Sign in to follow this  
American Whore

New Orleans, LA @ The Buku Project Festival - March 22, 2019

I just read two reviews who both pointed out her lack of singing and that she’s difficult to be heard. They didn’t seem very impressed and it’s just sad when she has the capacity to become better. One of them (maybe the one I’ll link below) even wrote that people left - ouch.
This one was kind of interesting because the reporter asked two fans afterwards if this was normal for Lana and they both said yes and that it might have been her best performance. : ))))) I mean, I cried tears of joy when I saw her too, but I knew it wasn’t her best... The reporter also noticed that her show focuses mostly on the front row crowd, which actually is a bit sad.
https://www.nola.com/arts/2019/03/lana-del-rey-performs-at-buku-festival-but-mostly-for-her-first-rows-of-fans.html

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I just read two reviews who both pointed out her lack of singing and that she’s difficult to be heard. They didn’t seem very impressed and it’s just sad when she has the capacity to become better. One of them (maybe the one I’ll link below) even wrote that people left - ouch.

This one was kind of interesting because the reporter asked two fans afterwards if this was normal for Lana and they both said yes and that it might have been her best performance. : ))))) I mean, I cried tears of joy when I saw her too, but I knew it wasn’t her best... The reporter also noticed that her shows focus mostly on the front row crowd, which actually is a bit sad.https://www.nola.com/arts/2019/03/lana-del-rey-performs-at-buku-festival-but-mostly-for-her-first-rows-of-fans.html

I mean they aren’t wrong :( i just finished watching a couple vids and you can hardly hear her. MAC was one of them.

I mean they aren’t wrong :( i just finished watching a couple vids and you can hardly hear her. MAC was one of them.

I mean, MAC (and VB) is sung kind of softly so I didn’t expect much but it’s just tragic that she still keeps OTTR and barely sings at all.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

It's sad that people could say things like that and Lana could read it, but man, it's time for her to separate her fake lashes and open her eyes to see reality: she's acting horrible towards us and yeah, she doesn't owe us anything, but if she wants to stay away from criticism she could at least try????? try to sing??? to perform???? to keep us updated????

It's sad that people could say things like that and Lana could read it, but man, it's time for her to separate her fake lashes and open her eyes to see reality: she's acting horrible towards us and yeah, she doesn't owe us anything, but if she wants to stay away from criticism she could at least try????? try to sing??? to perform???? to keep us updated????

The two reviews I read weren’t harsh in any way, but - yes, I agree. She can add a minimum amount of effort and fans will still think she was perfect that night. I just hoped she would step up a level but after seeing this (and a few nights from the LATTM tour) I don’t have high expectations for my show anymore. :( It’s really a 50-50 chance to get a good show with Lana.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

@Clampigirl

the review is intersting

and though not negative

you can see that he/she kinda mocks everything and for the reason

best show ever?

people leaving

she sings for the 1st raw

underneath there is a lot of criticism

and it is right one like many people say here

The levelling of her set has been completely incorrect for awhile. Her mic is too low and, really, there’s no reason why because her vocals aren’t any more or less sound than they used to be.

You can also hear it in instrumentals too, most predominantly Cherry. IMO, the drums are levelled completely wrong - so the drum roll comes in really quiet when it’s actually a really loud, imposing part of the studio instrumental. I think it’s a shame.

The levelling of her set has been completely incorrect for awhile. Her mic is too low and, really, there’s no reason why because her vocals aren’t any more or less sound than they used to be.

You can also hear it in instrumentals too, most predominantly Cherry. IMO, the drums are levelled completely wrong - so the drum roll comes in really quiet when it’s actually a really loud, imposing part of the studio instrumental. I think it’s a shame.

i think the biggest kii is always when her backing tracks kick in and it's just- that. her backing track draining everything else out and u can just hear the studio track playing

happens very notably in white mustang, cherry, ottra, ... many more

i76mrxw.png 

i think the biggest kii is always when her backing tracks kick in and it's just- that. her backing track draining everything else out and u can just hear the studio track playing

happens very notably in white mustang, cherry, ottra, ... many more

This.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

friendly reminder to keep yer posts on topic because it's really boring to read pages of off topic garbage from the same group of people over and over again. ya not that smart or interesting :poordat:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I'm sad to hear her performances have gone downhill. I saw her during the Endless Summer Tour and she was great, I almost don't want to see her live again because it might ruin that great memory

negAbhB.png

I definitely wouldn’t avoid seeing her because of her reviews tho, in the moment it all goes away. her set can be unlevelled at times and flat out broken (the audio broke the last two times I saw her) but she can still deliver a performance that can bring you to tears.

The 'I'm' part suggests it's her choice to put it out slowly, not her label. So this still leads me to believe it could be a surprise release. Lana wants to just ride this era out as slowly as possible for whatever reason.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The 'I'm' part suggests it's her choice to put it out slowly, not her label. So this still leads me to believe it could be a surprise release. Lana wants to just ride this era out as slowly as possible for whatever reason.

It will always seem real ambiguous to me if she seems to be talking about an effect rather than a cause. For instance, several have mentioned that she might have to change the title of the album, because of the expletive in relation to a famous artist, who may still have living relatives. I mean I hope that particular issue was addressed at the get go, but who knows. Or she might want a certain artistic closure that involves more production. Or the label baddies. All I'm really getting from "I'm" is that she takes responsibility for whatever it is causing the slowdown, because it's her album.

Although I know it's a really far-fetched possibility, why wouldn't releasing NFR at the same time as Billie's album not trigger a fan war leading to more album sales for both artists in the long run? True, only one number 1, but who in the grand scheme of things really cares about number 1? For instance, it will not decide the historical importance of the work, imo. Also it's not even going to decide the total amount it sells. I mean BTD was number 2, also Sam Smith's debut was eclipsed by UV, but probably sold (a lot) more than UV.