves me, like, i’d be getting a fucking restraining order ASAP...

which noodle hair boy are we talking about i missed this tea

Thanks all for the pics and the videos. I am pretty sure those that attended enjoyed themselves. Remember this has been the first show for a while and part of a festival. I think she only has a few festival dates lined up. I think when she does a Lana tour (in 2021 or 2022 :)) she'll put a little more focus on the show.

God. What's the point of that dress if you're going to hide it with a jacket. So over her, wish I could just listen to her live shows and not watch that cringey pose of backup dancers but not even the sound is great, she won't even sing. The "thighs" or whatever don't make up for it LOL, it's sad.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

first of all I MISSED THOSE LEGS

her thighs give me LIFE :kris:

seriously she looked beautiful, slutty lana is legendary

loved the hair, the makeup, the DRESS :hawt: , the boots :fabcat: , I didn't even mind the jacket :flutter:

idk if i genuinely liked it or i'm just turned on but either way it was the best i've seen her look in ages :agree2:

the vocals were sadly trash, very few parts were good, but i mean she barely sang some songs... super disappointing

she also looked high as fuck, which makes me sad, but on the bright side this time she didn't look like she'd rather be anywhere else but there. i hope she had fun!

now regarding the dancers...what the fuck even was that :awk: 

like others on this thread said, i wish she'd go back to singing in smaller venues, it feels more intimate and she seems far more comfortable performing like that. all the fans defending her dancers say she's more at ease & confident with them on stage with her, but she's never looked more awkward or out of place imo... there's just something incredibly awkward, disorganized and often robotic about the way they all...move. because you can't really call it dancing lmao. and she moves like a puppet on a string :eek:

i know this is going to sound mean but i can't help but cringe now every time i hear her call herself "dance queen" in some of her older songs :toofunny:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Idk who that noodled hair twink is, but from what I gathered, he takes away oppurtunities for other fans to get to Lana. Like why isn't once enough for these types of people?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Idk who that noodled hair twink is, but from what I gathered, he takes away oppurtunities for other fans to get to Lana. Like why isn't once enough for these types of people?

Also he's like 60 meters tall and always stays in front row... Win sis... people want to watch the fucking show too

Tea.

I mean it’s really cute that he’s that devoted and I really believe in Lana’s thankfuliness and all (also, let’s be honest - after all she makes a literal profit from fans attending that many shows) but after a few shows it’s getting kinda creepy. Even if she’s used to that and likes seeing familiar faces, overall the fact that someone has to be at EVERY show at the exact same spot doesn’t sound healthy to me. I totally understand going to her shows and ~fighting~ for the front row, but asking her for a picture every fucking time is kinda sad and attention-seeking at this point.

I know many fans who have been to 15-20+ shows and they’re not all about selfies with her, I think now they’re at this point when they’re just there for the show and being chill and all, standing there quietly and letting someone else’s having a moment with Lana. Personally, after my first three shows I was kinda over asking her for a selfie and last time she recognized me and asked if I want a picture I asked her to take a selfie with my friend that never had this opportunity before.

So although I really understand this kind of fan-devotion (after all I’m an owner of her Polish fanclub for almost 8 years now, who am I to criticize?), I’m always worried for these fans’ sanity. I’m not going to mention any names but literally every 3 years she changes her ~affection~ to other fans and I’m sure most of this forum remember many of her 2012-13 Twitter stans that don’t even attend her shows anymore.

This so much. Like I don't know if I can compare but there's this one Finnish artist that I've been listening to five years now, I've seen her like 7 times throughout the years and I've said hi to her after all of them except for one time because the place was packed as she's been getting a lot more popular. I also did a single cover for her in 2014. First two gigs I took a selfie with her and also once when I randomly bumped into her, but other than that just being there to support her has been enough.

By now she knows me and my boyfriend somewhat well enough so asking for a selfie feels awkward, I don't need it and it's more chill - and natural - just quickly exchanging news, discussing music and whatnot and letting the new fans meet and take time with her instead. I'm definitely over the "idol thing", she's a normal human being just like me who just happens to be famous because of what she does for her living. I don't care for front row either, I'm actually way more comfortable being somewhat in the background.

She's releasing a new album next Friday after many years and we're going to the release party/show and of course I'd like to congratulate her in person because I know it's been a long journey, maybe get an autograph on the new album just because I have the previous two signed as well, but I'm good even if I don't get to do that. Like I said, just being there to support her is enough for me.